The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Got myself an iron on Russian flag smiley patch face from Etsy.com, £0.68

Also got a USSR badge for my ushanka from eBay, £3.49

Almost managed to get a 45th VDV patch as well, but I was sniped towards the end. It ended up going for £17

408973c2c692d02ae05f644f50fe01aa_zpsdfhg

0c601358dda68bb708276e09aefcbe54_zpsjffl

• Supporters

^^Yeah, I got sniped on a KGB 2nd Directorate beret from the same collection as the 45th patch.

One of my absolute hates on eBay. That's why I usually only go for the buy now stuff on there.

Luckily they put up another set of patches so I'm going to up my max bid and try again :ph34r:

• Supporters

No goofbid.com sniper works on eBay. I use it myself, but somebody else did it to me 1 better on the beret :lol:

Wat? The 'max bid' system they have in place completely denies any sniping and has for years, right? :S

It's still possible. I had a max bid and then someone put in a much higher max bid right at the very end. It's more risky that way, but it's possible

• Head Moderator

Sniping is the only way to eBay. If some tw*t puts in 3 bids on the same item I will keep bidding until there is only one bid left, then if I really want the item just offer twice as much in the last 10 seconds. You know what you want to pay so just wait until the end and bid that figure. I think that putting in several bids is a mugs game. eBay love it as they make more money and the item sells for more.

Best offer can work except I had a china company offer it and then fail to respond for several best offers, that expired. When I sent an email they said they made little to no profit on the item, so why did they encourage best offer in the first place. Naturally I just went to another company that would compete.

• Supporters

s-l140.jpg Freaky Looking Russian NV Sight - £65.65 posted ~ fleabay

• Supporters

pah - auto sniping, where is the fun in that......

the adrenalin all pumped up as you prepare your bid with seconds to go

One shot at it (usually), sort out your max max bid,

plus say a price of stamp on top in case £35 + £5 post = £40

very likely a few people may have chosen £40 as the max bid....

so £40.27 is hovering waiting to be clicked not too soon - not too late

how late depends on your connection and if your pc is running sluggish/reboot needed etc.....

(often 5 to 10 secs)

Whack it in - boom, if you win it

if you don't then you made sure the winner didn't quite get the "bargain" they was hoping for

Interesting to point out - many many moons ago on Yahoo Auctions that was a serious competitor for ebay

You could not snipe as often if last second bids came in the time counter was adjusted back a minute or two

So if anybody tried to snipe in last 5 secs, the time would increase to say 90 seconds left to run

Not good for buyers but for seller you could easily end up getting 10% to 20% more as buyers started a last minute bidding war

Yahoo was free for sellers - Alas Ebay bought Yahoo and closed it - w@nkers

Thus eliminating their nearest rival and continued with world domination for shafting sellers and promoting f*ckwits and scammers

Yeah - ok if something ends at 03:37am maybe auto sniping but never used it myself

I'll just whack in a bid, and make the mofo pay more if they want it more than me

Best bargains used to found searching with wild cards or looking for spelling mistakes

eg: " dragunov " could be mispelt to draganof or something so search for " drag " + " * " = " drag* "

so searches would include sales from thicko sellers tucked away not always showing up

BUT ebay stopped allowing you to include wild card searches - jeeez

plus about 2 yrs ago they restricted other stuff like looking at a timewaster/scammer's buying history over last 30 days

Ebay has changed a lot over the years n years I have been on there

only thing that remains - they bolt you up for selling

good sellers have lost out more from clued up scamming buyers that know how to play the game

think approved sales are no more and you can't block any brand new accounts just created - zero feedback

(scammers do this all the time - bad old feedback, no probs open another account and scam some more)

Ebay do f*ck all about this, despite being told of this, hence I stopped selling - not worth hassle

Soz for rant - uhm yeah bought some airsoft bits that I shouldn't of or don't really really need

(but told missus its a bargain - what about all the other bargains lying around you had to have she said - ahh usual stuff in duck household)

• Supporters

It's not going to emit any Xrays this one?

It's an urban myth, mate.

quite possibly the cheapest WE MP5 SD3, from hobbyking has finally arrived

sorry for the crappy pic

Love those!

Silverback SRS Covert Bullpup Sniper OD (16 Inch Short Barrel, Desert Tech Licensed) - Pre-Order

Do want, just waiting to see if they release any upgrades.

has an AEG barrel and hop bucking so they should be upgradable, also AEG springs will fit as long as they have a min inside diameter of 11mm and can compress to 40something mm so will be able to up the fps hopefully pretty easily.

Multicam black Leo Kohler top and trousers, really good quality, lack of a zip on the top is a bit irritating though.

1000d cordura ATACS FG (3m) to make a set of easy access .50 mag pouches as even though the kydex ones are good, they just take up too much space, as well as a super size dump pouch.

has an AEG barrel and hop bucking so they should be upgradable, also AEG springs will fit as long as they have a min inside diameter of 11mm and can compress to 40something mm so will be able to up the fps hopefully pretty easily.

Top fricking notch, guess who will be getting one post Xmas!

Got a few bits for the 416 coming. 4th G&G mid cap, fakepul CTR stock and fakepul RVG. Load of new XTM rail covers.