The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Well.. I missed a lot with 1 day away from the foruns.

I am looking for a different lens protector for the T1 and was looking down the killflash route. However, I needed a protector like this regardless for my Elcan LDS replica which really doesn't seem to have another solution and already has a tiny chip in it from where it was hit.

I will likely be purchasing a kill flash or what JCheeseright linked in the near future. 

Though I am also looking at getting a magnifier, which I'm stumped on how to protect when it's not sat behind the T1...

On another note. My 4 mags and bugger tube arrived today.

EPGC and Rail covers are on there way.

Just struggling to find a PTS MOE CTR stock in tan anywhere. That being said I haven't looked outside of my 4/5 usual retailers.

1 minute ago, Jayjay said:

Though I am also looking at getting a magnifier, which I'm stumped on how to protect when it's not sat behind the T1...

Generally they come with flip up covers which you can put down when you flip it to the side. Generally I've found them to be pretty useless. They aren't solid enough to be accurate and are too dark to see targets properly

Just now, PopRocket123 said:

Generally they come with flip up covers which you can put down when you flip it to the side. Generally I've found them to be pretty useless. They aren't solid enough to be accurate and are too dark to see targets properly

Interestingly not the first person I've heard say that they're not the best. See where the wind takes me I guess.

Got myself organised!

PBK4T7O.jpg

No more take away containers for me! Oh no.... Little drawers are the future.

17 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Does the fine print of that warranty specifically state that the company will cover damage in use (from an external source vs a failure in materials or workmanship)?  Because that would be a very rare thing it has to be said; generally warranties explicitly say they don't cover that kind of thing.

I'm not 100% but the optics we have had that have been shot out they have replaced with no bother at all.

"Our VIP warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.

• Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
  • Fully transferable
  • No warranty card to fill out
  • No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.

Note
The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product."

Edit: quote from the website

• Supporters

That's good of them for sure, but I still wouldn't risk it myself I have to say.  Only takes one tiny policy wording change and you're up the creek next time you have a lens shot (and the bigger and more successful brands get the less they tend to give a s**t about the end user).  Costs bugger all to get protectors for these things, might as well save the down time having to post it back to my mind, but each to their own.

11 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

That's good of them for sure, but I still wouldn't risk it myself I have to say.  Only takes one tiny policy wording change and you're up the creek next time you have a lens shot (and the bigger and more successful brands get the less they tend to give a s**t about the end user).  Costs bugger all to get protectors for these things, might as well save the down time having to post it back to my mind, but each to their own.

I still have a sacrificial lens on mine for that very reason (although admittedly I do forget to put it on, on occasion)

So not much for me recently

Magpul MS3 Sling in Ranger Green

Magpul MOE forgrip (I like that Magpul include a little section of rail so the grip can be utilized on other rail platforms other than picatinny)

I'm not much for doing reviews but the UF Pro strikers I bought a week or so back are easily the most comfy pair of combat trousers I have ever owned! 

Tokyo Marui HK45 Tactical, IMI Retention holster, Nuprol Fast Mag loader (No more cramp in index finger loading 10xmags over and over), Classic Army M203 to fit onto my new(ish) Nuprol Delta Sopmod. (M203 comes Monday) and from America a Wide-I magnetic anti-fog wiper.

**Found that my IMI retention holster was too tight for my TM HK45, so after a little googling...boiled the holster in a pan for a min or two, as the polymer started to soften, squeezed the gun in and now fits perfectly and fully locks.  :D

20171106_104235.jpg

20171108_143718.jpg

20171109_152913.jpg

20171110_105301.jpg

20171110_110235.jpg

Swapped a butt tube for a stupidly powerful laser that will now be pressed into service popping balloons, also bought a new TM Hi-Capa to replace the one I gave my dad.

All I have to do now is learn how to shoot straight to beat him at practical pistol :D:D 

On 08/11/2017 at 10:37 PM, PopRocket123 said:

KWC Cybergun 1911 Rail Gun, 2 spare mags and 25 CO2 capsules because they were 40p a pop

Pics... or it didn't happen. ;)

• Moderators

Second LEDlenser7.2 with pressure pad and gun mount.... runs on AAA so easy to replace instead of stock up on the CR123 batteries which aren’t cheap....and bright enough for my use.... will still use my other ones though....every AEG needs a light :lol::lol:

Few 30mm mounts from Ant Supplies for it to fit to rails in offset and low style .... yeah the lenser is a chunky mofo :lol:

molle clip to clip gun to other side of rig when using pistol...

really trying not to spend so my excuse is torch has many needs when not on gun!!....keeps wife happy :lol:

Is that nuprol speedloader thingy decent?

I don't really want to drop 60+shipping on the gucci one

Speedloader seems to work ok, very plasticky....I have nuprol midcap polymer mags and they lock in fine,, takes about 10 cranks to fill up the 120rnd mag and the loader holds 1000 bbs..  Though when you take the mag out, with gentle shaking bbs will drop out of the speedloader.  So its best to turn it upside down after each mag fill.  Still good though....for £24.  Not sure on how durable it will be in the long run though, but its better than loading by hand all day. 

On 12/11/2017 at 1:10 AM, Monkman said:

Speedloader seems to work ok, very plasticky....I have nuprol midcap polymer mags and they lock in fine,, takes about 10 cranks to fill up the 140rnd mag and the loader holds 1000 bbs..  Though when you take the mag out, with gentle shaking bbs will drop out of the speedloader.  So its best to turn it upside down after each mag fill.  Still good though....for £24.  Not sure on how durable it will be in the long run though, but its better than loading by hand all day. 

What make of rail have you got on your m4 as I've been looking for 1 that will allow me to mount my barrel mount m203 

On 11/11/2017 at 4:04 PM, Skara said:

Is that nuprol speedloader thingy decent?

I don't really want to drop 60+shipping on the gucci one

Almost identical to the odin - I have both. I'd recommend the nuprol over the odin for value for money. My odin ate the blades of the wheel on it's first outing and odin sent me replacement parts. It was shipped with a clutch that was too tight.

In fact I'd even try this for the money!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WoSport-1000rd-M4-BB-Speed-Loader-Airsoft-Quick-Hunting-Magazine-Paintball-Brown/272878869331?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49129%26meid%3Dee44f3bf4be44bbdad73f1eea1039cff%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D112392504326&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, warlord said:

Almost identical to the odin - I have both. I'd recommend the nuprol over the odin for value for money. My odin ate the blades of the wheel on it's first outing and odin sent me replacement parts. It was shipped with a clutch that was too tight.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WoSport-1000rd-M4-BB-Speed-Loader-Airsoft-Quick-Hunting-Magazine-Paintball-Brown/272878869331?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49129%26meid%3Dee44f3bf4be44bbdad73f1eea1039cff%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D112392504326&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Absolutely 100% guarantee that is identical to the Nuprol one, they don't manufacture ANYTHING. 

1 hour ago, warlord said:

I'll order the nuprol tomorrow then :)

Because loading midcaps is part of the reason why I rarely play with them..

Delivered

4x GHK GMAGs

PTS EPG-C (need a longer screw to fit)

PTS Ergo Rail Covers

GHK Buffer Tube

GHK 12" Carbine Conversion Kit

Adjustable Nozzle

PTS Griffin M4SD Linear Flash Hider

PTS Griffin M4SDII Suppressor

Still to come...

2-4x GHK GMAGs

Kill Flash for T1

I've put the stock on hold for now. MOE stocks seem to be discontinued. PTS EPS stock seems to fat and would look/feel horrendous given how slim this is. I was considering the PTS Ergo F93 Stock, but its a bit on the expensive side.

May get a torch or laser module to go on as well, we'll see.

38427072941_3722d1f36c_b.jpg

38427083821_27ca10161d_b.jpg

Real Sword SVD with POSP scope and bipod. Can't wait to try it out at the next outdoor game!