The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just bought a Sig 226 Gas pistol. It was cheap but decent, I'll probably give it to my mate, who's just getting into airsoft; the Sig 226 is his favourite pistol.

Which make Chock? How much and from where? Been thinking of one myself . . . . :)

Oh it's only one of those thirty quid non blowback HFC ones from some ropey BB site. Nothing to get excited about, although they are actually not that bad, I've fired one that belonged to someone else a few times and thought it was okay.

• Supporters

My purchase for the day....a TM mk23 socom with LAM unit, 2 mags (one has its mag lips broken) and case....its the nbb one hut for 20 quid I cant complain really...haha

very nice, fire support has the ASG (TM clone) MK23 mag lips in stock ;)

• Supporters

OK, so what did I just buy... just spent just over £100 on a vsr rail for my W700 bolt action rifle, a new mag for my WE P226 GBB, a rubber knife for teh lulz at The Mall, a TM upgrade spring for my WE G17 GBB to give it some more kick, some new eyewear, as I dont like my one piece mask, a lower face gaurd that doesnt work well at all... didnt realise that it is meant to be worn with earpro i think, which i dont have... Also got a scope off one of this site's parts sales, and am planning to buy a dynatex timed gernade and some caps for it, as well as a different lower mesh mask... Anyone know a good mesh lower face mask in black that works with smaller mesh goggles?

• Supporters

OK, so what did I just buy... just spent just over £100 on a vsr rail for my W700 bolt action rifle, a new mag for my WE P226 GBB, a rubber knife for teh lulz at The Mall, a TM upgrade spring for my WE G17 GBB to give it some more kick, some new eyewear, as I dont like my one piece mask, a lower face gaurd that doesnt work well at all... didnt realise that it is meant to be worn with earpro i think, which i dont have... Also got a scope off one of this site's parts sales, and am planning to buy a dynatex timed gernade and some caps for it, as well as a different lower mesh mask... Anyone know a good mesh lower face mask in black that works with smaller mesh goggles?

This:

$(KGrHqN,!jUFDqhRR46VBQ9SRMcLJg~~60_12.J

Then add velcro and pads to the cheekbone areas like this:

IMAG0336.jpg

The velcro on the nose bit is because my nose is big enough to rub on the mesh, so the velcro loops are more comfortable.

I forgot to post what I just bought yesterday as I was faffing about building my hi-cap..... WE reflex sight for my G5 and a replacement magazine spring for my G17 as I launched the original up the range while trying to put in a CO2 cartridge on Sunday lol

Also last night ordered a GHK M4 magazine case as although I am sure I can get the issues I am having sorted with the case from the hi-cap, I really want the magazine to be reliable so it needs to fit in the magwell perfectly. I may still work on the case I have been using to try getting it reliable as I prefer p-mags to stanags.

• Supporters

This:

$(KGrHqN,!jUFDqhRR46VBQ9SRMcLJg~~60_12.J

Then add velcro and pads to the cheekbone areas like this:

IMAG0336.jpg

The velcro on the nose bit is because my nose is big enough to rub on the mesh, so the velcro loops are more comfortable.

yea, have that one in my cart already, but wasnt sure if it would fit me well... but ill go ahead and get it

• Supporters

yea, have that one inmmy cart already, but wasnt sure if it would fit me well... but ill go ahead and get it

I made the pads out of a couple of bits of camping mat covered in some nylon. The velcro makes it easy to wash them, because if you just stick some foam to the inside, as I did with my first attempt woodland colour mask, it absorbs sweat and stinks but is a right ballache to actually clean. The pads move the edge of the mask out a bit so you can wear pretty much any eyepro and it wont cause problems with the mutual fit.

Tip: stitch the the velcro to the cloth before sewing the shape of the cover.

So here are the pics of the socom, put a bit of gas in one mag a minute ago and wow...i love it haha. Thinking of building a loadout based solely around it now haha!!

WP_20150211_001.jpg WP_20150211_003.jpg

Congratulations on getting one of the best pistols you'll ever own mate haha

I have a loadout based around my socom - think Sam Fisher's loadout from Splinter Cell: Conviction but with the MK23 instead of his FN. Very fun for CQB sites.

On topic:

Recently brought some more jute, spray paint and old camo trousers. Going to revisit my ghillie project.

It is literally just a pullover jumper, black combat trousers, a single sling molle bag, holster, mag pouches on my belt and rubber knife. Simplest loadout in my collection naturally and also means I don't spend forever kitting up in the safe zone. Recently found out the bag I use is big enough to hold my new kwa vz61, so that is there if I need to "go loud" but 90% of the time the pistol and some sneakiness is enough - especially at night games.

No pics though since I never seem to be around where the cameras are when using it. Proper splinter cell style - I'm just that good (I wish haha).

Viper universal holster at the moment, but I'm getting one of these:

http://www.tinywind.com/tactical-universal-pistol-drop-right-hand-holster-typhon-camo-p-13941.html

Wraps around the pistol so can usually accommodate most pistols. Very handy considering the size of the mk23

• Supporters

I've been doing some T&E for a small spanish holster company that do airsoft Mk23 specific kydex rigs; Phoenix Tactical on facebook. The main business is actually D'Eagle and Mk23 holsters.

Don't think they're very cheap but they're custom hand made and work very nicely. Thought I'd mention it for the readers & lurkers out there, I know a lot of airsoft guns are rather poorly served in the holster department.

Bought a bottle of propane from Amazonia in case i use more than expected over this weekend (two days, one of them at an indoor site which is very fast-paced), spent £7 thinking i had a good deal.

two bottles were in the box :D

thats 4 times the usage of green gas for less than one bottle cost

Ordered a new set of magpul mbus for my CQBR.

And also picked up my new team camo. Full set of Vertx Kryptek Highlander.

9F972AB8-DF9A-406F-A59D-3488783B8EA2.png

Will get a decent Loadout picture on Sunday and show you all.

• Supporters

I've been doing some T&E for a small spanish holster company that do airsoft Mk23 specific kydex rigs; Phoenix Tactical on facebook. The main business is actually D'Eagle and Mk23 holsters.

Don't think they're very cheap but they're custom hand made and work very nicely. Thought I'd mention it for the readers & lurkers out there, I know a lot of airsoft guns are rather poorly served in the holster department.

Yea, guns here are great; holsters are crap. Kydex holsters are great, thats what Safariland's are made of.

not airsoft but pc, I don't know if it is allowed so if not just tell me

[redacted] this would be me telling you

most amount I have ever spent, bloody hell I am excited :D

Edited by Ian_Gere
not airsoft related