The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

love the patches i need to get hold of one of them books for my milsim patches

• Supporters
If that was the L1 that was on sale up here a few weeks ago, I gotta say I'm mighty jealous, I logged into the forum 10 minutes too late! :lol:

Well, I now own half of the rifle to go with the rail system I bought on Monday. By next week, I should hopefully have the full thing ;)

Admittedly, it'll be about a month before I can afford the LiPo, but at least I already have all of the magazines and the optic...

That is indeed the one, mate. Borg Cymru is selling another for the same price. He doesn't mention what, if anything he's letting it go with, but he and I chatted briefly after I bought John B's - he said he has mags... It's the money though, eh? I've gone on serious austerity measures for the last week and they're set to continue for another 2... I had to bust open my emergency cash stash on my keyring to pay for airsoft yesterday, but I just had to take Agnes to Skirmish and test her out.

The verdict - there are some issues, mainly to do with me, but I'm confident they'll be ironed out and OMGonads, the range... the 'kin range!

I'm out of touch, Hubert. I vaguely remember some comments about buying the optics first and then looking for the gun to fit, but I don't remember the details. What are you getting?

• Supporters
love the patches i need to get hold of one of them books for my milsim patches

They're not the cheapest item just for something to hold your patches it has to be said, plus they're a bit on the large side considering they'll easily hold about 300 or more. There are however a few companies now selling big velcro mats with metal eyelets so you can hang them up on your wall//doors/inside a cupboard etc which would do just as good a job for less money.

• Supporters

Ordered a Systema High Torque motor for my L85, since the stock motor somehow killed itself... Anyone have an experience with them? I'm hoping for a better trigger response.

What does it usually take to burn out a motor? 'Cos all I did was fire about 60 rounds of full auto through it without stopping. Is the term "LiPo ready" really aplicable when using 7.4v LiPos? I've been using them for ages mostly on semi-only and they've been fine...

That is indeed the one, mate. Borg Cymru is selling another for the same price. He doesn't mention what, if anything he's letting it go with, but he and I chatted briefly after I bought John B's - he said he has mags... It's the money though, eh? I've gone on serious austerity measures for the last week and they're set to continue for another 2... I had to bust open my emergency cash stash on my keyring to pay for airsoft yesterday, but I just had to take Agnes to Skirmish and test her out.

The verdict - there are some issues, mainly to do with me, but I'm confident they'll be ironed out and OMGonads, the range... the 'kin range!

I'm out of touch, Hubert. I vaguely remember some comments about buying the optics first and then looking for the gun to fit, but I don't remember the details. What are you getting?

Good to hear you think it was worth it and that the issues can be solved. I think I'll pass if I'm honest, mostly because of the new purchase.

And I bit the bullet and have decided to go for the tacticoool L85 route, meaning I'll now have 3/4 of the SA80 family. I'd been saving up for a year to get a new AEG - but I decided that in the long run, since I already have the mags and optics, it'd be cheaper to get the L85, rather than something new (like an L1 or HK 53).

All I have to do is wait for the L85 and parts to arrive.

This is almost exactly what I've been like since Friday...

I may have to sell my LSW at some point in the future though, but it's pretty knackered (but working) and hasn't been gamed with for a year.

• Supporters

Just ordered a new trigger mech and hop unit for my L85.

I think the trigger mech is on it's way out on mine, so I thought I might as well replace it. Either way, it's good to have spares.

The hop unit I have has had ever so slightly tiny modifications made to it so that it would run better with the sniper cut barrel I originally upgraded it with. Since I now have an AEG cut twist barrel it seemed a good idea to get a new, unaltered hop unit. Again, for spares if nothing else.

Plus, with any luck this new hop unit will solve my over hop issues with the twist barrel.

I hope work need me a lot next week...

• Supporters

Didn't the 'take it apart and reassemble it multiple times' method work to sort the over-hop issue?

I also work on the same logic - spend money, then hope work need me for overtime.

• Supporters

It probably will eventually, I think the issue might be something to do with how far back I've seated the hop bucking and barrel inside the hop assembly, the nub might be too far forward and not meeting the bucking in the right place, causing the angle it engages the BB to be one that causes ludicrously immense over-hop.

Right now I've got a regular tight bore sat in it and the madbull bucking and biro ink tube nub and that's working for garden plinking. I think I'll leave it as it is until my new ACOG arrives and then once I've sighted it in and admired how amazing my rifle looks.

That's when I'll have another bash at making the twist barrel, H nub and Madbull bucking combination work.

Tbh, the "hope I get over time" plan often doesn't work. I'm amazed I'm not living on the street yet haha.

Its bad when I just realised from 1st May to 22nd June thats my outgoings was over £500, and thats with no bills at all, no rent etc so basically airsoft etc

• Supporters

Pfft, you n00b Nick, that's nothing. Ahaha.

Pfft, you n00b Nick, that's nothing. Ahaha.

It is when my ingoing is £40 a month :D

• Supporters

Took a trip down to the royal mail depot today (which is unusual because normally parcel farce snaffle anything that comes from the U.S.). Picked up two sets of VZ Grips for 1911s in G10 (Operators II and VZ Recons), a Hardpoint Equipment low-pro belt and a Bitter End stamped steel lower face mask (very impressive bit of safety gear).

Vikings tactical 13 inch battle rail and an element psg1 style grip for my dmr

• Supporters

New M120 for the L85 - still running the stock spring, I think getting a newer one might be a good plan, it's been 7 months since I got the gun and it's seen more use than any other gun I've ever owned. Stock spring is still going strong, just fancied a new one haha.

M130 for the L85, see if it makes a good DMR - couldn't find an M140 =[ 430fps ought to be enough lol

Really ought to have got some .36s to go with the spring... Bollocks.

Viper single point bungie sling - my 3 point is on its way out, a buckle went the other day. I always use it with the clip unfastened, which basically makes it a one point, so I figured I might as well just buy a one point...

Black Begadi gloves - thought they looked cool. Also appear to have leather tips, which means I can cut them off without having to worry about them fraying like a mother bitch... Like my Viper ones. I just hope that my hands are "Medium".

A pistol belt - wanted something that fit the belt loops on my MTP trousers a bit better.

And some mesh goggles for my brother 'cos it's his birthday. Got them in tan to piss him off. Trololololol.

• Supporters
And some mesh goggles for my brother 'cos it's his birthday. Got them in tan to piss him off. Trololololol.

Shame nowhere does 'em in pink!

Me:

OD pistol belt - my old one was always crap but it's also really badly worn on the edges

MRE flameless heater - for NAE12

MK 6 Kevlar helmet + MTP cover - this is a medium size which ought to fit me better than the large one I already have (watch out for a sale)

DPM Woodland Milan Launcher Over Sock Mk.4 - to serve as a rifle bag and then some...

Oh and I'm about to buy a 13" Black Rubber Dil... Ooops, my mind was drifting again! Training Knife

Edit to add: oh aye, and a Soviet Gas Mask Anti Fog Pencil - because I want a S10 to go with my NBC jacket and anti-fog spray doesn't seem to work that well so I thought I'd give this a go for £5.24 inc P&P from Russia lol!

2nd edit: "Sod it!", thought I, and bought a new tent for NAE12 too - £40 reduced from £85 @Millets & it's sage green too - bonus!

• Supporters

Ian, if you're getting rid of your old helmet, bring it to Skirmish on the 29th and if it fits me and suits my gear then I might take it off your hands.

Still up for that holster swap too?

• Supporters

M16 from Ed

1 ticket for ice age 4 at 5:20

1 ticket for Abraham Lincoiln vampire boss at 8:00

just a bit shy of £200 spent in a day!

• Supporters
Ian, if you're getting rid of your old helmet, bring it to Skirmish on the 29th and if it fits me and suits my gear then I might take it off your hands.

Still up for that holster swap too?

Will do. Do you want the MTP cover if it fits on alright? I'm sticking with old skool DPM so I'll probably want to keep the cover I've already got. I can do you a piece of proper skrim net big enough to cover it as well if you like. You'll only need an edge rubber then for it to look like it belongs with your L85...

Yeah to the holster swap still. It is a black leg drop, right?

• Supporters
tell us what lincoln vampire is like

My g/f said it was utter sh!te...

• Supporters

Oh Gayle goes in for violence, war, very strong language throughout, strong bloody violence, sexual content, drug taking... in fact everything you want out of a good film. It's just that we're in media so we expect a good degree of skill to be evident from the screenplay and script writers, director, sound designer, composer, cast, and editor, before we'll pronounce it "good". Apparently Abe would set my teeth on edge, so I haven't bothered.

• Supporters

if your talking from a media standpoint don't doing media for 1 year ruined cheap straight to DVD movie's for me aswell as youtube one's and plenty of hollywood films aswell sadly enough...

• Supporters

Too true, Craig, too true! But on the up side, have you noticed how broad-brush emotional manipulation through sound design and visual syntax doesn't work on you? Adds a whole new area of ironic humour to ads for me!

Edit to add: I forgot to get myself a helmet rubber (Ooh er, missus!). Remedied.