The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

This is my first post on this forum. Hello everyone.

Having had a bad time with the Stealth Assassin (pictured below), I finally came to the conclusion that like in many areas, in airsoft you get what you pay for. Therefore, I have just bought a Tokyo Marui Hi-Cappa 5.1 from the site where I was playing on Sunday. I asked a marshal at the site where I bought it to Chrono it and it registered 309. I am a newbie to airsoft but I have to say that apart from the fact that I don't understand how the safety on the grip works, I think it is absolutely awesome. I've just ordered 2 extra mags for it. No need to include a picture of the TM pistol as you all know what I am talking about :D.

KJ_Stealth_Assassin_02.JPG

Just messing with you. I agree viper stuff isn't much cop except for the odd item. The leg holster is one of the worst bits of kit they make and he will probably spend all day trying to get it to sit right and then it will just fall apart.

As you say you can get a Warrior universal or even a retention holster for not much more.

Hopefuilly It will last a little while. I only paid a tenner for it so not pricey at all and other Viper stuff ive had in the past has lasted quite well even though that might be cause I heavily modify most of my kit

TAD Gear Primer Crew top.

MARPAT Boonie hat.

ACM Gemtech Halo Silencer.

Czech helmet cover - £4.90 off eBay

Fobus dual magazine paddle holster for CZ 75 ~£19 off eBay

• Supporters

I was looking to make one of them armor stands but found this shelf thing for £2

Put some foam at the top and lots of room for small bits like gloves and even boots at the bottom if I remove one shelf.

*snip x 3*

That's a pretty cool way to stack a single complete loadout in one place I have to say. I'm probably the only one thinking this, but personally I liked the fact you've actually covered it up. I see so many gun ranks and gear displays posted all over the place that look really sweet, but you know within literally a fortnight it'll all be covered in dust; that's why I keep everything in cupboards.

That's a pretty cool way to stack a single complete loadout in one place I have to say. I'm probably the only one thinking this, but personally I liked the fact you've actually covered it up. I see so many gun ranks and gear displays posted all over the place that look really sweet, but you know within literally a fortnight it'll all be covered in dust; that's why I keep everything in cupboards.

Yeah I bought some cheap lockers from a charity shop to store the rest .

Does the job and cheap as well :D

unit.jpg

I have a little gated area in my house due little kids so my pc and airsoft stuff stays out reach :)

FirstSpear STT Plate Carrier

PIG BRIG Shoulder Pad Set

PIG AFC Pontoon Set

Blue Force Gear Helium Whisper Admin Pouch

Grimlock Carabiner Set of 3

Warrior Single M4 5.56mm (2 x stanag mags)

Special mention to CKinnerly for helping with all my questions....

Picked myself up one of these recently, BTC Spectre for my TM 416D - Having it fitted at the end of the month, not too sure what to expect really, as I got caught up in all the hype but took a punt regardless! :)

post-9923-0-26022200-1466074055_thumb.jpg

Orga Magnus 6.23 wide bore 260mm for the tippmann 10" build.

Never invested into anything more than a madbull 6.03 so wondering if I was see any noticeable difference with this more premium barrel.

Picked myself up one of these recently, BTC Spectre for my TM 416D - Having it fitted at the end of the month, not too sure what to expect really, as I got caught up in all the hype but took a punt regardless! :)

Where on earth did you manage to find one?

FYI for anyone looking for a BTC Spectre for TM Recoils, I just purchased one and I think theres a few left :)

My Viper MTP Holster arrived, Just waiting on the Belt to go with it. Just a standard OD Webbing belt.

13458638_1556626531309695_66864703890060

Now all I need is a Pair of Glasses that don't steam up, I'd Use my goggles but they don't fit with my hat, Anyone got any suggestions for cheaper Eye pro that is in the form of Glasses?

• Supporters

My Viper MTP Holster arrived, Just waiting on the Belt to go with it. Just a standard OD Webbing belt.

Now all I need is a Pair of Glasses that don't steam up, I'd Use my goggles but they don't fit with my hat, Anyone got any suggestions for cheaper Eye pro that is in the form of Glasses?

Revision Bullet ants or Revision Sawflys, but they have a noticeable gap.

I got some Bolle tracker IIs that seem pretty good. I linked where to get them cheap on my review

They look good, But are they Airsoft spec?

• Supporters

27697392875_231749a2c4_b.jpg

Very little that's high-end or high quality, but hey it's all free and if I go to a milsim again I'll not need to buy anything much. Can't remember everything present exactly, but a rough list.

• Desert, Temperate and Safety boots
  • Osprey Mk4 + Ops panel + soft armour inserts + side plates (until I get the proper ones) + soft armour collars and brassards + about 30 pouches + misc ancillaries
  • 3L Cameback (bladder and carrier in MTP)
  • Sealskinz socks
  • Sweat rags
  • Bullet proof hi-vis belt
  • Knee pads
  • Warm weather sleeping bag + liner + stuff sack
  • MTP Bivvy sheet + stuff sack
  • PCS Trousers x 4
  • PCS Shirt
  • PCS Full-pattern UBACS with ballistic collars x 4
  • Washing bag
  • Microfiber towel
  • Mosie head net
  • Tan shemagh
  • Anti-bac boxers x 4
  • Ballistic boxers x 3
  • Soft-armour filled groin guard
  • 'Lightweight' gore-tex jacket and trousers
  • Arid coveralls x 2
  • Gerber multi-tool and torch + Silva head torch
  • Boonie
  • Large and small MTP rucksack covers
  • Carabiner
  • Ear plugs
  • Revision Sawfly x 2
  • Revision Desert Locust
  • Extra GSR canisters
  • Extra rank tabs
  • Synthetic T-Shirts x 4

Already had the cold weather stuff from previous Falklands trip, so there'd have been a lot more otherwise. MSM Admin pouch and pack my own, pack was a stand-in for the MTP daysack that finally pitched up at stores the day after. I'm sure I've forgotten some stuff, but that's 95% of it.

My role entails a lot of SHTF type just-in-case preparedness for certain unpleasant scenarios, so I'm unlikely to need the infantry type kit for use outside a base area but they give it to us anyway.

Got this rather nice MK6 helmet at the 'wartime in the vale' event. Bargain too. Only £15. It didn't come with a MTP cover though, so I'll have to get that off ebay. Goes well with my goggles, and It's in good condition. Overall, very happy with it. Would've got a Fast Helmet, Only they don't have a size big enough for my enormous noggin XD

13497808_1558358457803169_49837279387979

Having a little trouble fitting all my stuff on my head though, My Mesh mask doesn't really fit with the helmet and goggles. So I think I'd have to have either just the goggles, or replace them with Glasses. They look awesome strapped to the helmet though. They do look a little silly when you pull them down over your eyes though, since you can't wear them under the helmet, The straps stick out a bit. But not an issue if I wear glasses anyway. And I can't wear just the goggles for another two years anyway, so It doesn't matter. Anyway, I'm ranting.