The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Viper kit can be hit and miss on quality, some is ace but have had items fall apart way before they should (have had the same with more expensive brands too so don't read this as hating on Viper. I recommend Helicon kit is on a budget.

• Supporters

Hi All, thanks

Sorry for not being clear, also was not aware that ones with inbuilt knee pads are not technically BDU's I have been look on military 1st and maximum I would be looking to spend would around 50 max.

I have to agree my post was very lazy so outlaid questions below for ease:

Best place to Buy Black BDU's looking to spend maximum of £50 all in?(like the idea of using work trousers with knee inserts)

Is it worth buying a set trouser with build in knee pads I.E. Viper tactical trousers?

Cheers guys sorry for being a pain

You're not a pain, just need to lay out the questions so us pedants and old duffers can follow you! :D

Anyway - sticking with Military 1st for a bit the Helikon BDUs are great trousers and are "proper" BDU style in as much as they are fairly loose cut with a plethora of storage options. They don't have pockets in the knee for pads of any sort though (but they are double thickness reinforced).

Helikon SFU trousers are a more modern cut so they fit a bit closer but they also have built in pockets for knee pads (which you would need to buy separately).

If you want something a bit more tacticool then you'll want to look at some of the Crye G2/G3 type trousers that have those little plastic kneepads in them (they're actaully attached to a much larger foam/neoprene type of pad internally), I'd suggest looking for brands like Emerson if you want to stick inside your budget (try www.shootercbgear.com although dispatch will be delayed because of the Chinese New Year - you can get them in the UK/EU but they'll cost more).

• Moderators

Helikon stuff Is great, I wear the SFU trousers generally day to day and the odd skirmish as well as CPU stuff. I have a set of black bdus and find them a lot more on the baggy side than sfu style

Excuse errors, on phone at work!!

Thought about the work trouser ideas and work trousers where a great idea 1/3 of the cost form amazon :) so got black work trousers and universal knee pads thanks for the advice all

Viper MOLLE belt in black - £8 off a mate

Set of thermal long johns - £10 eBay

Belt is to replace my last one which has now given up the ghost. Long johns are in preparation for cold nights/days at a milsim I'm going to.

SO my first load out is nearly complete just awaiting a fore grip, is it wrong to be as excited as 12 year old :)

post-12529-0-91672000-1454577775_thumb.jpg

JD Airsoft

Tippman M4 & HPA setup

Nurpol Hydration Bag (stopgap until I decide on what kind of loadout I want)

PatrolBase

2x PTS mid caps FDE

Backup Flipup sights FDE

ACM Reflex Sight

3000 blaster .25's

Trying to decide this vs the GHK m4. Love the look of the GHK but the reliability of HPA has won me over. Hope I made the right choice!

• Root Admin

HPA all the way - if you can afford it and can put up with the hose then functionally it's unmatched. I miss my GBBR stuff, but consistent muzzle energy even in the cold is why I'm sticking with it now.

What regulator did you go with?

HPA all the way - if you can afford it and can put up with the hose then functionally it's unmatched. I miss my GBBR stuff, but consistent muzzle energy even in the cold is why I'm sticking with it now.

What regulator did you go with?

I went the "cop out" easy route and just got the package deal from JD airsoft. So it comes with a "Proto 48cu 3k Air System" which has a preset regulator I believe.

• Root Admin

Ah, I see. The Tippmann is somewhat unique in that it has an inbuilt regulator and can step down 3000psi to the usable 120-ish internally (unlike Polarstar, SMP and others which need a regulator on the tank to step down the 3k or 4.5k to a usable 100-120psi). *Actually only low is regulated rather than pressure. See below.

Should be good. The hose is a bit thicker as you'd expect.

Cheers for the info. My only concern at the moment is where im going to fill up the tank exactly. There's a few scuba shops in Bristol so I can try those. I've heard some people use a special hand pump for about an hour and that fills up the tank....Atleast I can get fit that way I guess.

• Root Admin

I have a hand pump and also a refill tank. I can link you to a place to get the handpump as some people are paying extortionate amounts for theirs. I bought mine directly from China from a factory that makes the Air Venturi ones. Will PM you tomorrow when I grab the link.

I have a hand pump and also a refill tank. I can link you to a place to get the handpump as some people are paying extortionate amounts for theirs. I bought mine directly from China from a factory that makes the Air Venturi ones. Will PM you tomorrow when I grab the link.

Thanks mate appreciate it!

a K6AC charger, my cheapy Vapex balance charger is giving up the ghost so need a decent one.

The proper Krytac 30k motor for my DMR build to replace the lower spec 20k motor in the UK Krytacs.

WOWZERS, the 30k motor is worlds apart from the OE 20k motor, gonna be awesome on the field :-)

• Supporters

Ah, I see. The Tippmann is somewhat unique in that it has an inbuilt regulator and can step down 3000psi to the usable 120-ish internally (unlike Polarstar, SMP and others which need a regulator on the tank to step down the 3k or 4.5k to a usable 100-120psi).

Should be good. The hose is a bit thicker as you'd expect.

Most bottles (except SLP) have a step down regulator built in and output 800psi, (which is the tippmann running pressure) it has no inbuilt pressure regulator, the fps control is achieved by a grub screw obscuring the air path to the nozzle.

Ninja/fire base etc regs all step down from 800psi to what ever you set them too

• Root Admin

Anything that regulates the pressure is a regulator and it's the internal nature of this on the Tippmann that makes is kind of unique. To all intents and purposes it runs in the same way that their paintball guns do - through regulating a higher input so you don't need anything but an ASA and hose. The issue obviously being that the lines are rated for up to 2000psi, and that means a lot of rigidity compared to the braided lines other systems can use that work below 200psi.

A secondary issue I take with the Tippman system is that - because of its overly-simple regulator - it doesn't work well at lower pressures so you don't get the longevity out of your tank like you might with the newer Red Line one that's coming out later this month. Once you get below 1000psi you're going to notice the system starving for air as there's not enough pressure for the line to act as an expansion chamber of sorts. The bore being so narrow in the coil doesn't help with this, and it's a pretty greedy gun in terms of air consumption so this does pose a bit of a problem.

You're correct on the Firebase and Ninja of course. Just not really seeing your point on the regulator I guess :S

• Supporters

It dosnt regulate pressure, it regulates flow ;)

It uses the same bottles. Which are 800psi output, not 3k.

The Tippmann is somewhat unique in that it has an inbuilt regulator and can step down 3000psi to the usable 120-ish internally (unlike Polarstar, SMP and others which need a regulator on the tank to step down the 3k or 4.5k to a usable 100-120psi).

• Root Admin

Ok I see what you mean now. Thanks.

Also I'm talking about the internal pressure of the tank, not the pressure that comes out of the tank reg - as you know, that can be 300-850psi before the regulator. I purely mentioned 2k because that's what the lines are rated for, but I don't know of a tank regulator that comes preshimmed above 850psi.

Any idea what the lowest pressure is that you can use with it?

I've just purchased from the generic fleabay

Generic eotech 552 (cause I can carry spare AAA batts for it on my M4)

QD mount riser (as my acog is on my sa80 now with 2 of them)

Peq 15 box (again for my sa80 as I'm to lazy to remove the DD rail to change lipos)