The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

34 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

And here is the aforementioned KWA MK23 with modified TM LAM unit :)

Feeling like Snake already... Do I buy a standard MK23 suppressor and go for the classic look or an Osprey suppressor, which looks super badass? :D

Side note: This guy is absolutely huge!

uVOqcIQ.jpg

I have two a TM and an ASG , they ARE bloody huge!! I do like the Osprey suppressor, will pick up one at some point for my TM but for now both have their standard supplied supressors

5 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I have two a TM and an ASG , they ARE bloody huge!! I do like the Osprey suppressor, will pick up one at some point for my TM but for now both have their standard supplied supressors

I think I'll get an Osprey :) Can't find a MK23 suppressor anyway so I suppose that's that! Gives it a more modern look anyway :D Which holster do you use? Was thinking of the DTD one

Not strictly airsoft related, but I just ordered a few titanium camping cooking utensils, I'll be using them not only for camping but also for long airsoft tourneys (cuz f*ck eating energy bars for 2 days)..

Namely a long titanium spoon, a set of silverware (fork + spoon) and a 200ml flask for my favorite liquors..

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Not strictly airsoft related, but I just ordered a few titanium camping cooking utensils, I'll be using them not only for camping but also for long airsoft tourneys (cuz f*ck eating energy bars for 2 days)..

Namely a long titanium spoon, a set of silverware (fork + spoon) and a 200ml flask for my favorite liquors..

..... actually, I was once at a training day & photographing prior to heading off camping 

I got a little peckish, went round to the shop but  there was only chocolates and I was too early for lunch 

Quick brainwave, out with the stove and jet boil and within minutes I was dining 

Sometimes on long tourneys we may have to defend an objective for a long time, that's the perfect time to have something warm to eat after a whole day out in the cold/rain..

Also I love camping and hiking (I'm a scout chief) so that's another money pit (knives, clothes, tarps, hammocks and such)..

No wonder I'm always broke :(

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Sometimes on long tourneys we may have to defend an objective for a long time, that's the perfect time to have something warm to eat after a whole day out in the cold/rain..

Also I love camping and hiking (I'm a scout chief) so that's another money pit (knives, clothes, tarps, hammocks and such)..

No wonder I'm always broke :(

I am fond of a bit of camping, you can’t beat sitting in a field with good company 

I’ve more of a Boys Brigade background than scouts, but did help out at Cubs weekends a couple of times 

I’m a bad influence, telling Cubs that ‘being prepared’ means not needing to rub sticks nor having perfectly aligned pegs etc.  But I had a good bunch of lads and they were able to come up with all the ‘official ways’ they were meant to do things, while I was able to give them the wisdom of acquiring the official skills but recognise that expending the energy isn’t always the right thing.

You can’t count on finding the right two complimentary types of wood, kindling and good fire wood...... and to do so whilst expending more energy than you get back from the food you eventually cook!

51 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I am fond of a bit of camping, you can’t beat sitting in a field with good company 

I’ve more of a Boys Brigade background than scouts, but did help out at Cubs weekends a couple of times 

I’m a bad influence, telling Cubs that ‘being prepared’ means not needing to rub sticks nor having perfectly aligned pegs etc.  But I had a good bunch of lads and they were able to come up with all the ‘official ways’ they were meant to do things, while I was able to give them the wisdom of acquiring the official skills but recognise that expending the energy isn’t always the right thing.

You can’t count on finding the right two complimentary types of wood, kindling and good fire wood...... and to do so whilst expending more energy than you get back from the food you eventually cook!

Camping out is great. I spent Sunday afternoon with a Forest Ranger teaching me to forage for food off the forest, build shelters and fires. I've done a few of these lessons over the years + books. I like to learn varied techniques from different peoples knowledge.

It's easy to walk past a lot of natural things without knowing how useful they are, be it for food, fire, shelter or for medicinal applications. It's interesting that you really don't need a lot with you if you can ID certain trees/plants/fungi and they're uses.

My favorite fire lighting kit is either a steel flint striker or a fire piston. Bit quicker than rubbing sticks but still old school. :)

9 hours ago, Immortal said:

Camping out is great. I spent Sunday afternoon with a Forest Ranger teaching me to forage for food off the forest, build shelters and fires. I've done a few of these lessons over the years + books. I like to learn varied techniques from different peoples knowledge.

It's easy to walk past a lot of natural things without knowing how useful they are, be it for food, fire, shelter or for medicinal applications. It's interesting that you really don't need a lot with you if you can ID certain trees/plants/fungi and they're uses.

My favorite fire lighting kit is either a steel flint striker or a fire piston. Bit quicker than rubbing sticks but still old school. :)

Nowadays I even light my cigarettes with a ferro rod xD and I have my trusty bushcraft knife and rod with me when I play airsoft, you never know.

Back to airsoft, I'm gonna order 2 keymod handguards for my amoebas.. I found out the rails they come with are way too heavy (literally you can wedge them into a tree and use them as pegs)

Bought a keymod 12" rail for my am 009, a g&g green bucking for my honey badger, 2 7.4v lipos for the badger (small brick ones, everything else doesn't fit in the stock) and a triple open top m4 pouch for my jpc.

I'll collect the rail next week.

On 06/01/2018 at 2:56 PM, LightningCh said:

So I went to Def on airsoft to browse and buy a pistol.

What i ended up walking away with was

A TM Hi Capa 5.1 Gold Match

A G&G CM16 Wild Hog 7" (Needed a backup rifle anyway)

And a holster and molle adapter for the TM.

And a free patch lol.

20180106_145221.jpg

I'm thinking to buy a 9" model myself; so just a couple of easy questions: do you like it? what kind of mags are you using (just to know if they fit well or not)?

That's gonna be my first gun and I wanna make sure I will know what I have to do lol

2 hours ago, Black_Ice931 said:

I'm thinking to buy a 9" model myself; so just a couple of easy questions: do you like it? what kind of mags are you using (just to know if they fit well or not)?

That's gonna be my first gun and I wanna make sure I will know what I have to do lol

Unfortunately mate, I am yet to skirmish it lol, still need the right LiPo batteries! (Defcon staff recommend the 11.1V in it, although i will be confirming this with other airsofters first)

Its gonna see its first use on 3rd February in my CQB game. So after that will be the time to ask if you can wait lol.

But other than that, I'll be using the G&G Hi Cap, that comes standard. And PTS EPM mags (150rd midcaps). Tried them all in the magwell and there's very little wobble so they should feed pretty well once loaded. Other than that im not much help, sorry mate.

13 hours ago, LightningCh said:

Unfortunately mate, I am yet to skirmish it lol, still need the right LiPo batteries! (Defcon staff recommend the 11.1V in it, although i will be confirming this with other airsofters first)

Its gonna see its first use on 3rd February in my CQB game. So after that will be the time to ask if you can wait lol.

But other than that, I'll be using the G&G Hi Cap, that comes standard. And PTS EPM mags (150rd midcaps). Tried them all in the magwell and there's very little wobble so they should feed pretty well once loaded. Other than that im not much help, sorry mate.

Well..I'll wait the first week of Feb to buy it, so it's ok. I will come back to bother you ahah

• Supporters

-Black bungee cord for the custom wooden gun rack in my airsoft locker (holds the handguards in place)

-Black rubber matting to pad out the drawers in the new desk/drawers I put together over christmas (only ikea nothing fancy)

-MDF planks and plywood boards to outfit the inside of the new wardrobe I put together for maximal/optimum storage of too much camo

-50 custom PVC patches to give out a SHOT Show

25778305258_cac4cb9e63_b.jpg