The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

They are a bit of a bollock ache v2's

There are a couple of ways to route the wires in box and in grip

most go for the standard wire each side in box but if using much thicker wire and 2 x fet wire's say on a rear wired box

it can get a bit cramped by motor, so options are widen box at rear and run both motor wires down back, only fet wires go across motor entry in box

G&G default is to run two seperate wires out of both sides of box, then run both at back of grip rather than either side of motor

The DSG I ran both at back of box, both at back of grip, one laid low on negative terminal of motor, then positive ran the long way round motor on top of negative

Reason being there is a blank or plate on bottom of grip motor plate preventing a shorter direct route - could cut a groove but routed it as was allowed....

It did actually lay quite well - was pleased coz thought it would never fit in on such thicker wire - but it did go in there quite easily in the end - well reasonably easy

Still a bollock ache all the same, luckily there are a few options but yes you can solder on a v2 but is regarded as more of pain to remove & service box

where as v3's remove frame/motor cage, and you got access to box - even solder/desolder the switch wires without needing to open box

fitting a fet on a v3 & upgrade wire can all be done without opening the box - though as we know it don't hurt to crack it open and aoe,seals,grease to ensure she is fet & juice ready......

Yes only worked on a few v3's but I do like them as being a bit more user friendly to work on especially electrical wise & test purposes with motor cage on and test away

deffo an improvement on the older v2's in my humble opinion.

But that don't mean I prefer AK's over the Fords of Airsoft - M4's

(I ain't joining the dark side just yet but admit they got a better build/layout)

Just picked up a DPCU shirt (AUSCAM) for the start of my Australian loadout. Currently waiting to see if I can get some DPCU trousers from a fleebay seller in Australia as even with postage it works out cheaper then any other alternative I have seen so far. :unsure:

My custom Moonman patch arrived from Stitch Me Up earlier this week. Just got my hands on it today. Love it!

A1KUxAn.jpg

• Supporters

I want one that says "East Mids Death Squad" but so far I haven't been able to find anyone to design the logo - a hooded skeletal Death drawing the string of a longbow, but facing forwards so the arrow head is massive in forced perspective, not sideways like archers are almost always portrayed, but also not looking like a Scooby Doo villain...

I want one that says "East Mids Death Squad" but so far I haven't been able to find anyone to design the logo - a hooded skeletal Death drawing the string of a longbow, but facing forwards so the arrow head is massive in forced perspective, not sideways like archers are almost always portrayed, but also not looking like a Scooby Doo villain...

I've give it a crack for you mate. Could you email me a rough sketch so I've got an idea to work from?

• Supporters

Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock Recce rifle

Magpul AFG2

Magpul XTM rail panels

Marui swivel sling adapter

This is going to be an expensive project, glad i'm not doing the tech stuff :)

Im jealous. I keep looking at the Tm recoils but can never make my mind up which one I want.

• Supporters

Im jealous. I keep looking at the Tm recoils but can never make my mind up which one I want.

Yeah it was a tough choice but it was narrowed down by the fact I already have a HK416 and a load of PMAGs. I was leaning towards the SCAR but the Recce caught my eye, plan is to get an R Hop fitted plus a load of other internal work by Kingdom of Airsoft.

• Supporters

Yeah it was a tough choice but it was narrowed down by the fact I already have a HK416 and a load of PMAGs. I was leaning towards the SCAR but the Recce caught my eye, plan is to get an R Hop fitted plus a load of other internal work by Kingdom of Airsoft.

I love scar h and the 417 but the mags are huge on both which makes pouches a pain.

• Supporters

I like the HK417 but the long variant TM have chosen is not my cup of tea. I'd imagine it looks alright with something on the rails but it was off putting to me. I remember there being talk of TM releasing different variants but i'm too impulsive to hang around for that lol.

• Supporters

From ehobbyasia.com

SHS Metal Shim Set (Octagon / Circle / Copper Circle) Item Number SHS-SHIM $2.50 USD 1 $2.50 USD

RA-Tech Hop Up Stability (Cushion) General Type Item Number RAG-P-002 $7.00 USD 1 $7.00 USD SHS

Steel Gear Sector Clip (Delayer) Item Number SHS-DELAYER $2.50 USD 1 $2.50 USD

Discount -$0.60 USD 1 -$0.60 USD

Subtotal $11.40 USD

Postage and packaging $8.00 USD

Total $19.40 USD

• Supporters

I like the HK417 but the long variant TM have chosen is not my cup of tea. I'd imagine it looks alright with something on the rails but it was off putting to me. I remember there being talk of TM releasing different variants but i'm too impulsive to hang around for that lol.

It's only a week or so till their next product announcement, they're getting quicker at releasing stuff with every release so could be closer than you think ;)

Or we could be let down with a 'boys' 75% replica.

• Supporters

I've given in and bought two AFUK Patches, and I will momentarily be buying a custom patch with my emblem (my pic on here). I think Moonman Dan listed a good place a few posts back...

Just brought the F88A2 replica from Evert :) What I wanted to do with my A1 all along but he has already managed a dam fine job of it :D He has also been kind enough to throw in the DPCU trousers to go with the shirt which I missed this morning in the post :)

Cant wait to get it and my friend has asked if he could buy the A1 off me before I had even said if I was going to sell it or not :D

AUS2.jpgAUS1.jpg

Platatac SAS Windproof Smock arrived :)

Was $350 down to $50

Nice find - love this pattern but already have too much gear/camo haha