The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

I'm waiting for a delivery of

363mm tight bore barrel

M4 mid caps (box of 5)

Lonex G36 hop up

MTP ubacs

110mm dark earth suppressor (for my G36)

Should start arriving from today & over the next few days

• Supporters

Should look really good on it, I really like that style of sight- might get my hands on a VisionKing one soon!

Looked at the VK one but this scored on a few pointers, it's a 30mm objective lens (VK is only 26mm), it has a chevron and range indicator type reticle as opposed to the dot and T style (personal preference more than practicality to be honest) and for the same price as the VK alone it comes with the mount included.

WAS universal holster - its great one holster with mechanical retention for most of my sidearms.

vertical foregrip

maple leaf AEG hop - 70deg

finally got the last piece for my G5, so after a bit of trial and error to get the Maple Leaf Omega nub to sit right (at which point i realised its not actually a flat nub. the bottom is actually slightly concave, so i might need a Namazu nub for a proper flat hop, but we'll see how this goes) and its all together.

Now i just need to chrono the gun to see how the longer wider Orga barrel and different hop setup will affect the FPS. i dont know the bore diameter of the stock barrel, but i know that i have definitely installed a wider bore (6.23mm), but it is longer, so should cancel out a little of the FPS drop. if the FPS is less than about 320 ill have a go at a high output nozzle to see if i can get it to around 340. and ill resort to an adjustable nozzle if all else fails.

a quick chrono test later, and some bad news:

Using the Orga barrel in place of the stock barrel has reduced my muzzle velocity by around 50FPS, from a fairly consistent 295FPS on 0.25s to around 245 on the same ammo.

So, to add to my list:

GHK G5 high power nozzle

Xcortech 3300 chronograph so i can test the results without having to drive 20 miles to me nearest chrono :P

now all i need is a place to shoot to see the groupings at 20m+ and im golden, its a shame that theres nowhere in my garden that isnt overlooked by at least one property and the longest range i have inside is about 10m at best :(

• Supporters

a quick chrono test later, and some bad news:

Using the Orga barrel in place of the stock barrel has reduced my muzzle velocity by around 50FPS, from a fairly consistent 295FPS on 0.25s to around 245 on the same ammo.

So, to add to my list:

GHK G5 high power nozzle

Xcortech 3300 chronograph so i can test the results without having to drive 20 miles to me nearest chrono :P

now all i need is a place to shoot to see the groupings at 20m+ and im golden, its a shame that theres nowhere in my garden that isnt overlooked by at least one property and the longest range i have inside is about 10m at best :(

When you say Xcortech 3300 do you mean the x3300w chronograph/tracer scu system?

If thats what you have got just sneak outside in the middle of the night and user the tracer to check your groupings. All the neighbours will see is a bright green streak of bbs it will look like the worlds fastest fireflies.

When you say Xcortech 3300 do you mean the x3300w chronograph/tracer scu system?

If thats what you have got just sneak outside in the middle of the night and user the tracer to check your groupings. All the neighbours will see is a bright green streak of bbs it will look like the worlds fastest fireflies.

Sorry, i meant 3200. The fireflies will have to wait for another day :P

Send it back get a refund and buy the X3300W awesome bit of kit the chronograph function is very accurate. Best accessory I ever purchased.

the 3300 is damn expensive though, and ive never really been interested in tracer units. sure its handy to have a chrono attached to the gun, but i already have a supressor hiding the inner barrel extending past the outer barrel, so my barrel likely ends after the first sensor in the chrono if i were to fit a 3300 :(

• Supporters

16995985619_5166e222bf_h.jpg

Mostly swag.

• Crye/Drifire combat shirt
  • Four Guys Guns patches and Riflestash stickers
  • Rio Grande 'C Note' 1911 grips
  • Mil-Spec Monkey bottle pouch and patches
  • Custom adapter kit for use of modular panels on a plate carrier
  • Violent Little Machine shop 24c AR-15 trigger, patches and stickers
  • Grey Ghost Gear pack, grenade pouch and patch
  • EraThr3 t-shirts, patches and stickers (threw in a free note pad and poker chip, which is nice)
  • ALG Defense Ergonomic Modular Rail V1 M-LOK
  • ART-15 t-shirts and patch

So it looks like I've swapped my we scar gbbr for an m4a1 gbbr again by we....so come Tuesday Il be posting just my scar (no mags) off and on Friday ill receive the m4a1 with casv band guard, 2 slightly leaky mags, magwell grip, magpul pistol grip, and a random magpull. Its been locked to semi but its only the selector switch so he's including a new one so I can convert it back. Ive also purchased an npas for it, from milspec solutions, as well as a ddpm shirt, eotech clone and 2 magpulls from a mate....all in all pretty happy,now just waiting for it all to arrive, as well as looking for a cheap pair of ddpm trousers, and roll on the 3rd of may, the next time ill be able to skirmish!!

A six pack of Double Eagle M56 shotgun shells @ £13.99

Testing my shells last night and found that out of my thirteen ASG shells only six are feeding properly. Always had good results with the Double Eagle shells in the past so I'm ditching the non working ASG shells and replacing with these - only reason I went for ASG in the first place was because they were around £5 cheaper.

A six pack of Double Eagle M56 shotgun shells @ £13.99

Testing my shells last night and found that out of my thirteen ASG shells only six are feeding properly. Always had good results with the Double Eagle shells in the past so I'm ditching the non working ASG shells and replacing with these - only reason I went for ASG in the first place was because they were around £5 cheaper.

I thought ASG shells were just rebranded DE shells? Or am I mistaken?

• Supporters

Real Steel AK red dot sight - £77.00 posted + 2 x Weaver to Dovetail rail adapters £5.99 posted

11053322_943936912306430_627544958904893

...should go nicely on my new E&L AKS-74N

Just have to decide which side mount to fit it to. I want an old skool looking one rather than anything new and tacticool stylee, but they seem to have gone out of fashion...

I thought ASG shells were just rebranded DE shells? Or am I mistaken?

There's two sorts. ASG:

ASG-15920-2T.jpg?1423232195

Double Eagle:

m56c-shotgun-shell-magazine-pack-of-6-do

The ASG ones are darker in colour and also slightly thinner.

Eotech 552 clone £20

Ddpm trousers £15

Stubby tan foregrip £5

Tan m4 tdi stock £10

Black scar to m4 stock adaptor £10

45 degree iron sights £10

Also got a ddpm shirt, boonie and load of pouches for free from Tha lad I bought the eotech clone off 😁

my army surplus UBACS mk2 arrived today, i didnt realise they had padded sleeves :P

size medium was way too big for me, normally im somewhere between medium and Large, but i guess Armed Forces have larger fits :P

Viper modular day back pack

Olive Green belt

Utility Pouch (for mk 5s)

Dump pouch

Final touches to my outdoor olive set up....

Need to work on my SF inspired black loadout next!!