The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Guest scalawag
3 hours ago, Duff said:

Gerber Tanto

IMG_20180223_160939_204.jpg

I have a Gerber lock knife that I have had for several years now.  Really nice sturdy blade.  I have used it several times to dig arrows out of trees when I used to shoot field archery and it has never missed a beat. I obviously wasn't that good at the field archery or I wouldn't have been digging arrows out of trees lol.

I would definately buy another Gerber blade they are great.

On 20 July 2014 at 10:04 PM, EvilMonkee said:

A little money holder key ring thingy for my TRMR primers. Bob on it is too. Kudos to Mack for that tip. 2x DYTAC M4 Hi Caps (Spit) purely because I sometimes find myself running out of ammo on my ERG particularly when defending a position and figured 1/2 hicap for backup would be nice. Right sided MOE Scout light mount for my SF replica for the Mall in August.

I know this is a very old post, but couldn't help noticing you mentioned a holder for your TRMR primers?

At the moment I'm using a tic tac box, hardly ideal.

have you got a pic please?

cheers in advance 

I also have a penchant for a nice knife, mostly custom made stuff and friction folders, always have a knife and a multi tool in my pocket 

Todays choice at the stables is a Lance Ockenden three finger jobby

Z3bIcWk.jpg

So I bought a few things today, and collected my sniper and mk23 and other things from @Alpha Sniper today.

I can't do photos of everything so here are the 3 main things.

TM VSR10 Laylax internals with Action army hop up,
TM MK23 has the same stuff (LAM has never been used)
And an XCORTECH X3200 MK3 chronograph (this was bought from Defcon Airsoft)

http://prntscr.com/imn4uw

Amongst the bundle I bought off Alpha Sniper, I got 
A Foxeer Legend 2 camera + Zenith mount

Combat Belt and H harness plus pouches
Jack Pyke Ghillie suit
Kryptec Mandrake Leafy
Kryptec Mandrake BDU
4 VSR mags
2 MK23 mags
Got a case for the sniper and a case for the pistol
Oakley gloves
Anti fog spray
Anti fog stuff called "Cat Crap"

Custom MK23 Kydex holster

Sling

Spare Parts, extra bag,

etc. This was a huge bundle of stuff I've probably missed something lol
Thanks again Alpha Sniper!

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

Get me ice cream because I'm jelly.

Tell me about it, he was also selling a CP MC Combat shirt with pads for £70...no idea why, but I wasn't arguing. 

Went for a shoot today at my local.....

Came away a few £ less, but I now have a nice olive LCT G3.

Shot it all day with the single mid cap it came with... Getting 90M range by the end of the day on the range. Once the bucking is broken in I think it will be a monster!

Edit to this, The site has a range all marked up. 10-90, in what they claim is meters. I did the google maps distance measure on that part of the site and they can't have measured right. The range is about 65M in total length, so that 90 mark is there for no good reason, in fact the whole range is inaccurate!

Enjoy your new toys @LightningCh, seems like quite the haul you got there!

39 minutes ago, Iceni said:

…but I now have a nice olive LCT G3.

My partner has one of these. Lovely looking thing, but by gum how heavy is it! :blink:

On 2/24/2018 at 10:51 PM, Arwen said:

but by gum how heavy is it

It's not the weight that got me today, I shot without gloves, and the thing has a few burrs on the steelwork so my hands look like I've just had a fight with a kitten! The bolt release was particularly vicious with a burr on the catch that has taken it's fair share of blood from me today!

I've been sat with a ward file sorting out those edges this evening!

Other than a conversion to deans tomorrow I think it's going to get left totally stock. I'm not even going to bother with a fet till it breaks as it's shooting so well!

28336433_200024050585285_897251871606985

Pictures are done by the Airsoft Press.

https://www.facebook.com/airsoftpress/

17 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Enjoy your new toys @LightningCh, seems like quite the haul you got there!

It really was lol, I have a little 2 door corsa (the sniper in its case takes up 90% of the width of the car, doesn't even fit in the boot lol) and the boot was just crammed full with gear.

• Moderators

i had mine on last night as only gloves to hand....not sure why they were where they were but hay ho........walked daughter to rainbows and my hands were really warm! :lol::lol:

53 minutes ago, djben9 said:

i had mine on last night as only gloves to hand....not sure why they were where they were but hay ho........walked daughter to rainbows and my hands were really warm! :lol::lol:

They are just a do everything, go anywhere glove really. Love ‘em.

Decided to drag everything out and do follow up images of the bundle I bought off Alpha Sniper lol.

Everything here. Listed in post at the top of this page. My poor Corsa was full lol.

20180226_195952.thumb.jpg.f3e0bf5a3cef0f071fc8252cd9eed20f.jpgIMG_20180226_201348_672.thumb.jpg.0d1e0df1250e32fdc629d49fc683f606.jpg

And the guns (again lol)

20180226_193528.thumb.jpg.3d10702fd17310bae8e58ec9f407bc02.jpg

A single reproduction ww2 stitch on para wing and toggle rope. Well it's  a start to my ox and bucks 6th airborne ww2 impression I am building. Only another mortgage worth of kit to buy. But atleast the sten gun is cheap. 

Just purchased some more upgrade parts. 

Barrels galore!

Laylax 6.03 207mm barrel, ICS M4 Stock Adapter, ICS Metal Hop Unit and ICS Retractable Stock (For ICS CXP-15)

Laylax 6.03 363mm barrel and AirsoftPro metal air nozzle (For SRC XM-8)

Laylax 6.03 469mm barrel and Prometheus Air Nozzle (For TM FAMAS)

Laylax 6.03 74mm Nineball barrel (For TM Strike Warrior)

Still need to buy another couple of barrels, (For the Tavor and the SL8), but just haven't got the cash! 

Been after a chronograph for quite some time.  Decided to buy an Acetech AC6000 one.  It allows you to programme in different BB weights etc..and measure joules as well.  It's a very nice piece of kit, also quite a bit larger than normal chronographs. (Nuprol etc..)

Time to sling some plastic and see whats what.. :)

20180228_103959.jpg

17 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I believe one has been able to do weights (and muzzle energy) with the Xcortech ones since the early 2000s :) Still looks like a great bit of kit if it's anything like the build quality of their tracer units.

Thanks...I bought an Acetech Predator tracer/suppressor unit a while ago and used it @ The Outpost the other week.  The Quick detach function is very handy as my ICS was too hot to play, so just plonked it onto my Nuprol and commenced with the light show in pitch black tunnels. :)