The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Ok. This may take a while to type -

ASG Special Teams Carbine (KJW KC02 V2)

-stuff-

I never did a whole lot to my KC02, but I'm looking forward to seeing how that all ends up coming together. The Magpul stock always intrigued me and I'd not heard of the VSR hop chamber before but it sounds pretty sweety potentially.

New arrival back home:

23690812886_ba8d1e1e55_c.jpg

-Leo Kohler Combat shirt

-Combat trousers by some german brand who're keeping things on the down-low because they're breaking Crye's patent

• Supporters

Hopefully buying an s-thunder launcher with two grenades off a friend later. If I do then I expect I'll be spending a lot of money on 40mm grenades in the coming months to make a loadout out of it :D

Yeah, I keep thinking i need a standalone launcher. I'm thinking for TAG's, but i don't want the unbalanced weight of a tube on any of my AK's. Because there are so many situations in airsoft where i end up throwing a pyro knowing full well that i don't have the skill to land it exactly where i want it, but have a go anyway :wacko: I'm sure TAG's are the way forward, it's just the initial expense of the launcher and TAG tube insert that has stopped me so far...

Ok. This may take a while to type -

ASG Special Teams Carbine (KJW KC02 V2)

5x Green Gas Long Mags, 6x CO2 Long Mags

ASG 3.5-10x50E replica scope along with a custom killflash and sunshade

Swiss Arms G.O.O.B. 320x45mm Silencer

Tophatrunner VSR type Hop Chamber for KC02

Tophatrunner High flow Rocket Valve for KC02

Tophatrunner Barrel Spacers 4 Pack

Kevin Forney Alu Piston

RATech Steel Bolt Carrier for KC02

A+ Airsoft REAPS Bucking

Orga Magnus 430mm 6.23mm inner barrel for VSR

Magpul USA Hunter X-22 Stock for Ruger 10/22 in Black

Magpul "" Hunter High Cheek Riser in Black

Magpul M-Lok Bipod Lug

Magpul M-Lok 11 Slot rails x 2

Magpul M-Lok MOE Grip

Looks pretty much like what I want to do to mine. What made you go for the Orgas over the RATech inner and Outer Barrel setup?

Yeah, I keep thinking i need a standalone launcher. I'm thinking for TAG's, but i don't want the unbalanced weight of a tube on any of my AK's. Because there are so many situations in airsoft where i end up throwing a pyro knowing full well that i don't have the skill to land it exactly where i want it, but have a go anyway :wacko: I'm sure TAG's are the way forward, it's just the initial expense of the launcher and TAG tube insert that has stopped me so far...

I'm really, really tempted by a TAG as well but Christmas and a holiday next month put rest to that purchase.

This launcher is just for giggles really. Plus I don't have any weapons I could attach an underslung launcher to (barrels too short, no space, etc.) so it left me with a stand alone one. At £30 it's worth a pop.

Update: Some more purchases.

Micro red dot sight - £17 off eBay.

Cheap pistol laser - £7 off eBay.

Just undecided whether to mount them to my shotgun or my mk23 now...

What made you go for the Orgas over the RATech inner and Outer Barrel setup?

Because the only place a Ratech inner should be installed is the bin. Literally the biggest cause of jam's in "upgraded" WE GBBR's.

The Ratech carrier was only bought until the guy making the 3D printed ones gets his act together and starts letting people buy them easily >.<

• Supporters

Well, my wallet is crying bloody murder... Dropped over 3 grand in the last week... On quasi-Airsoft stuff...

Building a 3D modeling computer (I guess I can make better Airsoft videos with it 😉)

Ended up being more like $1700 with shipping (pic below)

Then I splooged and got myself a 3DR SOLO quadrotor.

A guy I know used a drone to film a game I was at here in the states, so I needed to be able to do the same 😊

• Supporters

Well at least Newegg is decent in the States.

True, but this isn't newegg... But I did get a few parts through them.

Was pay day yesterday so I had a little airsoft spending frenzy:

- Heroshark Daggernose mesh goggles.

- x2 TM Glock 17 magazines.

- x2 M4 hi-cap magazines.

- Speed loader.

- Warrior patches.

- Warrior triple velcro M4 magazine pouch.

- Warrior small horizontal utility pouch.

^_^

Also going to purchase a division six black multicam mesh mask once they're back in stock.

• Supporters

Jeez, here I go again.

M140 spring

Steel cylinder head

Steel cylinder

Steel barrel + hop up housing

6-24x50 Scope (current scope doesn't zoom or adjust, which is a completely pointless.)

Also nabbed from ebay:

Heroshark speartooth goggles for £17.50

1000 BBKing .45g BB's for £13.99

• Supporters

dsc_0057.jpgE&L AK 74 mid cap mag (brown) - €8.90

dsc_0051.jpg2 x E&L AK 74 mid cap mag (black) - €17.80

el-a104-g2_2_1.jpgMeister Arms AKS 74UN - €189.90

+€19.90 Shipping -€50 Voucher = €186.49 (£135.38) from airsoft-entrepot.fr

The voucher was going to run out on Monday, so something had to be done - I was hoping to spend the whole €50 on mags, despite their poor rep, because at least i can use the guts of them to fill some real steel (actually bakelite) mags I bought a while ago, but despite having only just restocked, they only had these 3 left. Hey ho, Phatima, my ICS AKS 74U, has got something dire wrong with her and although she was at one time my fav gun, my patience is very nearly expended, hence this new toy. Plus it was the cheapest Meister Arms gun they do...

• Supporters

Got some of the boring stuff out of the way;

-2 WE 7.4 Lippos

-Smart charger

-Spare G17 mag

-And a green shermagh thing.

Thinking about grabbing a single point sling next, anyone have any suggestions brand-wise for them?

Let me get lynched again. I use the Safariland single point. I'll link it below. The quick detach is excellent.

www.safariland.com gun-accessories

• Supporters

Got some of the boring stuff out of the way;

-2 WE 7.4 Lippos

-Smart charger

-Spare G17 mag

-And a green shermagh thing.

Thinking about grabbing a single point sling next, anyone have any suggestions brand-wise for them?

Sorry bud, messed up the link as I posted it from my tablet. Here's a real link :)

http://www.holsterops.com/Single-Point-M4-Rifle-Harness

Please note, this will work on all AR buffer tubes, or anything with a sling mount

• Supporters

I'd be extraordinarily surprised if that fitted correctly on even 25% of airsoft buffer tubes.

Well seeing as Spaz has some connection with the Rogers company he can test it.

For all anybody knows they built enough tolerance into it for that. They do seem to aim towards the airsoft community as well as RS.

• Supporters

You can't guarantee that. RS buffer tubes are consistent in their diameter for the mounting of the base plate, airsoft buffer tubes vary in size wildly between manufacturers.

I'd be extraordinarily surprised if that fitted correctly on even 25% of airsoft buffer tubes.

Well seeing as Spaz has some connection with the Rogers company he can test it.

For all anybody knows they built enough tolerance into it for that. They do seem to aim towards the airsoft community as well as RS.

Fair enough, let me rephrase :). RHC has tested it on (afaik) all AR tubes. I have tested it on WE, G&G, TM, KWA, VFC, and maybe a few more; it fits all them. It also comes with a shim to convert it to fit thinner tubes (real steel called civi tubes). Plus, you can just attach it to any sling mount; I have this sling on my TM MP7, S&T TAR, ARES Stoner, and my E&L AK, none of which have buffer tubes.

• Supporters

How does it adapt to the variance? All my airsoft ARs vary significantly in the sizing of their buffer tubes; a stock that's tight on a TM will wobble like crazy on an Avalon/VFC.

I'm also unsure why you'd need a shim for commercial spec buffer tubes? Mil spec tubes are the thinner ones.

15wckzo.jpg

And is there a site selling them that ships outside the US? Or do you have to contact HolsterOps directly? Attempting to go through their checkout, they don't allow any country but US to be selected for the address.

Some nylon shoelace for like 50c. Made some mag pulls because I found myself throwing my gloves off to reload too often.

Used glue because drilling volatile plastic without a bench drill sounds like an awful idea to me.

https://imgur.com/ILL0gDF

• Supporters

Some nylon shoelace for like 50c. Made some mag pulls because I found myself throwing my gloves off to reload too often.

Used glue because drilling volatile plastic without a bench drill sounds like an awful idea to me.

https://imgur.com/ILL0gDF

Ha, nice. I've never owned a VSR but I shot a buddy's many times, mags were always a plain. Might send him that picture actually.