The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

TM 1911 Night Warrior

TM MK23 Socom

36000 bb's (saves buying little and often)

12g blanks

9mm blanks

.209 blanks

electric ignition pyro (various sizes)

EG18 smokes

Signal smokes

Beef and onion sub

The bit that made me smile the most was the beef and onion sub Mmmmm

In regards to ASPUK, pretty sure Darren doesn't have anything to do with it anymore and he sold it. I remember seeing something on facebook about it, plus the website has had loads of amatuer work done on it linking to various things, so I can't imagine it's still Darren.

• Supporters

In regards to ASPUK, pretty sure Darren doesn't have anything to do with it anymore and he sold it. I remember seeing something on facebook about it, plus the website has had loads of amatuer work done on it linking to various things, so I can't imagine it's still Darren.

Thanks for that info. Would you say ASPUK as a whole has suffered since Darren departed? Since my SVD partly gave up ages ago and partly due to being so ill i could only maintain a fraction of my former interest in all things airsoft, so i haven't fixed her as well as not reading about much online, I haven't been on there in a good while...

But i seriously think i'll be back in the field soon, so more stuff for me:

s-l140.jpg Soviet M69 Hebe Winter Jacket - $46.50

s-l140.jpg Soviet Berezka KZS Pants Unsized - $7.50 (probly size 2 - to make a helmet cover for my SSh-68 Steel Helmet)

s-l140.jpg Early Type Soviet Tourniquet - $9.51 (To wrap around the folding stock of my AK-47S)

s-l140.jpg 12 x Soviet RD-54 Toggle Buttons - $8.51 (Never seen these for sale alone before - bound to come in handy)

...+$36.00 Combined Shipping from The Ukraine

• Root Admin

Aye, the reason I mentioned it is because I know Darren not to be working there anymore since he said everything would be closing down. He really helped me out 2-3 years ago when I got my L96 and I even bought a lot of my stuff from him but lately some of the terrible additions to the site (have you seen the huge jpg banner they've added to the front page?) and constantly out-of-stock items make it not worth my time. Airsoft Pro have a great turnaround and are just as deserving of your money as any EU state as far as I'm concerned.

I mean we're not talking about comparing two similar products here with one being made in the UK; we're talking about a direct rebrand or - in the case of the pistons or trigger mechs that have 'Airsoft Pro' etched onto them - just a resale with a ridiculous markup. I get the whole 'support British companies' thing, but when they're taking the mickey (like ASPUK are with their prices) then you're actively stagnating market competition by not going with those that provide better service/products/prices and in the long run that's good for no one.

ASPUK look like that may have had their day, and without teching services are just another store front with a horrible website that need to rethink their business strategy, because with Darren gone I see no reason why they should get an extra 30-40% from me.

• Supporters

Wonder if they'd mind us harvesting the Identify Your Rifle page. Just in case they disappear of course.

It'll already be cached by Google and Wayback Machine so I wouldn't bother.

Well, yeah, but easier to find if it's in our "Guides" section, with an appropriate thank you and link to the original of course - we wont know unless you ask, Sacarathe, and you can only get told no, not hunted down and shot in the bell end...

OK, the latter is a remote possibility, but you can always blame Sitting Duck!

• Supporters

s-l140.jpg 2 x 32GB Micro SD / SDHC Class 10 w/ Adapter - £2.90 each posted ~ fleabay (for the camera I bought earlier)

(I ended up bidding on a few of these starting @1p but after losing to people paying over the "Buy It Now" price several times I decided to just buy [them] now myself.)

Well, yeah, but easier to find if it's in our "Guides" section, with an appropriate thank you and link to the original of course - we wont know unless you ask, Sacarathe, and you can only get told no, not hunted down and shot in the bell end...

OK, the latter is a remote possibility, but you can always blame Sitting Duck!

Well I was going with "do you think they would mind" not "do you think they would mind if asked".

WAS right hand universal pistol holster in A-TACS FG

WAS PLB belt A-TACS FG

Check the "Share a Bargain" thread for uktactical.com discount codes.

Proffrink is right though - ASPUK are more expensive than airsoftpro.cz for exactly the same kit even including the shipping from the Czech Republic (which is part of the EU so you pay no VAT or import tax). But Darren is a good bloke and I'm guessing that if you can afford to buy 2 BASR's on the chance that 1 will be a lemon, rather than send it/them back until you get a decent one, you're not short of a few bob, so it's good that you're supporting the great resource that the whole ASPUK website is for UK airsoft snipers...

My apologies.( I have now edited my post). I have bought the parts from the airsoft pro cz website but thought if I mentioned the Aspuk name folk would know exactly what I've got, which is very ignorant of me. I have spent hundreds with Aspuk in the past and the last time that I did buy something from there it was Darren's name on the Paypal receipt. The reasons why I have bought these parts from the CZ site is because 1) They are cheaper by a fair amount and 2) I like to try new shops out to see if they are worth using in the future. I would love to buy all my stuff from the UK but some parts are simply cheaper from overseas. The scope, bb's and paints are from airsoftzone in the UK and they have always had the highest customer service so I use those where I can.

Thank you Ian_Gere, for throwing these links up.

- I had found these before but the holsters out of stock and I'm struggling to find any others that are of similar quality. Many thanks anyhow.

Bought myself a G&G Wildhog 7" - Needed a backup/Lender gun, it was cheap and reliable enough - the new mosfet + microswitch trigger is pretty damn impressive for a stock rifle.

Incidentally, was testing different high cap type mags in it, if you use Lonex flash mags you're going to need a new hop unit, won't feed at all.

TM FN5-7 as there was a deal on ehobbyasia

as well as a steel outer barrel and CNC inner frame for aforementioned pistol

4x SJ4000 cams from that discounted ebay retailer (3 for myself, one for a present.

2 boxes of KA P90 mids (the MAG ones jam every dozen rounds or so)

• Supporters

TM FN5-7 as there was a deal on ehobbyasia

as well as a steel outer barrel and CNC inner frame for aforementioned pistol

4x SJ4000 cams from that discounted ebay retailer (3 for myself, one for a present.

2 boxes of KA P90 mids (the MAG ones jam every dozen rounds or so)

$£^%$*£&$T*^£$*^£%$*^£$... damnit, i need one... *sigh, i understand about the frame, but as I am going to now be getting one, why the frame? And anything you suggest adding to it in terms of upgrades? id rather make one purchase and pretend it didn't happen...

$£^%$*£&$T*^£$*^£%$*^£$... damnit, i need one... *sigh, i understand about the frame, but as I am going to now be getting one, why the frame? And anything you suggest adding to it in terms of upgrades? id rather make one purchase and pretend it didn't happen...

from the research I did, the weak point is just the barrel, it seems they have a tendency of shredding under higher pressure, so the steel outer barrel prevents this from happening, there are also tales of the slide exploding back, but most of these did the "upgrade" to the guarder poly frame, which everyone agrees is crap, the inner frame is just a bit of piece of mind on my part and shouldn't be needed.

big thing however is that it requires slightly more TLC than the average GBB, that's offset by the ease with which it strips, but just something you should be aware of.

and also to make sure, the magazines are huge, do not expect any of your current pouches to hold them.

I will be giving a skirmish review once it arrives, prior to upgrades and after to see whether they affect the gun too much.

Saying Christmas is creeping up and all I treated myself a bit;

- ICS PAR MK3 MTR

- 2 spare MA-186 Hi-caps

- And a Glock from my local (Not even sure of the make but test firing it felt bang on)

Worse part is to keep the illusion up for the youngins will only get to mess with the glock for now :'(

PDI 6.05 AEG 420mm barrel,

PDI M150 AEG spring

ASG Universal Bipod Inc 20mm Rail Adapter

ACM 3.5-10x50 Mk4 Illuminated Scope - Black

Maple Leaf 70' AEG bucking

Maple Leaf 75' AEG bucking

My SRS Covert is gonna be kerflappin awesome! :D

Damn PDI springs are a different strength to normal AEG springs, the M150 made no difference to fps so have had to order another M150 from LWA

• Supporters

Damn PDI springs are a different strength to normal AEG springs, the M150 made no difference to fps so have had to order another M150 from LWA

Yeah, I didn't know that either. Just recently bought a 100% PDI spring that feels weak as water! I think it may end up being useful though because I had to fit an old shotgun spring into my tac-AK after fitting a TBB, O-ring air seal nozzle, and double O-ring piston head - I forget what the FPS was with an M100 spring after that but it was surprisingly high.

• Supporters

Can Jehovahs witnesses play airsoft?

No, they just camp out in doorways...

Damn ASG springs are strong, good job am not able to play this weekend as it is currently rather hot.... 565 fps with an M150!!!

Lonex M140 ordered. Glad it is a piece of cake to change the bloody spring in the SRS.