The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Baofeng uv-5r

Ptt for the baofeng

Programing cable/cd for baofeng

New mtp army issue camelbak hydration unit

New mtp army issue molle fitting kit

And a few random bits for customising my pistol some more

Not to long till the okto milsim and sooo much atuff i still want to get befor then :)

• Supporters

^^The software that came with my Baofeng UV-5R programming cable does not work - i'm currently in the process of sorting it out with the aliexpress seller. If yours turns out to be problematic, shortman, don't hesitate to pm me.

Thanks mate will do. Iv bought through a seller called bond street on ebay. They dont normally sell the software seperately but have ordeed it from thier supplier for me. They have been very helpful sofar so should be ok. Equally if you still get hassle pm me too.

• Root Admin

^^The software that came with my Baofeng UV-5R programming cable does not work - i'm currently in the process of sorting it out with the aliexpress seller. If yours turns out to be problematic, shortman, don't hesitate to pm me.

I bought the same. What's wrong with it? My disk runs fine but I've not programmed anything as I'm waiting for a replacement handset. If it's an issue of the software not booting or something I could upload a copy of mine.

Last night l ordered a WE Apache mp5 SD3 from hobbyking

£185.61 with shipping OMFG!!!

(What's the bets that they cancel the order, I have had a confirmation email mind)

How do you get them to ship to you? I tried to order AEG and UK was refused.

• Supporters

The glow will be naked eye visible from directly in front of you, from the sides it'll be all but indetectable, it IS visible to someone who's been in the dark for a while though. As for the IR filter, I wouldn't bother; I tried it with a near-IR laser and because the filter only allowed true-IR through the output was massively reduced to the point where it wasn't even worth using. Filtering a visible spectrum LED torch is also relatively pointless, the output range of a 'white' LED is really narrow (they also tend to be towards the blue end of the spectrum) and very little IR is emitted to even get through the filter. Incandescent bulbs are another matter entirely, they kick out LOADS of IR and work great with a filter, but at the cost of brilliance in the visible spectrum.

Sadly, even going high-end on IR emitters doesn't really help, even a surefire KM3 dual vis/IR head gives off a very dull glow in IR mode. For what you're after, especially the IR strobing (which will 100% mess with gen1 NVGs, less so autogated gen3) the torch you've got there will almost certainly do the business.

Well, the filter I was looking at is rated at 720nm whereas the torch IR output is rated as 850nm and visible red light is from 620-750nm, so i was thinking there would be enough "pass" to let the IR through but greatly reduce the visible red. Was just checking that i had remembered the figure correctly and guess what i noticed though? 'Kin torch only has 1 mode :angry: what a bellend, moi! In the fullness of time i'll have to see if i can find a cheap XML-T6 5 moder that the IR head fits into...

Thanks mate will do. Iv bought through a seller called bond street on ebay. They dont normally sell the software seperately but have ordeed it from thier supplier for me. They have been very helpful sofar so should be ok. Equally if you still get hassle pm me too.

Thanks mate!

I bought the same. What's wrong with it? My disk runs fine but I've not programmed anything as I'm waiting for a replacement handset. If it's an issue of the software not booting or something I could upload a copy of mine.

The program from the disc I received installed correctly but does not load - the window it tries to open strobes at a frequency of about 40Hz for about 30 seconds and then disappears for about 10s before opening with all the bits which should contain text showing question marks and a dialogue box... in fact, fuck it, i have a screenshot i took to show the aliexpress geezer:

BF_5_R_program_not_working_screen.jpg

...sadly windows never did notify me of anything, let alone a solution :(

Aliexpress-geezer has given me a link to a .RAR which I've unzipped but so far not understood what a gwaan. But truthfully i haven't really applied myself to it yet - i'm waiting for a crossover point where my meds have worn off to their least intoxicating, but the pain hasn't become too distracting, to have a proper go at it, but i missed the last window of gumption so i'm currently operating at reduced microgorms/s²

• Root Admin

Mine seems to be working fine, but I've not actually programmed anything yet. The window does open and I can go through the options. It has an English language thing that you need to install. If it gives you more hassle let me know and I'll see if I can't write out some instructions from what I did.

• Moderators

Nice Hef, nice :)

Is it the Australian version ;)

For me, another pair of ess gogs off eBay

Just saw them on offer and grabbed one, I had the spring changed by gunfire, It's chronos between 325-327.

Thinking of some kind of russian/post apocalyptic look. Going to dirty it up, add some paracord etc.

The quality and feel is amazing, for only £30 more than a CYMA they are great, you seen the stress tests? crazy durable

• Supporters

How do you get them to ship to you? I tried to order AEG and UK was refused.

i have no idea :wacko::wacko::wacko:

did you set your address to UK or UNITED KINGDOM??

oooh got another email from hobby king this morning

Dear Sp00n

This is an email from hobbyking's product checker #43.

I would like to inform you that your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated.

Thanks for your support!

Hobbyking.com

OMG OMG OMG :o:o:o:o:o:lol:

Edit 06/11/15 :-

OMFG it shipped today

• Supporters

Mine seems to be working fine, but I've not actually programmed anything yet. The window does open and I can go through the options. It has an English language thing that you need to install. If it gives you more hassle let me know and I'll see if I can't write out some instructions from what I did.

Thanks mate :) I'll PM you if i get stuck.

Yeah, them Forcecore's are the same as Meister Arms, ie E&L gen 1 with a standard motor - 'kin lovely!

Got a text from one of my credit card companies basically wondering if i was dead, so I decided to put some swag touches on my modern Russian loadouts:

IMGP6318_600-350x400.jpgSSO/SPOSN Sitting Mat - €9.48

(The one I made as soon as I started airsofting, before the Russians started issuing them to their armed forces mind, which so many people have quietly sniggered at and rolled their eyes at me over, many assuming that i was desperate to protect me arse from BB's, has finally been washed once to often, so a pro job is now the way forward.)

j-WFoXnvEUQ99-350x400.jpgSHN AK-74 Rubber Bayonet - €28.43

(This should be stiff enough to fit into a real steel AK bayonet frog, which will be a nice addition to my Smersh rig, and a massive improvement over the HobbyLink Japan airfix-stylee model one I have on there ATM.)

H1280006-270x400.jpgSSO/SPOSN Molle Comms/GPS/Phone Pouch - €16.25

(This is almost identical to the Mil-Tec one I've been using for the last couple of years, but it has the ubiquitous SSO edge binding on the pouch rim and flap so it'll fit right in on my Smersh.)

2-350x400.jpg Splav Elbow Pads TAC in OD - €14.89

g20130528134205198568t3n5-350x400.jpg Splav Knee Pads DOT in OD - €18.96

-10% Discount for Bolsheviks Team Members

+€36.34 Shipping from grey-shop.ru

€114.99 exchanged by PayPal mind -> £85.20

• Head Moderator

Kingrin Locust steel mesh goggles (black) from Fire-Support for £15.50 (inc P&P).

These will be my back up pair of goggles, just in case I have a malfunction with my main ones or fogging is too much. Not a fan of mesh per se because they still make my vision dark but they will work anywhere.

Alpha-Tec grenade has arrived!!!

Can't wait to test it out this weekend. Also got some 209 primers from JD airsoft

WP_20151106_0031_zpsus2vwciq.jpg

WP_20151106_0041_zpspkc3veyu.jpg

AlphaTec Hex - £85 from Alpha One

100 primers - £7 from JD Airsoft

• Moderators

Li-po charge bag

Deans connectors for all guns and batteries.......( glad I bought extra connectors!! Melted a few soldering )

Lipo charge bag, I'll have to google that, mine currently charging within sight so I can see light go off....newb straight to lipo with first AEG

• Supporters

Kingrin Locust steel mesh goggles (black) from Fire-Support for £15.50 (inc P&P).

These will be my back up pair of goggles, just in case I have a malfunction with my main ones or fogging is too much. Not a fan of mesh per se because they still make my vision dark but they will work anywhere.

Yeah, when I found those and added them to my guide to noobism on a tight budget I was tempted to get some myself*, because that type of interwoven wire mesh is much better for seeing through than the perforated sheet most companies call mesh in their goggles. What stopped me is fire-supports' shipping charges :angry: IIRC their basic charge is £7.99, right? So I'm waiting until I want something else from them to order at the same time - I did vaguely consider buying an ASG AW.308 because they have them on offer for £135 but then sense filtered through the haze I'm pleased to call my consciousness - I mean £135 base gun and then fuck knows what in upgrades to make it a competitive BASR... all to save £4 overcharge on shipping... hmmmmm! Might get some Kanzen bearings, but again I dunno: I forget their name now (it's something like Roullements Monde) but IIRpricesC the French company I usually buy Kanzen bearings from are quite a bit cheaper than f-s even including shipping from France... although a quick look and i can't actually find a link to the company i'm on about so my days of dealing with them may be at an end anyway :(

*Because even though I have some ACM ski mask type goggles with the same mesh, there is a slight warp to the plastic frame, and i like the look of the angular accents on these Kingrin Locusts.

Aha! It's roulement-passion and their fleabay.fr shop is called univers du roulement so i just wasn't thinking big enough :lol: but I did remeber the price deets correctly €38.95 posted for Ceramic's as opposed to £34+shipping

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooops! So I thought i'd just check fire-support's shipping price, because while i have no problem bad mouthing people who deserve it, i do like to know for as sure as possible that people DO actually deserve it and guess what? £3.50 for Royal Mail Signed For, so actually 40p cheaper than RM advertise on their webby - go Frank! Customer service beyond the call of duty, that is!

So I got 1 in OD - £15.50 posted

Edited by Ian_Gere
humble pie

• Head Moderator

^^ Fire-Support charged £3.50 shipping which is no worse than many eBay sellers, and it is good to get it quickly from a UK retailer instead of waiting for import from china.

• Supporters

^^ Fire-Support charged £3.50 shipping which is no worse than many eBay sellers, and it is good to get it quickly from a UK retailer instead of waiting for import from china.

Ah, i didn't see this before i edited my above post. But i got there in the end anyway and along the way did that most uncharacteristic of online behaviours - freely admitted that i was wrong :lol:

• Supporters

22802996246_85ae4ed9e2_b.jpg

Mostly shirts.

• Kryptek custom jersey
  • Kryptek combat shirts
  • Patagonia L9 combat shirt
  • FirstSpear AGB sleeve + t-shirt
  • Tac Distributors t-shirt
  • Princeton Tec rail nav light
  • HSP Keymod light mount
  • Magpul MOE light kit, M-LOK tape switch mount, M-LOK cantilever scout mount, M-LOK -> MOE adapter kit
  • Outdoor Research softshell