The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

2x Maple 70 Degree VSR buckings @ £7.99 each including postage - eBay

Table Clamp @ £4.99 - The Range

Tube Cutter @ £1.99 - The Range

Magnetic sheet 0.5mm diameter @ £1 for two sheets - The Range

On a bit of a DIY mods spend today! The buckings are for my ASG mk23 pistol and my Well mb-02 sniper rifle. Looking for something that gives a bit more performance than the stock parts both do. At £7.99 a pop, and with Maple being a well recommended brand, I thought it was worth a shot.

The tube cutter and table clamp are there because I intend to cut down a vsr inner barrel to fit my mk23 later on (after I acquire a barrel). The magnetic sheets will also be used to fix the feeding issue that occurs with my mk23's magazines - a single strip down one side of where the BBs sit will stop them getting trapped (or so I hope). If it doesn't work then I'm only down £1 and however long it takes me to fit them. If it works then happy days!

How you finding the ASG MK23? They are only about £30 or so aren't they?

How you finding the ASG MK23? They are only about £30 or so aren't they?

This is the one pistol I have (so far) kept longer than 6 months. Surprisingly good bit of kit for a very low price. Also very easy to upgrade since it takes vsr barrels and buckings.

It's got to the point that I often take this to sites instead of my other more expensive rifles/pistols because of how reliable it is. Quality control isn't as great as a TM (particularly with the hop up) but the mags are much better/cheaper and don't need modifying to hold green gas. All the mods I've done have been made with the intention of getting it to be as quiet as possible and only now am I changing around the internals to squeeze even more performance out of it.

Definitely worth the £60 (UK price new)/£35 (Poland) price if you get the chance to buy one. Only issues I've had are with the mags jamming - but that happens with the TM mags as well.

This is the one pistol I have (so far) kept longer than 6 months. Surprisingly good bit of kit for a very low price. Also very easy to upgrade since it takes vsr barrels and buckings.

It's got to the point that I often take this to sites instead of my other more expensive rifles/pistols because of how reliable it is. Quality control isn't as great as a TM (particularly with the hop up) but the mags are much better/cheaper and don't need modifying to hold green gas. All the mods I've done have been made with the intention of getting it to be as quiet as possible and only now am I changing around the internals to squeeze even more performance out of it.

Definitely worth the £60 (UK price new)/£35 (Poland) price if you get the chance to buy one. Only issues I've had are with the mags jamming - but that happens with the TM mags as well.

FPS is quoted as 420, is that with the barrel extension? I'd look to remove the barrel extension and actually make a suppressor, if it's <350 without then I might grab one :)

FPS is quoted as 420, is that with the barrel extension? I'd look to remove the barrel extension and actually make a suppressor, if it's <350 without then I might grab one :)

Yeah that's with the suppressor. You can take the suppressor apart to get rid of the inner barrel inside - that's what spikes the fps to DMR levels. For mine I brought the 16mm thread adapter and used a regular short silencer I have since added some baffels to. Drastically reduces the sound output from "quiet" to "are you sure someone's even shooting at us?"

FPS on green gas is around 1joule or so without the suppresor though.

Picked up a few things recently..

Ares Amoeba-008

25 CCW Mock suppressor

551 Holographic sight

16 Magpul railcovers

RVG foregrip

PEQ box with laser

Magpul flip-up sights

Lens protector

Krylon "sand" spray paint

Two new CZ75 magazines.

I really should stop spending money haha :D

So, I finally switched the HPA!

I bought a custom made drum magazine for the Vector, Ninja LPR regulator and a HPA tank (no idea what make!). Do excuse the lack of optics, I am currently in the process of obtaining something along the lines of an EOTech 55 series. Got a few more bits I want to buy for this, but I am very pleased!

Apologies for the photo quality. Any decent photos seem to be too big to upload to AF UK. But here it is!

post-11663-0-03802100-1442592385_thumb.jpg

Gotta love the jack's lol

Just picked up a G&G GC 30th anniversary as a base, then I intend on stripping it and starting over, as I've had suppliers send me parts to help with the build :)

I'll be making the thread as a beginners guide to HPA, calling out where i got parts, what parts I recommend, any issues I've had and general FAQ's I can cover since starting in HPA.

Hopefully will start on wednesday once the gun turns up. Aiming for a DMR build :)

• Moderators

Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil Spray £3.39 for 150ml bottle.

Fully intend to see if it works as a mosquito repellent and at such a low price it's got to be worth a shot.

weirdly a bottle of the spray arrived at my house last night, she listened to something airsoft and it stayed in her head! haha :D

i did say that it may be the bath oli i needed, would need to check and that ive yet to be ALLOWED to go to a woodland site......

she said if i dont use it, she'll have it!

technically i did buy this as it was my money! haha

weirdly a bottle of the spray arrived at my house last night, she listened to something airsoft and it stayed in her head! haha :D

i did say that it may be the bath oli i needed, would need to check and that ive yet to be ALLOWED to go to a woodland site......

she said if i dont use it, she'll have it!

technically i did buy this as it was my money! haha

Well when I used it at my last two woodland games I didn't get bitten, but that may be due to the weather changing.

Edit: Purchased a rail mount for my GBB VZ61 for ~£24 since my attempts at creating one didn't go as planned.

BrainExploder off YouTube has a seperate website where he sells 3D printed copies of the mounts he makes for use on his weapons:

http://www.shapeways.com/designer/BrainExploder

• Moderators

yeah she is a few months late!, although sat at Urban was a hot one!.

Time i get to a woody site it will be time to buy Snow Camo! :)

yeah she is a few months late!, although sat at Urban was a hot one!.

Time i get to a woody site it will be time to buy Snow Camo! :)

And a bucket load of bandages to "camo" your gun :D

• Moderators

s-l140.jpg Cooler Fan Version Outdoor Paintball Airsoft Glasses Goggle Ski anti-fog lens £24 posted - i read a good review on fb just now & the ESS knock offs i bought with the fan in the top centre turned out to be a bit sh*t, but the geezer reckons these have the fan at the side and that it circulates the air nicely - we shall see in a month...

Ian, how did you get on with these?

sorry it was Jan so not sure if you have reviewed??

• Supporters

Ian, how did you get on with these?

sorry it was Jan so not sure if you have reviewed??

The fan is not powerful enough, so i bought a second pair and added the both fans to one set - the trouble is that they have an electronic controller rather than just a battery and switch, so i was thinking i would be able to bodge them together onto a new battery pack with a single switch, maybe even overdrive them a bit, actually i've had to use the controllers side by side in a molle pouch. Sounds ok, eh? Well, the controllers have some kind of timer element and they do not work in synch, one seems to work better than the other...

So my advice is don't bother.

For me:

s-l140.jpg Soviet Afghan War era Winter Mitts - £8.30 posted from Doncaster ~ eBay

s-l140.jpg50g CT-2 Teflon Grease - £3.99 posted ~ eBay

Oh yeah, and i ballsed up my order to redzone.com.pl - i ordered a Berezka camo helmet cover for 6B27 helmet instead of 6B7 1M - i was just about to hit send on a snotty email to 'em when i realised it was my mistake - phew! So I've just put in an order for the correct one - £10-odd posted from Poland :D

Edited by Ian_Gere
stuff