The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

I hate PTFE tape. I always make a mess of everything, put too much on, etc. and can never get rid of it.

• Supporters
What parts do you still need for your L119?

PS. since when were you a moderator?

I need the right flash hider, a sling mount, the right gas block/front sight, the right grip, a rubber pad for the stock, more Emags, a sling and the receiver.

That's assuming I can even find all of that.

If I want it to be 100% accurate I'll also have to cut the outer barrel down by half an inch.

And I've been a moderator for about a week now I think, Dev appointed me one because 3 moderators are currently away, including him. Finius got upgraded to Moderator status as well.

• Supporters

Well enjoy searching/buying/doing all of that :L.

Should be finishing off my L96 tomorrow (aside from the paint), ordered everything else I need this morning (well, yesterday morning now, but I haven't slept so it doesn't count!) for next day delivery.

Awesome, well deserved you two :).

• Supporters

10 x Red + 10 x Blue Male/Female Pairs 4mm Bullet Crimp Connectors - so I can shift the fuse of my AK forward into the handguard and also put a mosfet in there without then having to disassemble the front end any time I want to mess with the gearbox.

2 x Violet LX Tape - to wrap my mags in something immediately recognisable that isn't likely to be a team colour!

• Supporters

Received the rest of the parts for L96 today, minus one thing.

Also, the piston head was a little squashed, so doesn't fit in the cylinder. Exchanging it tomorrow at Urban Assault, thanks to Fire Support :).

• Supporters

The mag looks so cool... and everything forward of that tube sticking out the back is, as already stated, so beautiful... the stock? Eeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Just got some Web-tex 5 Colour Camo Face Paint and a Web-tex Ammo Pouch Sized Stainless Steel 330ml Flask - I'm thinking of the night game @Skirmish Airsoft on the 18th...

Just bought a couple of guns as back up/loaners.

A stockless JG beta spetz (got single point sling and fore grip on it from my spares box)

a full metal, full stock dhboys beta.

Already modded them with xt60 connectors, put a spare barrel in the full stock and a silencer on it.

Looks like I am going full circle back to AK's, so my cxp is going up for sale to fund a AKM and a RPK!

• Supporters

Y'know, the mag of that 417, as well as the Emags I have show something that really irritates me...

They show the rounds stacking literally parallel to each other. It's like there's two separate columns of rounds. They're supposed to be staggered ffs! Emags are meant to be made by Magpul to a really high quality, so how'd they make such a retarded mistake? It's even more obvious on that 417 mag though.

I know I'm just picky, but it does annoy me.

Other than that, I think the 417 looks fucking sexy as hell, especially the stock. I like how they've made the buffer tube fatter to account for the fact it's a 7.62 and not a 5.56 as well. I don't think other companies tend to do that.

• Supporters

You're totally right about the mags, Ed, you tw@t! Now I can't look at them the same... we'll just have to agree to disagree that you're wrong about the stock, fat tube or no. It's clearly not my fault that your sense of aesthetics is disagreeable :lol:;)

• Supporters
The buffer tube is so large, I might just rent it out to an eastern European family

Is this a joke or something? I really don't understand it at all..

• Supporters

I think it it a larger tube with a larger internal diameter to allow you to fit a bigger battery inside

• Supporters
I think it it a larger tube with a larger internal diameter to allow you to fit a bigger battery inside

bigger battery, east european family, your lunch... and a partridge in a pear tree!

Picked up my first sidearm, felt I may as well make it a decent one..

pistol2.jpg

Pistol1.jpg

ASG Duty One, really impressed with the weight and quality, glad I forked out rather than buy a cheapo make and run it till it inevitably breaks.

• Supporters
bigger battery, east european family, your lunch... and a partridge in a pear tree!

Please explain Eastern European family part, I don't understand.. :(

• Supporters

Must be a re-brand of the KWA? Anyone got one to compare?

Nice setup as a 1911 goes though, good that it comes with the mag well, decent sights, hammer, grips etc. Well photographed too.

A friend wanted an excuse to use his new camera, chuffed with the results (although he's annoyed at lack of focus on the grip in the first pic). Seems solidly built, paints hard wearing (so far) which is good, usually when putting something on an attachment rail instant paint flakes happen, on this none so far. Mag holds 14, box says 328FPS, we've got a chrono on order so that'll be tested soonish, once Ive had a chance to use it skirmishing I'll pop a review up. All the good stuff such as the slide locking back, safety, rear safety to squeeze, etc.

Add:

1 TM P90 for Daughters birthday + red dot, spare mags and lipo batt:

kp902.jpg

For myself, a magpul pistol grip for my ICS M4 (machined to fit an ICS by previous owner). A front flip up sight for same so I can finally also fit my Magpul hand guard which has mysteriously disappeared... (Suspect wife involved there.) Also as the above gun came with the 2 silencers, the burlap one shown in the pic on the P90 is now on my M4 with the p90 back to its original TM black one.

So adding in the recent Px4, the Atacs and this I think I need to re-mortgage now...

• Supporters
Please explain Eastern European family part, I don't understand.. :(

Eastern European families are renown for being huge, like 7+ family members. They're also stereotypically poor.

So most people view them as ramming loads of people into a tiny space, a bit like sardines in a tin, or clowns in a car.

I think the joke was that because the stock tube is so massive, it would be considered roomy by an Eastern European family.

Your ability to understand jokes is almost as terrible as my mothers' lol.

• Supporters

Right, okay..