The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Head Moderator

Ah, the chap I use will do any size too - 2-5 for about £1-3 (depending on size and quantity of course) and can do anything from 1 to 5mm. Just need to message him.

I found him cheaper because he does private listings if you message him (which he doesn't pay as much on).

I now have several spares which i will bring to the private game in February in case anyone wants one. I usually end up buying a few versions to get the one I like the most or which fits best, and the rest get consigned to the airsoft drawer of redundant kit.

Bought a rucksack from Argos. Discounted to £15. I can now walk around Portsmouth without feeling too suspicious. Carries everything perfectly

Some little buys - just little & often which were:-

• ACU-Digital Wooly hat as my ears feel the effects of the cold winter wind!
  • Additional SOPMOD Battery
  • Bulk buy on some 0.25 Devil Blasters which will last me best part of the next 3-6 months
  • Harris style Bi-Pod, replacing my previous extendable foregrip (Reminded me too much of Del Boy's mobile phone & it's spring loaded aerial!)
  • Rubber Magpuls x10 - EBay jobbies but do the business

& a bit more of a bigger buy.... With our local site starting Wednesday evening shoots from March as well as overnight missions (Not full blown Milsims) i've decided to take a punt & buy this....

http://www.amazon.com/Firefield-FF16001-Night-Vision-Riflescope/dp/B000YQLW5C

Reviews / vids & write ups seem favourable so we'll see

Some black camo, shirt n trousers and cap.

Lipo batterys just turned up so they're on charge

And impatiently waiting for the gun to arrive

So i bought this top....http://www.kombatuk.com/product_images/1361-1-D.jpg?443

What are the velco patches for, i mean what do i stick on em?

• Moderators

2 more 7.4 lipos

gbase element m910 torch/grip

sling bracket thing

oh and a

ICS M4 EBB....wanted to be a commoner!! haha

all from firesupport.....only went to look :)

.....only went to look :)

ah the age old "don't worry I'm not going to buy anything, I am just looking" to the missus before you leave the house, thank god for internet shopping now eh (:

what ICS did you get out of interest?

• Moderators

ah the age old "don't worry I'm not going to buy anything, I am just looking" to the missus before you leave the house, thank god for internet shopping now eh (:

what ICS did you get out of interest?

yeah only went to look at RIF :)

its the ICS M4 EBB, ref ICS-321 from memory

simple and effective really/ I'll not use the grip it comes with but use the new one, then split my games between that and the cxp

just gotta wait until 6th feb for next urban assault game :)

right gun bag next to hide them in

Not strictly an airsoft purchase but will be used for airsoft jobs, Tap and Die set £14.99 from Aldi, useful for threading holes that have stripped, custom bolts etc, but mainly for making screw in (ie adjustable) velocity reducers for GBBRs, in this case for my AKS74U. So far so good, down to just sub 350 on propane at room temp. :-)

post-8821-0-79001400-1453659279_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Is it any good? That seems awfully cheap for a set with that many pieces.

Then again most airsoft metal is cheese anyway so perhaps it makes more sense than one might first imagine.

TAD Gear Overland shirt from eBay.

Milspec Monkey MC cap from eBay (same seller).

Eyeing up a WE Makarov GBB at Crawley Surplus too...but funds towards an AA12 might have to take priority.

SJCAM SJ4000 Plus (Wifi 2K version) as the firmware on my current camera only supports 32GB cards, and I want to use 64GB minimum.

Doogee X5 Android phone to use as a wifi viewer for the headcam

Toshiba 64GB Micro SDXC Card

PTS Unity Tactical Fusion Mount (Black)

2x Vapex 1300mAh 7.4v Crane Stock LiPo's

Edit: Lonex Titan A2 motor.

getting ready for going to 'The Stan' on the 7th :P

Ready for the 7th I hope Cropzy!?

Unfortunately not no pal, I was going to go but I have a new job and need to focus on that for the first half of the month.

Me and my friend will be going to the Stan near end of Feb though.

I am definitely going to Hull again it was awesome.

Hopefully back end of Feb or March.

• Supporters

Just as an FYI, the current production mags from PTS are nothing to do with Magpul designs as things currently stand. Magpul actually pulled their license as far as any replicas of mags/accessories go a couple of years back now.

Luckily though PTS are still using the same plastic (tougher than some RS stuff) and similar internals to their old E/PMAG line, so as far as midcaps go I've personally yet to find anything that gets close quality wise.

• Root Admin

Yeh, I grabbed a couple of the new EPMs as backups for the M249 and they feed really well. The base plates are what kind of give them away as not being EMAG, so I switched those out for some of the old PTS ones and now they look pretty close to the real thing again (not that I really minded the look, but those rubberised base plate thingies were way too bulky).

Also having that coloured follower that shows you when you're 50% and 100% full is great.

It's a shame Magpul pulled their licensing, but given how people were buying 'fake' airsoft stuff and sticking it on real steel then complaining when it wasn't up to scratch or appeared slightly different you can see why they would. Their real steel accessories are obviously where the vast majority of their income was coming from. Seen quite a few smaller real steel companies teaming up with PTS though, and some interesting designs for flash hiders and charging handles are knocking about these days.

Got a MC TAD Gear patch coming across the pond in the post after winning one from them on Twitter.

• Supporters

It's a shame Magpul pulled their licensing, but given how people were buying 'fake' airsoft stuff and sticking it on real steel then complaining when it wasn't up to scratch or appeared slightly different you can see why they would. Their real steel accessories are obviously where the vast majority of their income was coming from. Seen quite a few smaller real steel companies teaming up with PTS though, and some interesting designs for flash hiders and charging handles are knocking about these days.

Whilst I completely understand why they did it I just wish someone would produce mags remotely on par with the SOPMOD PMAGs for the TM recoils. Unless there's some I don't know about, being worried about losing mags you can't replace sucks.

• Supporters

Whilst I completely understand why they did it I just wish someone would produce mags remotely on par with the SOPMOD PMAGs for the TM recoils. Unless there's some I don't know about, being worried about losing mags you can't replace sucks.

I'm fairly sure someone somewhere is still making the SOPMOD magazines... MLEmart have had a few loads in stock over the last few months

• Supporters

I'm fairly sure someone somewhere is still making the SOPMOD magazines... MLEmart have had a few loads in stock over the last few months

I couldn't figure out if those are just a load that have been kicking about in a warehouse somewhere, seen them appear on their ebay store a couple of times when I was looking for a mate. Either way he bought a few and they look identical to the genuine ones I bought a couple of years back.