The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

6 classic army mp5 mid-caps to go in the GSG-522 PK that I won in the raffle at the GZ weekender.

But they don't fit, for some reason they're refusing to mate with the feed tube inside the top of the magwell... Modification needed!

• Supporters
Well it comes with a 300mm barrel, but that falls way short of reaching the end of the outer barrel, I'll 'dry fit' the tight bore with no hop rubber first, if it all looks good I'll put it in.

Finally put the tightbore in this afternoon, a 363 is a perfect fit, just short of the end of the outer barrel by about 3-4 mm, with the flash hider on that increases to about 15mm.

Makes me wonder why TM put a 300mm one in there to begin with? Perhaps to make sure it was round about 300FPS for the Japanese market?

• Supporters

Most probably.

I got a G&P M4 shorty the other week/month, put an M100 in it and it's STILL shooting at about 375fps... The thing is completely stock and the barrel's only something like 250mm... What witchcraft is this?

Just got a red dot ACOG and some black ladder rail covers for the SCAR

IMG_0013.jpg

• Supporters

A TM P226 and 3 mags =D

Hope it's as good as I'm imagining it to be.

My TM p226 was really good! Don't lose faith in your side arm :)

Just landed myself a nice project gun.

It's a G&P/Systema M4 RIS with a handful of electrical issues!

Worth in the region of £900-£1000, got it at a bargain of about £450!

M401.jpg

M402.jpg

Nom <3

(This is how to play airsoft and be jobless!)

just bought around a 150 quids worth of kit off airsoft club cadpat bdu's OD plate carrier, molle belt, pouches, holster every thing under the sun for my new loadout oh and a new beret, "lost" the old one at the airport

PALCO FIREPOWER C02 USP

Abbey Silicone Gun Oil

CYMA MP5 65rd short mag

Stick type 1600mA battery

TAS Multicam holster

ASG Strike Systems Tactical Airsoft Mask (goggles)

• Supporters
PALCO FIREPOWER C02 USP

Is that a 3rd one, mate?

Me:

Lonex Aluminium AK Hop Unit

Lonex 50 deg Hop Rubber

SHS Aluminium AK Air Nozzle

All from Helmet World on eBay - £34.34 inc. P&P

I went with them because I don't want to wait for post from HK or mainland China and the price wasn't too bad with a small P&P discount for combined postage. I was tempted by the SHS CNC Ally Hop for my AK but it's pretty expensive and all you get is the basic chamber, none of the arm etc. bits. I suppose I should have waited until I could afford to also buy Mad Bull rubbers, but hey ho, we'll get to see if these Lonex ones are any good (BTW, the clear Shark Rubber I bought previously for my AK got trashed during installation and removal for adjustment :( ).

• Supporters

Sig came today, but the decocker won't budge, is it not a functional part on the TM? 'Cos if not, that sucks...

• Supporters

does it not say in the destructions, Ed?

The TM certainly does have a functional decocker, if it's stuck maybe take the grip off and reseat it?

I wouldn't force it though, it bends if you put lots of pressure onto it. Like trying to push it down when the hammer is already decocked... done that once or twice before

I know two guys with TM P226s and they both say theirs have a fully working decocker, and my KJW (a clone of the TM) also has a working decocker.

Alternatively, the decocker only works when the hammer is all the way back - any other position and the decocker won't work.

Perhaps yours is broken? Try looking for TM/KJW P226 spare parts if it's broken. Either can be used, but the TM parts will (usually) be better quality than the KJW.

• Supporters

There are none, Ian, I got it second hand, it just came in a box, cushioned with shredded paper lol.

The decocker does work. I thought it didn't work because I was at work when it arrived and my brother rang to say it wouldn't move...

However, I just got in and had a look at it and realised (for the billionth time) that he's a retard. All it was, the decocker is basically a folder piece of metal and the fold had been squashed in the post. It had essentially clamped itself to the grip panel it bends around, so it wouldn't move. Bent it back a bit = perfectly functional.

I have to say that I actually really love it, I thought I'd hate it for the plastic and I still don't think it's as nice as a metal one, but it has a feelingly of trustworthiness about it lol, I don't have gas to fire it much, but I got it with 4 mags total, all fully gassed and it got off 18 shots from each with enough left in them to keep the seals in check for storage.

There is no kick really, but it makes a good noise and the performance is very nice from the limited use it's had so far. It's rather weathered as well, ESPECIALLY the magazines, so it's good to know it still works this well when it looks this old, the magazines especially.

I just need more gas and I'm dying to skirmish it now.

Does anyone know which holster the British Army use and where I can get some MTP pistol pouches?