The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just got myself:

AA 12 drum mag that arrived today.

Redline SFR regulator

HPA gas bottle

Hydration pack to hold the bottle and reg

A pair of Highlander bravo gloves.

Also have had on order for 4 weeks a 900 round hpa mag from reaper custom airsoft to go on my Hephaestus Tar-21.

A GHK G5 with the carbine kit and 1J nozzle installed, and with an AAC flash hider and a custom handgrip. Fully working. For £140.

I saved about £200-220...

Great deal there, now you'll have to spend that £200 buying mags for it.

Already bought two for £90! But I plan to only ever use semi-auto when I'm doing skirmishes, otherwise it's too inaccurate :P or I could do an HPA rig... ^_^ 2000 round drum mag for the G5, anyone?

As I said in my post before I have a 900 round GHK HPA mag on it's way to me. Mine is on a bulpup tar-21 that's why only only 900.

Enjoy that gun!

Guest PT247

Already bought two for £90! But I plan to only ever use semi-auto when I'm doing skirmishes, otherwise it's too inaccurate :P or I could do an HPA rig... ^_^ 2000 round drum mag for the G5, anyone?

Don't know if they are still running the deal but Samoon were doing buy one get the second half price on g5 mags!

Don't know if they are still running the deal but Samoon were doing buy one get the second half price on g5 mags!

They were...then it's $38 shipping with brings it upto about £80, and then there's import tax (which makes it about £90-92) and heavily increased weight time. After all that, the Samoon deal simply doesn't work.

Guest PT247

have never paid import tax or even parcel farce fees for anything from Samoon, including a G5 and 10 extra mags in the past!

• Root Admin

Yup - same here on the mags. I think I ended up paying £5 and courier charges, but this was $380 worth of magazines so...

Like PT247 says: Most HK places will happily quote the value down to nothing for you.

Guest PT247

They were...then it's $38 shipping with brings it upto about £80....

If you buy more mags the cost of P&P drops per mag too as I think the $38 is for upto a set weight.

• Moderators

Nothing special really recently :

Warrior CPC combo in black - nice for the low profile lightweight look 🙂

Helikon CPU ACU Shorts and in beige and some t-shirts, from Poland as UK seems to be out of stock of most things

Not really new but I got my TM Scar L CQC back from Sam at Kingdom of airsoft. I know the view on upgrading TM's will divide most people but I'll let the figure's do the talking. I can now hit a target with relative ease at 63 meters, with a bit of a lob it'll hit 70. No more nasty Semi lock up's thank's to the Spectre Mosfet, ROF is pretty much the same (14 rps) as I'm running the same 7.4 1450mah lipo with Prometheus gearing (The same ratio as before) but I don't care as I run midcaps. Nice to have the 3 round burst option too!

E4D98067-0003-4598-B89A-81E85AB1451B_zps

• Supporters

I can now hit a target with relative ease at 63 meters, with a bit of a lob it'll hit 70.

What's your hop set up? My L96 (if google maps is correct) can shoot slightly beyond that range, using a r-hop and a bridged flat nub with .40G BB's. I'd be seriously impressed if it was a stock hop-up unit set up.

• Supporters

Alpha Eco Wire 16awg - 6716 to be exact.....

yeah better than stock and a touch better than silver low resistance

2.03mm external - actual wire is just under 1.4mm width or csa thingy

hmmmm might have got the 14awg 6717 @ 2.44mm ext but could have been a bit tight or difficult to shape in pistol grips on motor etc.....

the Alpha Eco wire 16awg - thin insulation but very firm - lot less flexible than my my insane mofo silicone wire I have used - 2.65mm ext & 1.65mm

Unsure if all rebuilds will use this Alpha wire but will use it for sure in any G&G rebuilds - about £23:50 on fleabay shipped

Also some pure silicone to try out the AoE mod:

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/9062-guide-cylinder-head-damper-remold-bye-bye-sorbo.html

don't know how great it will turn out or if it will last - but had sorbo shred in high speed builds even with neoprene protecting it

What's your hop set up? My L96 (if google maps is correct) can shoot slightly beyond that range, using a r-hop and a bridged flat nub with .40G BB's. I'd be seriously impressed if it was a stock hop-up unit set up.

Your L96 should be hitting a lot further than that if you're shooting close to 500fps.

My old Stock Warrior with a few DIY mods could hit near those ranges, let alone an upgraded.

Not a dig, just curious

Internally it has a 6.02 edgi R hopped barrel. Firing 343fps with a .2 and 282 with a .3 (So zero Joule creep). TBH my Mancraft VSR firing .45's at 2.32J can only beat it by say 5 meters!

Maybe worth adding that before I had the work done, I was getting 50 meters (Just) with a .25

Your L96 should be hitting a lot further than that if you're shooting close to 500fps.

My old Stock Warrior with a few DIY mods could hit near those ranges, let alone an upgraded.

Not a dig, just curious

Completely depends on Joule creep. Measuring 500 on a .2 would preobably be creeping by 60fps (So 390ish on a .43) so you'd be achieving 75-85+ meters. I had all this with my VSR, I run that at dead on 2.32J and 65-70 max is my useable range.

• Supporters

Not a dig, just curious

It probably does, judging by Google maps it can shoot over 100 meters, but the measurements are probably not accurate.. I'd probably get even better results using a PDI barrel, I'm currently using 500mm A&K brass barrel. :rolleyes:

It probably does, judging by Google maps it can shoot over 100 meters, but the measurements are probably not accurate.. I'd probably get even better results using a PDI barrel, I'm currently using 500mm A&K brass barrel. :rolleyes:

Ahhh ok, Barrel wise I'd highly recommend an EdGi. Customer service is great and the quality is very good. Expensive, but they'll do all sorts such as porting, crowning, extending the hop window etc

• Supporters

Ahhh ok, Barrel wise I'd highly recommend an EdGi. Customer service is great and the quality is very good. Expensive, but they'll do all sorts such as porting, crowning, extending the hop window etc

That's the plan, just saving up for the work currently. What UK retailers sell EdGI barrels?

That's the plan, just saving up for the work currently. What UK retailers sell EdGI barrels?

Sam a KOA I think may have some, otherwise just go to EdGi through his facebook, I ordered direct and got an entire VSR kit and barrel delivered in about 4 days from him in the Philippines :)

Ed (edgi) very good via Facebook however expect to pay a nasty tax on import. I've bought the vsr kit and another barrel via FB and his service is awesome but it costs a fair old bit. Sam at KOA makes orders frequently from him so he may be able to offer one at a cheaper price. I'd recommend you ask him to r hop it too (£40) his r hops are VERY good!