The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

A full set of A-TACS FG BDUs may have turned up on my doorstep today :/

• Supporters
its Sunday i shouldn't have to read that much :huh:

Yeah, you have my sympathy :lol:

It turned out that the MK 6 helmet visor I bought is "Anti-Mine" - it says so printed right on the top left hand corner of the thing.

So far I haven't taken a V2 gearbox apart. Do you lot reckon it's more difficult to get back together than a V3?

• Supporters

Very nice Gerber for my Birthday (comes in dead handy for all sorts of stuff in work).

IMG_0436.jpg

And some airsoft stuff for myself. Nothing to do with it being my birthday, actually ordered all of this when I was down in the Falklands.

Ops-Core stuff first to go on my TMC AirFrame, kept the packaging in so it's all labelled up without writing a list:

IMG_0438.jpg

Followed by G-Code.

IMG_0462.jpg

SOC Rig for P226

Extra SOC lower cowling for P226 + TLR-1

2 x H-MAR MOLLE RTI adapters

RTI MOLLE belt mount

One plain RTI wheel without any mounting solution

2 x Aluminium RTI Hangers for SERPAs

Most importantly, lots of sweet free merch'

• Supporters
Also, how easy/hard is the ASCU to install? I plan on buying one this week or next, along with all my M4 parts as I'm getting money back from my laptop.

It's quite easy to actually mount the unit, it's the wires that make it a massive pain in the arse, they have a tendency to move away from the spot where you placed them whilst trying to get the gearbox shell back together.

The wires also break VERY easily, I had to rewire the motor connectors about 7 times trying to get them the right length so I didn't have to bend them to snapping point. So the first time you try, leave yourself enough wire spare for a second try.

Before closing the gearbox up make sure the sensor that monitors the sector gear, and the gear itself are in EXACTLY the place it tells you in the manual, if it's even slightly wrong you'll end up with the gun locking on semi every few shots because the unit will cut the motor power slightly before a full cycle, so eventually you'll get the tappet plate stuck at it's middle point and the gun will jam.

Also, you'll need your selector plate to have a metal strip on it, if it's entirely plastic you'll need to swap it out.

• Supporters

A LCT PK-33 style AK Fire Selector and an AK Steel Ejection Port Cover with Stell Charging Handle. The former should make switching down to semi-auto slightly easier, but it will make flicking back up to full-auto much easier and thus quicker; the latter just looks nasty :D

• Supporters
It's quite easy to actually mount the unit, it's the wires that make it a massive pain in the arse, they have a tendency to move away from the spot where you placed them whilst trying to get the gearbox shell back together.

The wires also break VERY easily, I had to rewire the motor connectors about 7 times trying to get them the right length so I didn't have to bend them to snapping point. So the first time you try, leave yourself enough wire spare for a second try.

Before closing the gearbox up make sure the sensor that monitors the sector gear, and the gear itself are in EXACTLY the place it tells you in the manual, if it's even slightly wrong you'll end up with the gun locking on semi every few shots because the unit will cut the motor power slightly before a full cycle, so eventually you'll get the tappet plate stuck at it's middle point and the gun will jam.

Also, you'll need your selector plate to have a metal strip on it, if it's entirely plastic you'll need to swap it out.

Okay, I hate the wires in V2 gearboxes as they are. I always end up trapping them or something stupid. I can see this going badly..

I'll bear that in mind, not really a fan of having guns lock up on me.

I've got that bit as the stock one snapped, so had to replace it :P.

• Supporters

How on earth did you snap a selector plate...?

Anyway, I just ordered this for my L119A1 build: http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...ct&id=GP286

The barrel is slightly too long... by half an inch... BUT Perr_mike has offered to shorten it for me for only £10 and that includes rethreading it and the return postage.

Absolutely phenomenally awesome guy.

• Supporters

Getting the gearbox in my old M4, brute force and ignorance didn't work for a change, it just scratched it and snapped the selector plate..

Thought you didn't like G&P?

• Supporters

I don't particularly but they have the most aftermarket parts available when it comes to external compatibility.

Plus, it's a project gun, so if it's bad I'll just swap out every inch of the internals.

As it stands the only thing I'm planning on keeping are the stock and stock tube and the internals, maybe the receiver too if it's a blank one.

I'm going to get a custom barrel extension, the C8 receiver (or have the current one engraved) swap the grip, add RIS, swap the front sight post/gas block and stick an ACOG on it.

Also planning on running it at 350 fps with a 6.01mm tightbore - I want to test for myself if the jamming rumours and poor accuracy are true.

• Supporters

Yeah true, that's one reason my M4's going to be 95% G&P.

It shouldn't be bad, I think the M16 you had was an older one as you seemed to have more problems with it than I did with mine. Also, yours had white trades painted whereas mine were engraved.

It's G&P, it won't be a blank receiver! Why not build literally from scratch then, buy gearbox, motor, barrel, hop unit, everything separately?

I doubt they are as true as everyone says, just keep it clean after every game and use high quality BBs.

• Supporters

I'm sure you can still get blank receivers. I definitely can't see any on the photo shown in the link I posted above.

So long as it's not the effing Marine body I'm not too bothered. Apparently the Colt receiver is sometimes used on the L119 so it wouldn't be all that inaccurate if it had that.

But I do have a passionate hatred of the Marine trades.

• Supporters

It's the wrong way round to be able to see the trades, they're on the opposite side..

You're gonna love this then: on G&P's website, the M4 commando (RIS version and normal version) both have Marine trades :P.

Although Wolf Armouries may have removed the trades, I know some US retailers do (fill in engraved ones with wax and burn off others).

If you need RIS, why didn't you get the G&P commando with RIS?

• Supporters
It's the wrong way round to be able to see the trades, they're on the opposite side..

You're gonna love this then: on G&P's website, the M4 commando (RIS version and normal version) both have Marine trades :P.

Although Wolf Armouries may have removed the trades, I know some US retailers do (fill in engraved ones with wax and burn off others).

If you need RIS, why didn't you get the G&P commando with RIS?

I couldn't find it with RIS anywhere and I only have a limited budget.

Also, I swear there are usually trades on both sides.

• Supporters

M4 has the effing marine trades... Grr. Despite the one pictured have no trades... I KNEW M4s had trades on both sides. There should be some visible on the right side under the ejection port/bolt assembly.

I could've chosen the Colt trades for the sake of £5 if I'd ordered from LWA instead of ShitArmouries as well :(

Additionally, it doesn't have a fake bolt, the dust cover is the only thing that hides the cylinder and hop unit from view, which I'm slightly disappointed by.

I can't help but think Wolf used a photo displaying the right hand side of the gun with the dust cover closed as a tactical potential boost for their marketing... Assholes.

• Supporters

Not only that, but the flash hider won't come off!

I need it to come off and it seems to be fixed.

f*cking fuckedy sh*tty sh*t f*ck.

• Supporters

Not only that, but the flash hider won't come off!

I need it to come off and it seems to be fixed.

f*cking fuckedy sh*tty sh*t f*ck.

• Supporters

I've had a screw driver through the flash hider to give me more leverage and it feels like if I push any harder the whole thing will just break to pieces...

Can loctite really work that well?

• Supporters

Got it off now.

It seems it was fastened on with glue made by Satan and then screwed on extra tight by the hulk. Jesus.