The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I’m so happy you shared that. Raptor tactical are being dicks. 

How so?  They had good stuff on display at SHOT that I have considered, but I don't want to buy things from a company who treats customers like crap.

3 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

How so?  They had good stuff on display at SHOT that I have considered, but I don't want to buy things from a company who treats customers like crap.

Tried to order a belt and it doesn’t let you order. It says they don’t have a carrier to ship to my address. (I don’t think anyone in the UK can order)

messaged them on Facebook and after 2 days they replied with a generic fix that I had already tried before messaging them. Messaged again asking if I could just give them the order on messenger and send to their PayPal. Another 2 days later they said yes. Gave them my order and my address. Message was viewed and not answered. Sent them a message every day for over a week. They’re just viewed and ignored. 

When it’s physically impossible to throw money at a company, then It’s time to shop elsewhere. 

• Moderators
19 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I wanna get in on this "Belt only" set up like all the cool kids have!

Got this coming Tuesday

Don’t panic I’ve got the same (one Tigris) belt as well in black and coyote, for my needs I’m not paying loads for it!!! :P :lol:

As my little foray into magazine holding stocks failed miserably, I changed the problem I was trying to solve - easy access to ammo.
Have just received a nice Condor recon rig, with a VT holster and hydration pack that clips into the chest rig.
The chest rig holds 6 M4 mags and 6 pistol mags, so that should be plenty. And the hydration pack will fit a can of gas, spare BBs, speed-loader etc.

Have had a play with the holster and it'll fit both my 18c and mk23, which is cool. It won't take the mk23 with its suppressor though - however, I'll only be using it outdoors, so can't see that being too much of a problem.

Have also received my angry gun sling plate. However, annoyingly, the castle nut wrench has not arrived, so I can't put it on for tomorrow.
The only sling mount point I have is on the end of the stock, so I'll have to be careful!

*Edit* - and the Condor stuff is all going back. Well made and sturdy, but feels very unbalanced and hurts my back a great deal fully loaded.  Back to the drawing board.

Edited by sonofsammo

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

Few bits of Crye stuff (regular and softshell), Patagonia knee pads and a Geissele rail.

40734283501_fa4fdd8b60_b.jpg

Oh and a patch.

No way did you just order all of that?

I spent 40-50 quid on a new 'casual' set up and thought I was taking the piss having just finished my imitation set up.

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

Few bits of Crye stuff (regular and softshell), Patagonia knee pads and a Geissele rail.

40734283501_fa4fdd8b60_b.jpg

Oh and a patch.

What the f...

Man i wish i had that much money lol

I make do with my £35 worth of Soldier 95 style DPM stuff lol

On 3/7/2018 at 11:49 PM, sonofsammo said:

What do you think of it (I know you haven't had it long!) - I'm guessing you've had a play?
I'm toying with getting one....

Just buy it they are fantastic, super quick release and it can hold all its glory (suppressor and LAM) the one in the previous post though is the newer version, plate at the back is different to the one i have.

Don't know if the plastic they use is better now either? I took a pretty bad fall on mine and its all cracked got electrical tape holding it together now :(

moral of the story is....don't slide on your gear!

20180313_094733.jpg

^^^ that's what I am slightly concerned about with mine... I do tend to sneak around in trenches and lay down on crests to hide from folk. Toying with not using the suppressor during outside games as I'm a bit scared of getting it caught on something and it bending/snapping off :unsure:

2 hours ago, Arwen said:

^^^ that's what I am slightly concerned about with mine... I do tend to sneak around in trenches and lay down on crests to hide from folk. Toying with not using the suppressor during outside games as I'm a bit scared of getting it caught on something and it bending/snapping off :unsure:

Your 23 is good enough to be your primary if your using ninja skill it'd hardly be in you holster :D I keep mine on a thigh molle so yeah kinda have to remember it's their when crouching. Only done woodland site not really had any problems with anything catching. Would possibly be better if it was molded though instead of printed as I think the printed layers seem to be a "structral Weakness" to me. 

On 2/23/2018 at 10:12 PM, DiceyRicey said:

I know this is a very old post, but couldn't help noticing you mentioned a holder for your TRMR primers?

At the moment I'm using a tic tac box, hardly ideal.

have you got a pic please?

cheers in advance 

Nah dude - lost it ages ago - sorry

8 hours ago, Tormen7ed said:

Snip

Don't know if the plastic they use is better now either?

Snip

They switched to PLA i think? Or was it away from PLA lol... Cant remember..

I just know it only comes in black because of the material used now lol.

4 hours ago, Tormen7ed said:

snip

Would possibly be better if it was molded though instead of printed as I think the printed layers seem to be a "structral Weakness" to me. 

3D printing always has weakness in the layers. But too be brutally honest the layers on these holsters is really damn good so the chance of it breaking like that don't seem too high... Well unless you slide on your gear ;) lol

My holster sits just above my waist as its on my sniper rig. So im not likely to go snapping it through sliding and stuff anyway lol, so not too worried about it. But there is a load of flex in that backplate when you pull it, yet its sturdy enough to keep it all upright even when you have a lam, suppressor, and loaded mag in.

Bit the bullet and paid the silly price tag for a real magpul mlok swivel mount to replace my zip tie. Seems extortion for such a small part, but it does work and function very well. 

Now just need to decide on a new qd sling... Decisions decisions! 

IMG_20180313_185022.jpg

IMG_20180313_191752.jpg

• Supporters

They do make an M-LOK piece that's just a metal look so anything can snap on, that's my preferred option I have to say personally.  I appreciate some folks like QDs though.

I am aiming to get rid of the clip on the sling, as I hate the way it rattles against the rail (they are both metal). I was just going to unpick the stitches and sew another qd swivel/clippy thing on, but the new one I bought doesn't fit right... and I've just notice the sling is begin to fray at the other end... so new sling time I think! 

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

I am aiming to get rid of the clip on the sling, as I hate the way it rattles against the rail (they are both metal). I was just going to unpick the stitches and sew another qd swivel/clippy thing on, but the new one I bought doesn't fit right... and I've just notice the sling is begin to fray at the other end... so new sling time I think! 

ive got one of these ms$ clones and they're nice for the price. Holds my gas m40a5 so it can take the weight.

Sold a Crye Ranger Green Combat Shirt and bought what I think is a Crye Sand Field Shirt, which was described as 'Khaki', but looks like Sand to me. 

We shall see. 

Which clone did you get @Wo1f? I got this cheap one of amazon. It came with its own mount (not mlok) , which it fits into fine. But a slight pull and it jumps out of the magpul one.