The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Where are condor selling gear in MTP? I've not seen any large after-market gear manufacturer producing stuff in genuine MTP cordura so far.

It's just Crye MC knockoff. The actual gear isn't bad quality.

edit: here's a comparison between my Condor MC rig and an issue MTP smock

nUYQ8t9.jpg

• Supporters

I wish retailers would stop doing that, the amount of kit they're labelling as MTP which isn't boggles the mind. Everything from apparel to rigs and pouches, it's incredibly mis-leading to a lot of consumers out there; especially when MC, MTP and all the MC-clones look so identical to the untrained eye.

So many people have come up to me and asked me to have a look at some of their 'MTP' gear when it's just an MC clone. I think it's unfair for retailers to incorrectly label MC clone camos as MTP.

Wow...so now ive sparked off a debate on what's what lol...erm...tbh its just a different colour to me...haven't a clue bout camo nor do I care to learn properly. But apologies for getting it wrong, didn't realise it wasn't legit stuff 😁

• Supporters

Wow...so now ive sparked off a debate on what's what lol...erm...tbh its just a different colour to me...haven't a clue bout camo nor do I care to learn properly. But apologies for getting it wrong, didn't realise it wasn't legit stuff

Not a debate at all, just pointing out some bad retail practices that exist with gear stores. Nothing to apologise for either, you didn't do anything wrong.

Hahaha sp00n, my buddy spent a few quid in a 2p machine to win a box of them for my daughter, only to eventually win and realise she was 10 months old....lol

Chris, ta bud, didn't realise the difference between mtp and MC, can tell now that my rig is purely mc only

Just got my 4xacog from Hong Kong and pleasantly surprised. All metal, heavy and clear sight picture all for £35. Also got a double eagle 56 coming cos it was £35 and I couldn't resist some pump action.......

AirsoftPro hop lever for Well VSR series @ £17 from ASPUK

Hopefully this curbs the annoying habit my rifle has recently developed of curving shots to right at the end of each shot. -.-'

• Supporters

In a semi-delerious state I accidentally bought a Russian 'Mabuta' uniform, which is pretty rare these days even for a good reproduction of the original KGB Special Units' sand coloured battle dress. Got it in size 54-5, if anyone is interested in getting something similar, which should fit me perfectly (42" chest, 37" waist, 5'10" tall with long arms) - paid US$103.00 posted from a Russian fleabayer...

Plus I also bought an Asura Dynamics B10 lower handguard RIS for AK's for exactly US$100.00 posted, from a HK fleabayer...

$_57.JPG

...This 'Mabuta' is very similar to those worn by the KGB 'Zenit' Group who were responsible for the raid codenamed "333 Storm",

which is what began the Soviet-Afghan war, as it included storming the presidential palace.

The only difference is that it lacks the front facing thigh pockets on the trousers,

going instead for the traditional BDU-type pocket placement.

Note however that it does include the 'secret pocket' for a fighting knife in a sheath.

$_57.JPG

...this is destined for my tricked-out tacticool RPK, which is TDB BTW!

Orga Magnus 6.23mm by 260mm barrel for my G5

No-Brand supressor cover the longer barrel

Prommy purple bucking

Maple leaf Omega nub

The orga barrel has a neat trick that you can convert the gun to a flat hop by just assembling the bucking differently around the barrel. i am planning to try this in my G5 and see if the flat hop is any better than my previous setup of Madbull blue bucking with a H nub in there.

at my last skirmish i bumped into a few guys, one using a GBB 416 like it was a DMR, so i not have a reinvigorated optimism that GBBs can be accurate!

• Supporters

I also went for the amazon.co.uk deal of £1.90 for 500 fun snaps so thanks for the heads up on that :lol:

We shall soon find out if it is possible to muzzle load and shoot them out of an airsoft gun of some description, without setting them off in the barrel, so they bang on contact with their targets :)

tactical-tailor-modular-tear-away-panel-

+ rip off velcro/molle panel = £25 posted from TacticalKitUK

Edited by Ian_Gere
moar stuff!

I just bought a set as well, i bet theyll make a nice distraction at least...

could a TAG innovation launcher throw these? Or maybe an old skool slingshot :P

• Supporters

Or a MOSCART to fire 6 at once!

• Supporters

I just bought an E&L AK-74MN with 3 E&L mid cap mags for £225 posted from Ireland! Get in there my son!

And a SSO 1st Aid pouch for €16 posted from Europe too.

Edited by Ian_Gere
and it's so fucking new it hasn't even been downgraded yet!

• Supporters

I've bought:

Large can of 144a gas

£20 worth of electrical parts for AEGs

Magpul RVG fore-grip for my MP7

I just bought a paper and a cup of tea lol

• Supporters

Pt I had seen that, bloody good price for what you got mate.

I'm thinking bout getting a 1911 again, means selling the px4 though

Keep the PX4, mate - they are way more accurate than a thin frame thing with a long barrel like a 1911, where every slightest off-centre trigger pressure translates into millimetres of muzzle movement and hence feet of windage at target ranges...

Just received a Condor Hydration Pack after Paypal gave me a tenner off.

Also bought a new radio headset for my Motorola, double pin. So I needed an adapter to change it to one pin, but it doesn't fit. Woo