The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Moderators

ESS Turbo fans and Cortex clip....wife will probably kill me but your only young once!! haha

Guest Airsoft J2

I'm just getting back into airsoft after around 6-7 years out - Town Assault in 2008 was my last big game and I was last seen at Longmoor in 2009...

Anyway, having excavated old kit and abandoned most of it, this week has seen orders for:

-Ops Core bump helmet

-WE P228 GBB and spare mag

-Full upgrade on my M16, internals and externals (thanks to Dave's custom airsoft), it's arriving in the next couple of days

-7.4v LiPo batteries and charger

After my last second hand purchase I wasn't expecting too much...

tmp_13455-20170425_111813-188598975.thumb.jpg.49d3668a24194b3ae287bbd0302d5d7b.jpgtmp_13455-20170425_111833981112471.thumb.jpg.d431674d447becf9170b06e71abe8d8d.jpgtmp_13455-20170425_1118501563173966.thumb.jpg.b4b78a08d9ead25bfa47600408a2dae2.jpg

There's a couple of little bits missing, but that's an excuse to buy shiny cnc doodads. It even runs and shoots OK. The gearbox doesn't show any wear, and there's never going to be a problem fitting batteries in that stock! Quite pleased for £120 including postage.

• Supporters

like the fire select: QUIET - SOLO - GO LOUD

(are you putting one of the noisy bastid amplifiers on there then ?)

large fixed stock - any battery will fit & a mars bar too most likely

(ideal for any DMR you might make, might be a tad big for general pew pew)

looks alright - if you need a receiver pin:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-AEG-Standard-Body-Pin-Pack-of-10-M-AR-Series-Black-Fast-UK-/161711167979?hash=item25a6bc99eb:g:mS8AAOSwpdpVXM~u

what is the barrel - 340mm ish ???

The stock is actually shorter than a collapsible stock fully extended, does look enormous in that pic though. And you had to go and say it, didn't you! I'd talked myself out of doing a DMR, about four times. There's not much point to them, they don't serve any real use on an Airsoft field... But that would look really good set up as a DMR... Bugger!

The idea was to have a bit of a change around. Put the nice internals off my current primary in that receiver and rail with the Battlelink stock, then other bits would filter down until there was a little pile that would become a 35 rps M4 based SAW. Hmm, rethink perhaps.

For some reason a Krytac MK2 CRB arrived at my house last week

As i told Mrs Newsh, i must have accidentally fell and landed on the 'Add to cart' button

Oh well :D

Saw a Genuine ACOG plus mount on eBay last weekend.

Snapped it up.

Yes, it is genuine: Bible markings, serial numbers, raised text, cross-hairs glow in the dark - no battery or fibre btw - just Titrium.

Mount is a slightly scuffed but sturdy QD  type made by LaRue. On Amazon for $104.

The cost to me?!

A laughable £154 posted. 

For. Real.

I wasn't going to buy anything much at the Combat South Boot sale this morning, but I've been looking for an AK chassis for a project, and lurking behind one of the tables was the most horrible looking  SRC RPK... it was covered in camo tape, had been beat up...

tmp_24551-20170429_164938-1155851826.thumb.jpg.5839eab8d52aebfa4c2e41aa56f66ef0.jpg

This picture flatters it. 30 quid. And after poking it with a stick of actually works!

Edited by Hangtight
Surprise that it actually functions...

Guest PT247
Magpul MS3 Gen 2 Single QD Multi-Mission sling in dark earth. Am rediscovering the fun an AEG can offer.

• Moderators

couple pairs combats @ mil 1st....%15 off so 'every little helps'

Windfire Wf-501B Torch with Picatinny offset rail mount and pressure switch.

Just a pretty cheap torch, no zoom, no intensity settings, just on/off, but bright and effective. Not owning my own RIF yet this made life so much better at the weekend. I just taped the pressure switch to the loan gun with self adhesive camo tape. Made sneaking around in the dark so much easier than a hand held click on/off torch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MXYEIL6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I even tore it down, reviewed it and added pics.

• 3 weeks later...

AK2M4 finally got their SHS stock back in so I went on a shopping spree. 

SHS Alumium Cylinder Head

SHS 6 Vent Aluminium Piston Head

SHS Shims

SHS 13:1 High Speed Gears

SHS 15 Tooth Piston

Magpul Pistol Grip

SHS Sector Delay Chip

SHS Aluminium Nozzle

ZCI 300mm Stainless Steel Inner Barrel

SHS Prowin Style Hop-Up Chamber

ASG Infinity CNC Motor U-30000

Went to local shop last weekend, came home with this MP5. Wanted this specific MP5 for a while now, so had to grab it as it came in.

Probably will come home with an AG36 attached to my G36 this Saturday :D

MP5.jpg

On 5/17/2017 at 9:15 PM, PopRocket123 said:

AK2M4 finally got their SHS stock back in so I went on a shopping spree. 

SHS Alumium Cylinder Head

SHS 6 Vent Aluminium Piston Head

SHS Shims

SHS 13:1 High Speed Gears

SHS 15 Tooth Piston

Magpul Pistol Grip

SHS Sector Delay Chip

SHS Aluminium Nozzle

ZCI 300mm Stainless Steel Inner Barrel

SHS Prowin Style Hop-Up Chamber

ASG Infinity CNC Motor U-30000

Look what just arrived

18641407_1310896519026667_1108087177_o.jpg

5 hours ago, sp00n said:

Just collected a new baofang UV-5R

and I have finally figured out how to program pmr frequencies and the correct sub channels :lol::lol::lol:

If you're doing it by hand, it's a pain to do. Best is to get the free open source software Chirp ( http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home ), and an appropriate baofeng programming cable (like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAOFENG-UV-5R-BF-888S-Radio-USB-Programming-Cable-FREE-Program-Software-CD-/221798554834?hash=item33a4395cd2:g:PJwAAOSwFMZWrwUV )

Ignore the CD it comes with. Also read the chirp site about programming (especially Baofengs and cheap cables with Windows OS).

What I've bought today, as indicated in my previous post :D

AG36.jpg