The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Magpul PTS Masada AKM in Black (found a retailer that still had one :o )  

4x Magpul PTS AKM Mags

Bingo Airsoft Works Odin Sidewinder M12 adapter for Magpul PTS AKM mags

BTC Chimera for Magpul PTS Masada

Lonex Titan A2 Motor

Nuprol Deluxe dual gun soft case (killed another softbag the other day)

58 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

Magpul PTS Masada AKM in Black (found a retailer that still had one :o )  

4x Magpul PTS AKM Mags

Bingo Airsoft Works Odin Sidewinder M12 adapter for Magpul PTS AKM mags

BTC Chimera for Magpul PTS Masada

Lonex Titan A2 Motor

Nuprol Deluxe dual gun soft case (killed another softbag the other day)

Is there any benefit of the chimera over the Spectre. Further more the BTC parts over the Gate Titan. Interested to know

That gun case is actually supposed to be fairly decent even if it is made by a fairly crappish company so you got a good find there

1 minute ago, Katana said:

Is there any benefit of the chimera over the Spectre. Further more the BTC parts over the Gate Titan. Interested to know

That gun case is actually supposed to be fairly decent even if it is made by a fairly crappish company so you got a good find there

Masada uses a proprietary trigger mech which means my only OOTB (ie no modification required) option is the Chimera at the moment. Having used the Gate in another gun, it's got too much going on to be reliable, the first one I used failed after a single day of use.

As for the case, i normally use Peli cases, but with my new car, they aren't practical as the boot is rather small, and my last softbag was a £10 one from Taiwangun, so i was more amazed it lasted as long as it did.

1 minute ago, GiantKiwi said:

Masada uses a proprietary trigger mech which means my only OOTB (ie no modification required) option is the Chimera at the moment. Having used the Gate in another gun, it's got too much going on to be reliable, the first one I used failed after a single day of use.

As for the case, i normally use Peli cases, but with my new car, they aren't practical as the boot is rather small, and my last softbag was a £10 one from Taiwangun, so i was more amazed it lasted as long as it did.

I had the Gate Merf 3.2 for quite a while but that bastarding signal wire connector that went into the mosfet was crap and died on me constantly so I decided to get a trigger board hence the Titan but I feel it's good enough to stand up to the BTC from the price that it asks for. I like it because I don't have some board inside my buffer tube that just makes life a hassle.

• Moderators

radio license for 5 years.....should make communicating a little easier when out with brother and others in games :D

Bought some clone Springfield Armory wood grips to go with my springfield nova kit.

Really nice nice for £15.

The ones are nice as well but I wanted to try some wood grips.

image.jpg

Swapped the thumb safety for a single as I did not want to the file the wood and I will probably buy a silver one later.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just waiting on a new silver frame without rails and see how that looks.

Cheers.

Yesterday was a good day. 

I still need to buy a sight for this. No idea what though. Suggestions welcome. 

Krytac lvoa s. Guarder hop rubber. 8 ares amoeba 120 short mid cap mags, krytac patch, cmr rail cover kit, 5000 .28 Valken bb's (are these any good). Viper dump pouch. 

IMG_0956.JPG

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Sooo very late last night Dave's custom airsoft had a 20% off sale … just waiting for my iron airsoft drum mag now :D

Blimey - looks like somebody welded a party 7 tin of beer to a short midcap:

showing my age - younger players saying eh? wtf does that mean ???

beer all over the ceiling trying to open the bastid with screwdrivers & $hit

drum1.jpg

• Supporters

It's a real thing, made by X Products.  They do a standard 50 rnd drum for lots of different guns and that skeletonised version as well.

Airsoft companies almost never make up their own sh*t, they just copy stuff from the US gun market that most people don't know about then act like it was their own ideas all along.

G&G Gr300 CQB limited edition.

AEG_GG_300_SP_lg.jpg

http://www.evike.com/products/28225/

Got it for nothing because the internals are shot, there is no wire stock, It's also missing a mag release, and bolt release, and the original pistol grip. It's been painted so I have to strip it before I can repaint.

Original parts are pretty comprehensive, Upper, lower, Barrel and handguard, cocking handle. It's super light and most of the main parts are lightweight magnesium casts. It's going to be a nice gun I think. All pins are tight, and everything is a good fit all round.

Ready to go in from spare I have:
New box. (king arms 8mm shell with VFC self shimming gears).
G&G etu trigger and controller.
Solid M16 stock.
ZCI neo motor cage and rewound internals. Might stump up for a faster motor once it's built and I can see if there are any other problems.
416 style pistol grip.
Mag well hand grip.
Red dot.

It's going to be rear wired, with the biggest 11.1 I can get to fit I may even see if I can get a hard shell 4500mAh one to fit. The front handgrip/battery compartment is in good condition and pretty huge internally but I want the weight on my shoulder. I may front wire it again at some point if I get another M4 variant.

Added an ares short foregrip and UFC sight in cantilever mount tomthe krytac today. She's now complete and so is the nigh on £700 dent in my wallet for the last few days of airsoft excess 

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

A second TM M4 Spomod has just joined the family....whoops

Lovely!

What you doing with this one?!

(What did you do with the first one? lol)

Just now, Crashtest33 said:

Lovely!

What you doing with this one?!

(What did you do with the first one? lol)

The first sopmod was just bought as a main gun and was for a while after id sold my 416 to fund it but this new sopmod came up as a steal from a friend which has some tasty upgrades and extra's and as id just got a bonus at work I thought sod it and took it off his hands...

at present I have...

x2 TM NGRS sopmods and 10 mags between them

TM MP7 with 8 mags

TM Glock 17 with 4 mags

I'm feeling a breacher will be next in the kit, but as usual ill probably end up selling something along the way or swapping for something interesting but i have become a bit of a self admitted TM fan boy (whether that's a good or bad thing is yet to be seen - equipment wise its definitely a good thing)

6 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

but i have become a bit of a self admitted TM fan boy (whether that's a good or bad thing is yet to be seen - equipment wise its definitely a good thing)

Nowt wrong with that!! They rule!

(Everyone secretly thinks they're the best AEGs. lol)

Sold a USMC woodland MARPAT FROG set to buy a Peltor Comtac XP headset to try out this comms' lark properly.

(Am also selling a Crye Precision labeled USMC desert MARPAT FROG set (M-R) and a Defender USMC woodland MARPAT Inclement Weather jacket (M-L) if anyone is interested? Genuine gear, not copies)