The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Some people are idiots 11.1v is fine. No other gun matches it out the box they are basically perfect, nice choice.

Exactly what I said. ASG made it purposely to use 11.1v. How they didn't know that was beyond me

• Moderators

Just a scope riser..... nothing major today....

Brother got a ICS G33f..... seems to be copying me!!! 😀😀

• Supporters

Exactly what I said. ASG made it purposely to use 11.1v. How they didn't know that was beyond me

The manual literally says use an 11.1.. the LiPo fear mongering is so real..

Tried mine with a 7.4v just to see, it did not work right at all. Sluggish turn over of the GB, burst didn't work right, but soon as the 11.1 went in there - perfect.

• Supporters

The manual literally says use an 11.1.. the LiPo fear mongering is so real..

Exactly what I said about to manual to them as well. When you read up on it, it clearly says it was built from the ground up to use an 11.1v lipo. Tested mine with a 7.4v and totally agree sluggish

Just bought from various sources:

Ares Octarms 12" rail

2 x 45 degree ris rails

Srs optic

Amped hpl

Gonna be a fun month, just need to locate a minimalist stock in milspec sizing and a peq box and I'm pretty much done!!

KWA Glock 23F! Looks like the Glock I've been looking for - weighty and able to run some powerful gas, unlike my TM G18C.

Went on a bit of a binge recently and bought a KWA HK45, and seriously impressed with with range and the fact it takes .25s out of the box. Initially makes a kind of twangy scrape on the backstroke when cocking but apparently the RS does that too! Anyway it seems less now I've shot and lubed it a few 100 rounds.

Just had to get the RA Tech steel outer barrel though as plastic just doesn't do it for me... although everything else is metal where it should be. :wacko:? Now it has more heft and racks with a proper clack click. (Sparse choice of holsters - gone for a RS Blackhawk.)

Not cheap overall then but it's full of nice design: both in little easy to use touches and really nice styling make it just a lovely black chiselled slab of handgun. It's pointable and comfy even in my little hands - to do with it being derived from a tall and slim single stack .45" design rather than short and wide from a double stack 9mm. All in all a BMW M5 of a pistol.
So on that basis I decided to give their Glock a go.
Well it got here today. Hmmm. Marked KSC, only a label dangling from the trigger guard is marked KWA, manual is entirely in Japanese/Chinese/Korean. Doesn't seem to be pushing the valve hard enough, it doesn't cycle the action the first 30 shots or so.

Second hand G&G Sig552, like new. Very practical design and a good game gun for the price (less than half) now I've had the wiring fault fixed and put on a dummy PEQ box instead rather than crushing the LiPo inside that very small handguard and buggering the wires each time. Realistically chunky externals, authentic grade of plastic used, steel body with even minor detail trades present and a hefty "bolt" which locks open for hop adjust.

Really wanted a longer barrel but the price was so good. Looked at a new ICS Sig before hand, the externals didn't have the same level of realism and besides, G&G are supposed to be equally reliable.

Also bought a cheap Chinese knockoff M88 helmet with visor - hope that'll stop my glasses misting up problem and £21 is a great deal cheaper than those fan assisted goggles I was considering. And an Adjustable Tactical Pistol Lanyard worth a punt at £2.30! Cheaper than a new pistol that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

KWA Glock 23F! Looks like the Glock I've been looking for - weighty and able to run some powerful gas, unlike my TM G18C.

Went on a bit of a binge recently and bought a KWA HK45, and seriously impressed with with range and the fact it takes .25s out of the box. Initially makes a kind of twangy scrape on the backstroke when cocking but apparently the RS does that too! Anyway it seems less now I've shot and lubed it a few 100 rounds.

Just had to get the RA Tech steel outer barrel though as plastic just doesn't do it for me... although everything else is metal where it should be. :wacko:? Now it has more heft and racks with a proper clack click. (Sparse choice of holsters - gone for a RS Blackhawk.)

Not cheap overall then but it's full of nice design: both in little easy to use touches and really nice styling make it just a lovely black chiselled slab of handgun. It's pointable and comfy even in my little hands - to do with it being derived from a tall and slim single stack .45" design rather than short and wide from a double stack 9mm. All in all a BMW M5 of a pistol.
So on that basis I decided to give their Glock a go.
Well it got here today. Hmmm. Marked KSC, only a label dangling from the trigger guard is marked KWA, manual is entirely in Japanese/Chinese/Korean. Doesn't seem to be pushing the valve hard enough, it doesn't cycle the action the first 30 shots or so.

Welp, I feel you should know that the TM G18C is more than capable of running black gas if you reinforce that front post with epoxy or buy the Guarder Nylon frame with the brass insert (around £25-30). You shouldn't have bought a steel outer - it will eat away at your slide too much.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but the TM Glock series have an inordinate number of upgrades available so if you end up sending your KWA/KSC (fyi, KWA is just the westernised arm of the KSC company) one back then look into a Guarder slide (the 7075 aluminium ones), an aluminium outer barrel (Guarder are good but there are plenty out there) and then a new recoil spring and guide along with that frame. All in all it's around £180 worth of parts - which is a lot but you won't get a Glock that looks nicer and still shoots like a TM.

Here's a good guide: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140496

Dye I4 Paintball Mask x2 (need a clear lens, so will be selling the spare)

ASG 11.1V 1500 mAh 20C LiPo Stick Battery

EMERSONGEAR MP7 / MP5 Sling Adaptor

VP Racing Battery 11.1v 1300mAh 25C LiPo Crane Stock Battery - Tamiya

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo Magazine Coupler x2

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo Magazine Coupler x2

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo Magazine 75rnd x3 Pack

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo Magazine 75rnd x3 Pack

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo Foam Inlay Carry Bag

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo 18mm to 14mm CCW Thread Adaptor

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo Sling Hook

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo Magazine 375rnd Hi-Cap

ASG CZ Scorpion Evo Spring Guide w/ Bearing

GIANT POWER LiPo Safe Charging Bag - Small

0.30g Blaster 6mm BB Bundle x 9000

Tracer 0.25g Blaster 6mm BB x 3000

Fenix AER-02 Tactical Remote Pressure Switch

ASG Scorpion From JDairsoft (PBwouldnt ship to a non ukara address - but every thing else from patrol base).

Planned to buy it anyway, but couldnt say no to £255 shipped from JD in a recent generic american sale.

Very pleased with the pressure switch, the gun is nice too, but I keep putting it into safe by accident.

Welp, I feel you should know that the TM G18C is more than capable of running black gas if you reinforce that front post with epoxy or buy the Guarder Nylon frame with the brass insert (around £25-30). You shouldn't have bought a steel outer - it will eat away at your slide too much.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but the TM Glock series have an inordinate number of upgrades available so if you end up sending your KWA/KSC (fyi, KWA is just the westernised arm of the KSC company) one back then look into a Guarder slide (the 7075 aluminium ones), an aluminium outer barrel (Guarder are good but there are plenty out there) and then a new recoil spring and guide along with that frame. All in all it's around £180 worth of parts - which is a lot but you won't get a Glock that looks nicer and still shoots like a TM.

Here's a good guide: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140496

Thanks. Yes I was aware of all that but wanted a hefty, realistic Glock right out of the box without all the faffing about making different bits play nicely together.

It does indeed feel the business but I'll have to send it back as it's not working. Pity, it strips easily, has a lovely feel and sound too.

I mentioned the KSC thing in case it was relevant, I thought maybe different trade names might denote different quality levels.

As I say their HK45 is just lovely to shoot and handle, I keep the outer reasonably well greased as the steel v soft alloy thing had occurred to me.

• Supporters

New stuff today, thanks to CKinnerley for the heads up on the Platatac Black Friday sale :)

All gravy holmes. Picked some good options, I've not tried any of their belts but the design of that one makes a lot of sense, should hopefully work well for ya.

Bolle X1000 goggles

One Tigris lower face mask

One Tigris Tactical helmet & helmet cover

Viper Tactical Elite Trousers

Omgai hard knuckle gloves

a combat shirt

spent around £170 on this lot but it gets the basics down.

Quick pre-bed foray onto Airsoft World last night...spot a TM M4 MWS with 7 magazines...am now £450 poorer.