The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Guest PT247

tenuous airsoft relationship.... it will be my transport to get to skirmishes the next couple of years till the Fiesta RS is launched! :D

10950_10152684211701820_4148575736920005

Guest PT247

£374 ?! how old is it? for that price i hope brand new!

The front rail is almost £200 iirc so price is fair if the rest of the gun is in good nick! :-)

• Supporters

The front rail is almost £200 iirc so price is fair if the rest of the gun is in good nick! :-)

i hate to be the bear'er of bad news, if its the madbull DD rail they are £80 iirc, then you would need the ICS fitting kit £20 - £30 on top so over the £100 mark for the front rail.

its not a bad deal when you include the sight (and dependent upon any upgrades/extra's etc) and (like you said) if its in good nick B)

the front rail isnt £200... you can get them for £80 or even £60-70 second hand.

I'm not sure if he was telling the truth or not, I haven't got the gun yet to check, but he said the RIS was a genuine DD Rail, and as you can see the mount and the ACOG are there too, which is always nice. Always wanted an ACOG but never bothered to fork out for a decent one. He also said that he had some upgrades to the internals, but I'm not much of a tech guy so it kind of went over my head. :lol:

The rest, he said, was in very good condition (Everyone says that to be fair lol) So we will see next week, might do a follow up post or something, I'm very excited to get it. I'm just worried that I'll have to wait until NAE or something to actually use it, because I'm busy with other stuff for the time being. :(

a genuine DD can cost between £150-£250 dependent on supply, so, if it isn't the madbull clone, it could be a good price, for a good piece of kit.

• Supporters

The minute something is sold by a retailer who provides a warranty, nay the second, unless it is very rare, it drops in value to between a 2/3rds and half of its sale price from the cheapest source including shipping, depending on how reliable it is and/or how long the warranty lasts / what it covers, simply because a warranty doesn't follow the item, it is a separate contract between the retailer and original buyer (so a really comprehensive long warranty drives the 2nd hand price way down, as if not you may as well save up the bit more and get a new one). Unless the internal upgrades and tuning are special and depending on how many mags, i'd put the value of that ICS L85A2 at about £320 tops. However airsoft guns seem to have a mystique about them to some people, so they will insist on believing that they can add up the cost of everything they ever spent on them, including postage, knock off a tenner and that's the used price... :lol: and the bigger laugh is that some people are willing to pay it. Airsoft is well overdue for some concerted skinflintery IMO...

I'm not sure if he was telling the truth or not, I haven't got the gun yet to check, but he said the RIS was a genuine DD Rail, and as you can see the mount and the ACOG are there too, which is always nice. Always wanted an ACOG but never bothered to fork out for a decent one. He also said that he had some upgrades to the internals, but I'm not much of a tech guy so it kind of went over my head. :lol:

The rest, he said, was in very good condition (Everyone says that to be fair lol) So we will see next week, might do a follow up post or something, I'm very excited to get it. I'm just worried that I'll have to wait until NAE or something to actually use it, because I'm busy with other stuff for the time being. :(

If everything he said is true then its possible its worth that, but the DD rail will need to be genuine which isnt easy to get hold of nowadays, also the ACOG will need to be a really good quality one and also the internal upgrades will need to be decent ones. But hey if you have the money bro good for you! :) if your happy to pay that there's no problem really, its just thats a bit pricey for me i would of gotten it down to £325-£350 depending on list of upgrades, proof of genuine DD rail, my L85 was swapped for a pistol that was selling for £190 and a new L85 is worth £300 so i got a steal i had to transufur £50 but thats still £60 off considering it was a New L85. Good luck mate with the L85, i will PM you a facebook group to join for advice and any L85 stuff that you want to buy or talk about with anyone its one that Ed recommended to me :)

I have bought a lot of stuff recently,

JG BAR 10 £77 from Taiwan gun :ph34r:

DangerWerx High Engagement Hop up lever, type-b - £22 from ASPUK :ph34r:

Some finger-less gloves with padded knuckles - £12

Mesh goggles because i want to try out mesh -£7 B)

CVLIFE 3-9-40x scope, seems like a bargain for £18

Rifle wrap tape x 2 £8 :ph34r:

Viper belt - £9

some guarder .3's - £5

huge gun back (fits the vsr and my g33 and my m9 with all my 6 mags) from tawain gun for about £17

20mm vsr 10 rail - £18~ :( soo expensive

going to buy an EZ trigger when itsin stock at ASPUK and cylinder and upgrade to a M150 spring for 500fps :o

The minute something is sold by a retailer who provides a warranty, nay the second, unless it is very rare, it drops in value to between a 2/3rds and half of its sale price from the cheapest source including shipping, depending on how reliable it is and/or how long the warranty lasts / what it covers, simply because a warranty doesn't follow the item, it is a separate contract between the retailer and original buyer (so a really comprehensive long warranty drives the 2nd hand price way down, as if not you may as well save up the bit more and get a new one). Unless the internal upgrades and tuning are special and depending on how many mags, i'd put the value of that ICS L85A2 at about £320 tops. However airsoft guns seem to have a mystique about them to some people, so they will insist on believing that they can add up the cost of everything they ever spent on them, including postage, knock off a tenner and that's the used price... :lol: and the bigger laugh is that some people are willing to pay it. Airsoft is well overdue for some concerted skinflintery IMO...

I understand your points and agree mostly. The guy seemed to really have wanted more than what I paid him but I told him I would pay £330 all in. He wasn't having it so I gave in after a few days of chatting with the man and went for £350 for the gun, the other money was for postage and for paypal fees. (the fees are always worth paying I suppose, for safety) and postage because I don't drive and don't know anyone willing to drive me 2 hours to get me a toy gun lol.

I plan on reducing my collection soon aswell so the sales of those 3 or 4 AEGs would basically cover the cost of this whole gun anyway, which I'm okay with.

edit: Regarding the "knock a tenner off" bit, yeah I don't understand people who do that, that's dumb, but this one wasn't really the same case, otherwise I probably would have just put it together myself. I'm not so bothered with this purchase, I'm getting something I want, the seller gets his money, everyone involved directly, seems happy enough to go on with their lives.

I bought food for my sons 14 birthday tomorrow (29/03) which is also a game day at portishead

Bring on the shooting mwaaaaahahahaha :)

A metre long piece of pipe insulation foam for 50p

Already cut to strips to fill up the stock of my sniper to reduce vibration and subsequently make it quieter.

Also a black hoodie (£5) for tomorrow's game since my other one got shredded last game I went to.

Action Army VSR Silencer Adapter - £9.95

CYMA 150 rd AK47 mid cap - £9.95

From Airsoft World.

• Supporters

Hahahahaha.

Care package from Mr Rogers came today. Really excited, the 578 holsters are really nice; he even sent a few extras so I can sell those to anyone who is interested. 578s are sized by length.

Got from him:

1x small Safariland 578 left side holster pod (tan)

1x medium Safariland 578 right side holster pod (tan)

1x medium Safariland 578 left side holster pod (tan)

Eotech 552 holographic sight (the real one, holy cow)

1x Safariland torch with pressure pad

1x Safariland single point sling attachment + mount and sling

1x Safariland single point sling attachment + mount

1x Safariland single point sling attachment

2x Safariland universal magazine belt mounts (black)

1x Safariland Allen Key attachment

Length of foliage green paracord

Care packages!

*image*

Let me know how the ASG mags are once you've used them a bit please mate. Been interested in some of the them, but the price is a put off and an attraction at the same time :lol:

Just ordered a 551 EOTech replica for my UMG. I'll post pics as soon as I get home and fit it.

Interesting fact: This is the first accessory- other than magazines- that I have bought for my own rifle

Here's some of the retailer's images.
JlPFAlF.png

BOPJ07c.png

A box of bits from Taiwangun, INCLUDING A HARD RETENTION HOLSTER THAT FITS THE TM GLOCK Halelluja! It has oOnly a year looking for one and nearly losing it three times.

And stupidly they have been available for soooo long. The standard ACM serpa clones just need a few minuted in the oven to soften up, then slide the glock in and leave it overnight to cool and it fits like a glove.

Let me know how the ASG mags are once you've used them a bit please mate. Been interested in some of the them, but the price is a put off and an attraction at the same time :lol:

Quick update; mags shooting excellent in my upgraded g&g. They slide in and out of the mag well smoothy and when in the gun hardly any wobble. So far so good.