The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Some more bits for my svd, slowly getting there..

Went to Airsoftworld to get some ABS svd furniture, but was put off by the price (£40 not including the overpriced postage fees.) So, I went over to AirsoftPro.cz and bought:

ABS furniture, current furniture is tatty. 27 euros

New trigger pin, old one keeps falling out. 4 euros

Sorbo pad. 3 euros

After postage and VAT, it came to a total of £35 posted, not bad eh? Should be somewhat skirmishable at this point!

• Supporters

Some more bits for my svd, slowly getting there..

Went to Airsoftworld to get some ABS svd furniture, but was put off by the price (£40 not including the overpriced postage fees.) So, I went over to AirsoftPro.cz and bought:

ABS furniture, current furniture is tatty. 27 euros

New trigger pin, old one keeps falling out. 4 euros

Sorbo pad. 3 euros

After postage and VAT, it came to a total of £35 posted, not bad eh? Should be somewhat skirmishable at this point!

credit card/bank - how did ya pay, paypal again - if they took paypal on their site I'd have a new spending place

• Root Admin

Are you sure it cost you less? Almost all banks in the UK charge commission on converting your currency (even to Euros) and PayPal is actually far cheaper despite their less favourable exchange rate. I painstakingly tried all three checkout options and found PayPal overall was cheapest.

Used to happen to me a lot last year with two separate banks because I was too dumb to switch AliExpress and DHGate over to GBP so it was converting to Dollars or Euros all the time.

A lot of the time your exchange rate and commission charge won't even show on your statement until a few days after the payment too :S

• Moderators

G&G SRL

11.1V LIPO x2

WE LIPO Charger...

Guess what, My defense arrived ^_^

Yeah it's nice when the email comes in with your number on!

Lipo charge bag, I'll have to google that, mine currently charging within sight so I can see light go off....newb straight to lipo with first AEG

Component shop! I find they are one of the cheapest for batteries and chargers. Defo cheaper than any uk airsoft shop I have checked! Also always get my stuff from them next day!

• Supporters

Are you sure it cost you less? Almost all banks in the UK charge commission on converting your currency (even to Euros) and PayPal is actually far cheaper despite their less favourable exchange rate. I painstakingly tried all three checkout options and found PayPal overall was cheapest.

Used to happen to me a lot last year with two separate banks because I was too dumb to switch AliExpress and DHGate over to GBP so it was converting to Dollars or Euros all the time.

A lot of the time your exchange rate and commission charge won't even show on your statement until a few days after the payment too :S

Definitely cheaper. It was like 16 euros for paypal and 14 euros for card payment. :)

• Supporters

Hm. Well let me know because I get ruined on exchange rates with Halifax. Might consider switching if you have a better experience given the amount of online orders I make.

I'm with halifax aswell, I think with my previous order with Airsoftpro I didn't get charged, but I'm not 100%..

• Moderators

Component shop! I find they are one of the cheapest for batteries and chargers. Defo cheaper than any uk airsoft shop I have checked! Also always get my stuff from them next day!

just googled it...simple really!

for me, popped to firesupport........

and just got a pair of those googles....downside, don't fit very well with my fast helmet, may have to try the cap....but can see better than my nuprol mesh goggles

resisted another AEG, need to use the current one a bit more before I buy a new one

Got it about a fortnight ago at this point - but thought l'd post it here anyway.

lt's not actually attached yet as l'm waiting on a mount adaptor but it's just a matter of time... :P

Going to be spraying it to match the rest of the rifle once it's properly on there too.

where the hell did you find that? it looks new

Some guy was selling it on Fb with an Ares rifle as a set for a measly three hundred or so.

l told him if he was willing to split the UGL l'd have his arm off for it - he PM'd me - and the rest is history lol.

lt's in near new condition safety is a bit loose but l won't carry it around loaded anyway.

Planning to use it exclusively with TAG rounds ofc.

Are you going to spray it tan like the rest of the rifle?

• Supporters

Are you going to spray it tan like the rest of the rifle?

Yah.

Though not until it's all together on the rifle.

Went a bit crazy for longmoor this Sunday..

PEQ 16

T1 optic

King arms .25 bbs

G&G .28 bbs

Double grenade pouch in OD

Sling in OD

Eglm for scar h

3 x 120rd grenades

Enola Gaye smoke grenades

Enola Gaye flash bangs

Enola Gaye pineapple grenades

Warrior Low Profile DCS setup in OD, grabbed one on offer. Went for free postage, made my order late last night and I should have it tomorrow. Rather impressed!

• Supporters

s-l140.jpg WebTex British Army Assault Vest w/ Hydration Bladder - £21.99 posted ~ fleabay

(Mine is pretty worn out, so when I saw this one in excellent condition I thought may as well replace it.)

1193_m.jpg

3 x Tula Factory Real Steel Plum AK-74 Magazines - €51.60 posted from Germany ~ zib-militaria.de

(which i plan to convert to airsoft midcaps by dremmeling off the feed lips and inserting the innards of some CYMA mags)

Edited by Ian_Gere
mags