The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Theatrical membership.

I started off buying RIFs in the form of PFC and Modelguns for stage work, this just fed my love of guns, which then led me to Airsoft.

Many places within the UK accept my membership as a valid VCRA defence (which it is), but some just have a box for a UKARA number and that's it.

I often have to email separately in order to get stuff.

• Supporters

In my experience, customs only just barely understand UKARA as a defence, anything else (though legally correct) you'll be e-mailing them back and forth/calling up a couple of times to get the import sorted.

Bought a really nice condition used GHK G5 and then some parts for it.

GHK pmag magazine tan.
GHK g5 stock tube.
Hephaestus steel charging handle.
IPG Pistol Grip for GBB M4.
CTR Stock.
Set of RIS rail covers.
Strike Angled Forward Grip.

image.jpg

g52.jpg

image.jpg

It will be replacing my carbine kit :D

g51.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

You can all take a deep breath now.. the purchase of the year arrived yesterday

My Keymod sling mount B)

2k8w4wJ.jpg

But it's too fat for my sling! Booo-urns! :(

It's only an angels pube too fat, I reckon a minute with a metal file on the sling will shave just a fraction of a mm off to get it in there.

Bloody love this sling, don't want to replace it.

p35Q0dL.jpg

@L3wisD Had a similar issue with an old sling of mine. Managed to wiggle and twist it enough to click on, not realising it would then never come off :lol:

Hacksaw done the trick, but then the sling was knackered :( 

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:25 AM, L3wisD said:

You can all take a deep breath now.. the purchase of the year arrived yesterday

My Keymod sling mount B)

But it's too fat for my sling! Booo-urns! :(

It's only an angels pube too fat, I reckon a minute with a metal file on the sling will shave just a fraction of a mm off to get it in there.

Bloody love this sling, don't want to replace it.

p35Q0dL.jpg

If ot where me, I’d gently file down the mount, not the sling. Evenly, then repaint.

I have been buying quite a bit of kit today! I recently sold everything airsoft related but just could not keep away.

So far I've bought:

- Warrior DCS-R (quick release version)

- x3 Warrior HK417 pouches

- Warrior Gen 2 hydration carrier

- Warrior cap

- Warrior PLB belt

- x2 Warrior double pistol mag pouches

- Warrior pistol holster

- Warrior drop leg platform

- Warrior I.D pouch

(All coyote tan)

And ordered straight from the Motherland:

- "Kapkan" Sniper hood

- Balaclava

(Both multicam)

And from everywhere else:

- Umarex/VFC G28 GBBR (Deluxe edition) (RIP money)

- Aim 3.5-10x50 scope w/ sunshade

- Aim T1

- Magpul MOE RVG

- Magpul MS1 sling w/ paraclip

I shall now go and tell the other half that I love her before she finds out :lol:

5 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

I have been buying quite a bit of kit today! I recently sold everything airsoft related but just could not keep away.

So far I've bought:

- Warrior DCS-R (quick release version)

- x3 Warrior HK417 pouches

- Warrior Gen 2 hydration carrier

- Warrior cap

- Warrior PLB belt

- x2 Warrior double pistol mag pouches

- Warrior pistol holster

- Warrior drop leg platform

- Warrior I.D pouch

(All coyote tan)

And ordered straight from the Motherland:

- "Kapkan" Sniper hood

- Balaclava

(Both multicam)

And from everywhere else:

- Umarex/VFC G28 GBBR (Deluxe edition) (RIP money)

- Aim 3.5-10x50 scope w/ sunshade

- Aim T1

- Magpul MOE RVG

- Magpul MS1 sling w/ paraclip

I shall now go and tell the other half that I love her before she finds out :lol:

Very cool.

Went a bit mad during a Black Friday sale and got some stuff I have been looking at for a while.

5.11 Tactical Flash Bang Pouch - Tac OD

5.11 Tactical Bungee Radio Pouch - Sandstone

5.11 Tactical Flash Bang Pouch - Sandstone

5.11 Tactical TacTec Plate Carrier Vest - Sandstone

5.11 Tactical Double Pistol Bungee-Cover Pouch - Sandstone

5.11 Tactical Single AR Mag Bungee-Cover Mag Pouch - Sandstone

5.11 Tactical Double AR Mag Bungee-Cover Mag Pouch - Sandstone

5.11 Tactical TDU Pant Ripstop Pant - Crye MultiCam    Large

5.11 Tactical Rush 72 Backpack - Sandstone

5.11 Tactical Rapid Assault Long Sleeve Shirt - TDU Green

5.11 Tactical Flag Bearer Multicam Cap - Multicam

Got it as an alternative to my multicam Warrior CPC set up. Easy to carry a load. Loving the Sandstone colour. Greener than Coyote Brown and fits in with so many other colour schemes. Started using 5.11 stuff at work awhile back and although initially sceptical about all the hype I have been impressed. And if it's good enough for me in the real world I know it'll last forever in Airsoft.

I'll do a review after some use.

CBH

I slightly regret going full multicam but after seeing a bunch of people on YouTube with full multicam I thought it looked nice, in person it’s not as good imo but i’ll probably mix it up with some tan in the future, anyway this is what I ordered.

• 8Fields AAV FSBE Plate Carrier - Multicam
  • Viper fleece hoodie - Multicam
  • 8Fields Hydration pack w/ Bladder - Multicam 
  • Viper snood - Multicam
  • Viper special ops boots - Multicam 
  • Viper special forces gloves - Multicam
  • Viper elite trousers - Multicam 
  •  Viper T-Shirt - Multicam 
  • Viper elite jacket - Multicam 
  • Viper 35L garrison backpack - Multicam 
  • 8Fields double rifle gun case - Tan
  • Cyma CM.515 M4A1 Carbine - Black & Blue (Stripped the paint to make it black)
  • ASG 0.20g Blaster 6mm BB x 3000
  • NUPROL Fast helmet - Multicam 
  • NUPROL lower face mesh mask - Multicam (I actually ordered tan but they sent the wrong one lol)
  • Bolle cobra platinum clear goggles
  • NUPROL PMC Battle belt - Multicam 
  • 8Fields Dump pouch - Multicam 
  • EMERSONGEAR Fast helmet cover - Multicam 
  • Shotgun cartridge knife - Green (For opening boxes and because it looks cool) 

Total: £540.16 (Was just looking for cheap but decent gear on a budget, planning on upgrading a lot in the future once i’ve saved up, this was just to get me started)

Hopefully i’ll be getting myself a CM16 Raider before Christmas

Also as I said there’s way too much Multicam, It doesn’t look that bad but I just wish I got some tan, funnily enough the only tan item I got was a gun case lol

• Moderators

Forgive if I’m wrong but did you buy a two tone as no UKARA defence yet and remove the paint thus creating a RIF??

been in the cold all day so may have misunderstood you along the lines :)

2 hours ago, djben9 said:

Forgive if I’m wrong but did you buy a two tone as no UKARA defence yet and remove the paint thus creating a RIF??

Correct, would’ve been easier to just get my UKARA and then buy it in Tan or Black but the CM.515 will be my backup because when I get my UKARA i’m getting a G&G CM16 Raider and also just wanted a gun in the meantime to just mess about with friends doing some backyard airsoft :) 

2 hours ago, Reevy said:

Also as I said there’s way too much Multicam, It doesn’t look that bad but I just wish I got some tan, funnily enough the only tan item I got was a gun case lol

If you do get some tan stuff, I'd suggest that it be things like the plate carrier/vest, pouches, kneepads (if any), etc... Maybe even your t-shirt/jacket if you wanted even less but I think multicam looks great with tan.

• Supporters

Gloves! Something I always seem to overlook this time of year. Picked up some Oakley SI Assault Gloves on eBay used for just over £20.

A bargain considering they've never been worn. 

1 hour ago, Reevy said:

Correct, would’ve been easier to just get my UKARA and then buy it in Tan or Black but the CM.515 will be my backup because when I get my UKARA i’m getting a G&G CM16 Raider and also just wanted a gun in the meantime to just mess about with friends doing some backyard airsoft :) 

Tsk tsk, go directly to jail, do not pass Go, do not collect £200 :D

1 hour ago, BigBlackGlock said:

If you do get some tan stuff, I'd suggest that it be things like the plate carrier/vest, pouches, kneepads (if any), etc... Maybe even your t-shirt/jacket if you wanted even less but I think multicam looks great with tan.

Thanks for the suggestion, i’ll definitely keep that in mind when I get new gear in the near future :) 

Seeing as things didnt work out with the classic army m203 which was broken...supplier offered me a S&TM320A1 launcher at cost price as a replacement for only a few extra £££.

Its heavy...but am loving it so far, cant wait to try it out on a game day.

20171130_162712.jpg

6 hours ago, djben9 said:

Also decided I won’t be doing backyard airsoft with it because it is now a RIF and in case the neighbours see it lol

I heard that the UKARA is just so you can buy a non two tone gun from a retailer, not to own it.

This is a quote from another member that seems to know what he’s talking about 

“Do you Skirmish on a regular basis at a proper site and can you prove it?

if you do then put any tape you want on it and spray it any colour you like. You have a defence You don't need a 'UKARA' to do this, it is only a way of showing a retailer you have a defence for buying a gun.”

Another person selling their gun second hand told me I could buy their RIF without having a UKARA because he knows I’m a legit skirmisher 

I’ve been told a variety of things from different people that skirmish regularly but technically I would’ve broken the law for making my IF a RIF, as long as I don’t take it out in public and just take it to a proper airsoft site I should be fine.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Reevy said:

Also decided I won’t be doing backyard airsoft with it because it is now a RIF and in case the neighbours see it lol

Letting your neighbours know about the sport wouldn't be a bad idea if you're worried about them calling the police. 

I'm not going to condone what you did but as long as you're not being stupid with it I really can't see anybody making a huge fuss.

30 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Letting your neighbours know about the sport wouldn't be a bad idea if you're worried about them calling the police. 

I'm not going to condone what you did but as long as you're not being stupid with it I really can't see anybody making a huge fuss.

Yeah, I just got some misinformation but i’ve got common sense so I should be alright with it :) 

• Supporters

VCRA defence, UKARA is a retailers' association with a database.  It's been over a decade since this law was past, anyone who still doesn't doesn't get it needs to go and do some reading.  Don't ask other people who don't know what they're talking about, go find some proper articles and look up the actual act on the government website; it's right there, easy to find and not that complicated to understand the basics.

If you don't have a defence from prosecution under the VCRA laws, don't manufacture, import or attempt to purchase a RIF.  Being on UKARA's database is not the only defence.

I'm not going to start talking about the false economy of 8fields, nuprol and viper vs surplus issue kit or hunting down quality stuff for the same price 2nd hand, because that's a lesson most people have to learn for themselves.