The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

18965684745_459ca62436_b.jpg

Occasionaly I have to buy actual airsoft stuff in order to actually be able to play the game. Needs must.

• G&P URX Tool
  • 4 x SOCOM Gear Lancer L5 mid-caps
  • Cheap 'sansei' type mask for the lower portion
  • CORE TM G17 spring sets
  • 1911 grips the same shape as the Magpul ones, but these knock-offs have lots of little hearts to make up the grip texture

• Supporters

I probably am. Of the female players I've known/met/seen, I've yet to see a single one with a 1911, it's not a very popular platform these days. I've seen a few lads with pink M4s but nobody else with super-fabulous sidearms to match (which is the way I like to roll). With the wide availability of cheap Glocks and M&Ps the striker-fired guns have taken over mostly, whereas when I started airsoft everyone had 1911s, Hi-Capas, 226s and M9s with a few TM and KSC Glocks floating around, but the M&P was just a twinkle in TM's eye at that point. It makes sense for the G17s etc to be popular because they are the most practical, a fact that very much mirrors the RS world. But yeah, not much market for ladies' 1911 accessories.

Oooops :)

OPS Easy Plate Carrier Multicam Black
mcb_m.jpg

OPS Integrated Battle Pants 3D Multicam Black
mcblack_m.jpg
OPS Gen 2 Improved Direct Action Shirt Multicam Black
mcb4_m.jpg

This is my new loadout i like the dark scheme not really fussed by the Tan and or Forest camo schemes much prefer this hahaha Maybe im showing my age and lack of style.

Then on the list is -

TM AUG high cycle

TM Hi Capa 5.1

TM Scar Heavy

Then Im set :D

Good choice on the AUG high cycle - had one myself and I really regret selling it. Cracking trigger response and brilliant rate of fire. Half tempted to sell most of my guns to get another one.

Anyway, just purchased a surplus US Army Enhanced Load Bearing Vest and a set of surplus US Woodland combat trousers to start off my next loadout project. Going for a marine scout sniper loadout circa the late 1980s - 1990s era. Got most of the other gear for this, just needed an era accurate chest rig/vest and trousers.

Already have the weapons sorted (mk23 and my vsr) and might end up going to the dark side and buying a cheap m4... Or more likely not haha. Hate the weapon platform, give me an AK any day.

Great to see someone else getting into USMC kit! I like the look you're going for will be great to see it come together. I'm looking at doing a Scout sniper loadout in future as I have a lot of gear for my Force recon kit. Jarhead is also a reason I want to do a Scout Sniper kit :P

Great to see someone else getting into USMC kit! I like the look you're going for will be great to see it come together. I'm looking at doing a Scout sniper loadout in future as I have a lot of gear for my Force recon kit. Jarhead is also a reason I want to do a Scout Sniper kit :P

I've watched "Tears of the Sun" too many times growing up and last night I had it pointed out to me by my friend (whilst we were watching it at her house) that I had most of the gear seen in the movie but not the combat fatigues. She was surprised I wasn't intentionally tying to emulate that look - it was just stuff I'd picked up over the years haha. Now the ideas stuck in my head so I have to go for it. This is a big deal since I'm not usually a fan of Western kit - 90% of my stuff is Russian/Eastern European.

Anyway, what sort of style you going to run yours as? The era from the movie or something more modern?

Anyway, what sort of style you going to run yours as? The era from the movie or something more modern?

In all honesty I think I'll end up with two different Eras. Force Recon still use ALICE gear for some greenside ops which gives me an excuse for a set so I could use it for the same era as you. Then I can justify woodland camo for a Marsoc impression, and I want both an m40a5 and and a TM VSR10 so I'll be well set up for both :P Generation Kill is another good one I wouldn't mind emulating, if memory serves the m40 incarnation in that film wasn't too far off a vsr10 yet.

Magpul USA MVG in Black for the masada.

From UKT -

Warrior PLB Belt Black

Warrior Slimline Foldable Dump Pouch Black

Warrior Double Frag Gen 2 Black

Warrior Double M4 5.56 Black

Warrior Single M4 5.56 Black

Warrior Small Utility Pouch Black

Warrior Slim Line Harness

Other stuff -

Helikon CPU Shirt Black

Helikon CPU Trousers Black

TMC TF3 Cosplay Vest

(Worked it out yet?)

wEa4J6U.jpg

G&G CM16 BOT300 & have a KSC VECTOR GBB coming tomorrow

In all honesty I think I'll end up with two different Eras. Force Recon still use ALICE gear for some greenside ops which gives me an excuse for a set so I could use it for the same era as you. Then I can justify woodland camo for a Marsoc impression, and I want both an m40a5 and and a TM VSR10 so I'll be well set up for both :P Generation Kill is another good one I wouldn't mind emulating, if memory serves the m40 incarnation in that film wasn't too far off a vsr10 yet.

Pretty close indeed, Sgt Patrick complete with "Elvis" moostache and M40A1

GenK_014.jpg

• Supporters

Ok; one of the perks of interning with Rogers is that I get some stuff for free; of which I've picked up:

A paddle mount for Rogers holster pods

A belt mount for Rogers holster pods

A few new Ruger revolver speed loaders (just been released)

A few full moon revolver clips

A new single point sling

A few MOLLE and belt mounted pistol mag pouches

A few MLS parts to MOLLE mount holster pods

And a few bits more I'll add later

As long as its gas powered, it'll be stupid fun to shoot... Once you turn to the dark side there's no going back...

Guest RektnNekt

Just got a nice deal on this G&G CM16. The paint is debatable and will probably be changed, and the stock/handguard will be replaced with the non painted ones.

BbVa2NK.jpg

nearly all my stuff has turned up now, so far i have a G&G gm16 mod0 and a handful of mags and spare battery, a dpm south african assault vest that i got for silly cheap, belt and holster for a cyma cm030 when that turns up (both in 2 tone) just need some eye protection then i am good to go i think

maybe a cap to protect my meatball head ;)

Nope its bloody ugly. Guess what they say about beauty is in the eye of the beholder is true. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it though.

I see what you mean, but I love it. So far shooting the only mag I have is enough to wet myself with pure excitement. And thank you :D

As long as its gas powered, it'll be stupid fun to shoot... Once you turn to the dark side there's no going back...

It is a GBB, and I use Green Gas with it. So far it is a lovely gun, and in full auto, semi or burst it feels amazing. The charging handle is awesome. I've bought 5 more mags from Hong Kong. This will be main weapon for my CQB site. Shame about the 50rd capacity, but it is a bloody lovely gun. Thinking about how much I have spent so far, don't regret one penny.

Apart from... after examining it I believe it has been used... before me :( BUT THATS KAY I LUVZ it.

don't feel worthy after the last few posts but I bought an ACM / Lancer Tactical PT plate carrier and some Guarder grease off TaiwanGun for 27 quid

Don't say that! It's a piece of gear nonetheless and hopefully with some pouches and stuff it will look good.

Guest RektnNekt

I actually like the paintjob on it.

It is quite nice, just not too practical for the environments around me :)