The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Oh nice one, actually checked their new releases just last night so must have just missed it.

I saw it and the 417 on their Facebook page today and though why not?

Was going to get a 417 but as tm call it the 'early variant' I've decided not to jump the gun and see if their next wave of releases contains another version. Failing that I'll go for one of the current ones :D

TK order arrived

Went for the Large size hoodie as recommended (by Haley Strategic)

Slightly baggy on the arms (for me anyway) maybe would have been a better fit in Medium but I'm not dissapointed.

Sticker pack is annoying though as all the white space is part of the sticker :| so I will have to cut them out more myself?

image.jpgdragon.jpg

• Supporters

I should think if you make sure to get a torch with a decent reflector, so it has good range with a normal bulb, preferably one of those with a sleeve which gives it a focusing function which can narrow the beam, then swap the regular bulb for an IR bulb, then there's no discernible reason why that should not give you quite good long range IR illumination. Even the crappy IR binoculars which I have can see stuff a long way out, so tweaking a set up for range with some proper decent stuff is bound to do better.

Yeah tbh, apart from a tiny AAA Maglite, I don't have any 'normal (by which i take it you mean with an incandescant bulb?)' torches - i've been using LED ones for years. Having built a 'firefly' type flashing IR LED unit, I have doubts about the power output, but I spose there must be better IR sources and somebody must still be making 'normal' torches...

As far as I know IR laser near the visible spectrum can do permanent damage to the eyes. The military ones are mostly eye safe I think.

IR radiation is inherently less powerful than visible light, as it has a longer wavelength. It CAN be damaging enough, but if it doesnt come plastered with laser warnings and a disclaimer, it is not likely powerful enough to cause damage.

Its like visible lasers, some can damage eyes, some cant, just check the power is less than 1mW and it should be fine (unless you stare at it)

The rating on the IR laser module I have is <0.5mW, similar to the usual red laser pointer you might use as a visual aid in a lecture and those which have been adapted from that use to airsoft. Military/Law Enforcement target painting lasers, whatever colour not just green, are rated for higher output - iirc about 5mW or 10x the civilian use ones.

Can you not fit a tracer unit to zero the sights then remove it for gameplay?

Great idea! Except that I haven't seen any tracer BB's heavier than 0.25g and I use 0.3g in my SVD, so I'd have to reset the hop and lose the zero...

• Supporters

Real steel surplus Czech army vz61 wooden grip. $25 from the US (with shipping) which works out so much cheaper than buying a replica grip for some reason.

Brought it because I don't like the black grip on my vz61 - wooden looks so much nicer :D

What are you going to do with the battery?

The rating on the IR laser module I have is <0.5mW, similar to the usual red laser pointer you might use as a visual aid in a lecture and those which have been adapted from that use to airsoft. Military/Law Enforcement target painting lasers, whatever colour not just green, are rated for higher output - iirc about 5mW or 10x the civilian use ones.

<0.5mW is near harmless unless you have a troubled child in that lecture who just wants to stare at the pretty light. the lasers i use at work have a power between 1 and 2 mW, in order to project a pointer through daylight over long distances, and reflect off imperfect surfaces, and then be seen back from where they originate, so much more than a glance at the light can start to damage the eyes, and the troubled child from before may end up clinicaly blind

if you manage to find a consumer laser for airsoft as powerful as the ones in the instruments i use, then you've done well. i doubt any NV system needs more than a 0.5mW laser to be visible

• Supporters

Sticker pack is annoying though as all the white space is part of the sticker :| so I will have to cut them out more myself?

Cut the stickers out yourself? What age group is it for? For ages 8-10 - Do not use scissors without permission of parent or guardian...?

Cut the stickers out yourself? What age group is it for? For ages 8-10 - Do not use scissors without permission of parent or guardian...?

haha :)<_<

Doesn't matter anyway I was just being stupid... (there's like a layer of vinyl film over it and you stick it down then remove)

Have been on the spend again....

Just received the gun back from Fire Support, all internals have been upgraded to bring the FPS up to 345 as out of the box as standard was firing 298 fps.

The brief was that I wanted a little more range & a little more powerful so the upgrades should do the trick.

Complementing the new upgrades, I decided to treat myself to an Elcan Specter DR sight (Replica) courtesy of Blackwolvesairsoft. - That's right... Another sight /scope!

I will be putting the gun through it's paces on Sunday, looking forward to it seeing the results accordingly!

post-9923-0-26980000-1422547129_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-97127100-1422547129_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-60092300-1422547130_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-54573200-1422547131_thumb.jpg

Used the money from gear/gun/eBay sales to buy two 40 round kwa vz61 magazines and a bottle of gas from Milspec Solutions.

Brings me to 3 extended mags and 1 short mag - 140 rounds total. Enough to be skirmishable as long as I don't get too trigger happy haha

5 czech belt loops and a m60 backpack with straps.

CSLA 1960s impression is now 90 % complete - just need a shovel, canteen and vz58 (when ones released haha).

• Supporters

As far as I know IR laser near the visible spectrum can do permanent damage to the eyes. The military ones are mostly eye safe I think.

Completely the other way round, a PEQ15 even in 'training' mode can cause permanent eye damage with sustained exposure (5mW!!!), on high power it doesn't take sustained exposure at all, the LA-5 especially with a 50mW (100x more powerful than 'eye safe') is extremely dangerous.

IR lasers are especially dangerous because they're invisible they produce no blink reflex and the person being blinded has no idea it's even happening!