The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

My first one was amazingly well stuck on, i had to sit on it on a work bench with my dad using a spanner, it was way tougher than any others I've seen.

If you have a spanner use that on the two flat sides, it'd work better than a screwdriver

• Supporters

It didn't really have a colour to it, it just looked like regular glue.

Except it can't have been "regular" glue because it was waaaaayyyyyy too hard to get off.

• Supporters

Yes.

Considering how utterly sh*t my M16 was, this is actually amazing.

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

It ALMOST matches my L85 on range and the accuracy isn't far off either, which is actually depressing considering the amount of money I've sunk into that.

I think it's shooting at a pretty high velocity though... LWA quote it at 360 fps but I'm guessing it's fitted with an M120, so it's probably more like 380. I've got an M100 lying around so I'll have to take it with me on Sunday when I go skirmishing and if it chronos hot I'll just have to swap the spring out on site. Which I don't fancy doing, so I'm just going to hope it's sub 350fps and amazing lol.

Due to the size the weight is more centralised too, giving it a much better weighty feel than my M16.

Finally got through to purchase a Airsoft Innovations propane adaptor.

Bring on the propane.

• Supporters

A Component-Shop 8.4V 1600mAh mini stick NiMh battery for my AK.

Kanzen 7mm AEG Bearings (Universal / Classic), for my AK also.

• Supporters

20120726_194905.jpg

Replica MICH 2001 in Tan with NVG mount and side rails

Multicam MOLLE Hydration pouch with bladder

5 G36 Pmag's

I've had this for a few weeks now but only got to take it home at the weekend :) WE 1911. I know people say they have problems with them but I've also heard people love them. Managed to put 2 full mags trough it without running out of gas too which is surprising (people say WE is bad on gas consumption). Only thing I have my concerns about is the plastic bit on the mag that holds the BBs in but I have a spare. Next up is my primary (when I buy it).

33856937428601247194672.jpg

33410837428597247092917.jpg

The holster is just a generic dropleg from Viper. Doesnt wobble so much and I have it as high as I can. I use the mag pouch to store my mag in between rounds only. Since it is impossible to reload with it being on my strong side. Seriously I have to reach across or switch hands or something, useless during a firefight.

• Supporters

Package arrived today with FROG pattern temperate MARPAT set (combat shirt and trousers) which is nice.

Not so much a purchase, but also went down to stores where they kindly gave me a nice little stack of MTP stuff for nowt.

• Supporters

For nothing?! Can I have it all?

Pretty please.

A Swiss Arms rifle torch/flashlight, a 7.4 LiPo & LiPo charger and a black Magpul fore-grip (the stubby little one with a hollow bottom)

Can't wait to 'christen' my new L85 on Sunday :lol:

And another X-Five magazine, just so that I can actually reload it if needed.

Ah, RVG, that's the one. Yup, I think it's a great little bit of kit.

I can't lie, I saw your L85 set up and thought the RVG looked great and I might try it out. Went for black as I didn't like the FG version, looked to grey to me.

• Supporters

I'm not a fan of Foliage Green either to be honest, as you say it looks too grey and washed out. Sometimes if you fully deck out a gun with the FG stuff it looks good if the intention is more to create something urban styled or just for use on the range, but it's not very good camo for softing.

Personally I went for it because I'm really not a fan of the grip-pods. For longer range RS shooting then I'm sure it's really useful, but in airsoft there's not really much of a need for a bi-pod on an assault rifle in my experience, and I find the big square portion at the top makes it awfully uncomfortable for a thumb-break grip technique. Not so bad if you go with the old style broom handle and grip it completely vertically, but that's not something I'm a fan of. The RVG is really light, strong, compact, comfortable to use in various configurations, very much un-complicated and cheap considering the quality, so it makes sense to me.

• Supporters

2 x Prometheus & 1 x Systema Gearsets

Burst Wizard Mosfet

Ascu v2 MOSFET from Matlock combat supplies (never heard of them do nervous) shs high torque motor and at some point tonight il end up spunking another £70 odd quid at fire support who I love deeply for some internals for my dmr

EDIT: £70.19 to be exact

• Supporters
Ascu v2 MOSFET from Matlock combat supplies (never heard of them do nervous) shs high torque motor and at some point tonight il end up spunking another £70 odd quid at fire support who I love deeply for some internals for my dmr

EDIT: £70.19 to be exact

The bloke who runs the airsoft shop @Matlock Combat Games, Mitch, sometimes comes to Skirmish Airsoft - he seems like a good bloke.

Thanks mate. Made me feel at ease now. Saw them on LWA but sold out the day before I got paid. So eBay came to the rescue (they have an eBay store)

Picked up my (well it's like officially my dads...I'm only 14) Classic Army MP5K PDW today around 10 o'clock in the mornin.

:)

• Supporters

Just placed an order with PDI:

- PDI Type 96 Fluted outer barrel

- PDI Type 96 AI Flash hider 1

- PDI Type 96 6.05x495mm inner barrel

- PDI Type 96 Hop Chamber

- PDI Type 96 Barrel spacers

Total cost: £308.18.

• Supporters

Looking forward to the photos Liam. I hope you're getting that sexual 338 style muzzle break as well?

I just ordered the Guarder M4 RIS from Fire-Support, it was cheaper than the Ares version and I've heard good things about Guarder, so yah.

Also ordered a 455mm M4 tightbore, it's a Madbull, it's made of aluminium and it's a 6.01mm, so I shall be testing to see if the jamming rumours are true.

My only worry is that it'll be too long.

The outer barrel it's going in is roughly 16.5 inches, which is about 41.5ish cm... I'm hoping that a combination of the hop sitting back in the receiver and the flash hider extending the barrel by a cm or so will help to hide it. Otherwise I'm bollocked.

Got some more Madbull blue rubbers too, can't have too many of those.

From G1098 I ordered another LLM01, for the L119 build and partially as an excuse to get a newer one for my L85 so that the pressure switch will actually work lol.

Also ordered some proper Oakley gloves, in large. So I hope they fit me.

• Supporters

I'll be photographing it as I go. And yep, that's the one I've ordered :).

Need to get myself some OD Krylon, although I may order a new L96 in OD if funds allow.

I'm sure I've seen a 420mm 6.01 barrel somewhere before, other than the PDI one on their website.