The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Yeah, I have the flip cover it came with but I'll probably buy a shield for it asap. What's a good one to buy?

http://www.socomtactical.net/sights-scopes/acm-flip-up-scope-sight-protector-with-clear-and-yellow-lens.html

You can find them cheaper if you go on amazon or ebay but usually they are from china so will wait a couple of weeks.

Seen the optic shield BB protector things for £7 shipped on Ali Express. Expect it to take like three weeks but might come before next skirmish.

Actually try Ant Supplies too cos I think they're only about a tenner there.

Seen the optic shield BB protector things for £7 shipped on Ali Express. Expect it to take like three weeks but might come before next skirmish.

Actually try Ant Supplies too cos I think they're only about a tenner there.

They're on amazon, shipped from UK for £12.

• Root Admin

Flip up covers are naff. Get a polycarbonate one custom cut and fit it to the front by removing the lens retainer and dropping it in with an o-ring to offset it from the objective lens a little: You're looking at a fiver and 15 minutes of your time. Plus no one will be able to tell that you even have one.

• Supporters

cheap piston o-rings that seem to work (metric)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271015542147?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

bought some imperial ones that were supposed to be correct spec - nah not such a nice seal

Galaxy MP5k + some bits n bobs from Gunfire on its way

(shs pistons blue 3 steel tooth pistons + a couple of 50/50 ones, v2 switch ahh forgot rest but its more crap bits for spares box)

trying to go easy - well for the moment anyway

TM VSR G-Spec plus a couple of spare mags for it :-)

A purchase you will not regret.

Is it stock or upgraded?

I bought a Krytac SPR. Will be DMRing it.

Had nothing but trouble with battery space in the stock, its a small crane stock and frankly its poorly designed. Shoots like a dream out of the box however, puts everything else I have used to shame, the trigger response is just amazing. But I haven't skirmished it yet, trying to get details of what batteries other than tiny 1300mah crane batteries fit in it.

• Supporters

you "could" try 2 x stick or thin block batteries in parallel ???

2 x 1500mah 25c - cut and join 2 positives together then join 2 negatives together

3000mah 25c battery - still 25c you don't get a 50c burst - its still 25c but bigger capacity

This is not as perfect as a dedicated 3000mah lipo but if range/size options is a problem

then it is a possible consideration as you might source a battery for each crane/nunchuk "tube"

then link up 2 x 1000mah or 1300mah to make a better lasting capacity perhaps

(same battery types work best obviously if possible)

reckon this could be a starting point:

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=44772

now one twin stick could fit down one tube.....

so you could fit these down each tube

= 2 x 1200 = 2400mah 25c if linked in parallel

or just fit two batteries in stock and might be able to quickly swap over from one 1200 to other when gun slows down

should last you the morning - lunchtime replace - rinse and repeat etc......

but reckon if that battery don't fit in there then get another stock

• Supporters

Is there not enough room in the buffer tube for a battery? I haven't had to use a crane stock for storage since I was still using NiMh some years ago.

• Supporters

A&K M249 Mk1

Tokyo Marui Kimber Tactical Entry II

I think I'm going to stop buying for a while.

"for a while"...