The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Thanks for the help on the gear guys and yes the VSR copy is manufactured by Swiss Arms, a cheap knock off C02 version, the canister goes in the bolt out of the box and they shoot over 800 FPS when purchased they are meant to be downgraded but mine wasn't done enough so I couldn't use it I really appreciate the gear help though. Also I really need to get buying some real stuff instead of cheap crap off Amazon I had a viper ubacs shirt and I hated the arms, attached or detached they felt so bulky so I gave it away but I now will get ordering.

Oh and i'm not putting anything else on the M16 its heavy enough. I have some rail covers to put on

I took the foam inserts out of my sleeves and shoulders, irritating to hell but now its more comfy

I've noticed that MTP can be surprisingly effective on lighter nights when the moon's out, and it doesn't limit you to the shadows as much as DPM would- in the daytime it's all subjective as to the terrain it's used on. Some training areas around Bordon/Aldershot way as well as some aspects of Salisbury plain are very sandy or have lighter soil, making MTP more effective- however it would be nowhere near as good in the Welsh valleys or the Scottish highlands.

At a stretch it might be effective in Lincolnshire and other corn growing areas.

• Supporters

I'm busy plotting my order to use that offer too

wow, even at full price that is good. Have bookmarked that for when my wallet is healthier! ty @Ian

Shame they want $90+ dollars for kryptek trousers!

For BDU I bought from a Russian company called Magellan. It looks like Kryptec Typhon but they call it "Python Night". They also do a knock off of Nomad and one with colours similar to Highlander. You can see the catalogue here. I paid €93 all in for an MPA-21 (because my original choice MPA-23 was not available at the time of ordering).

There is a ban on export of military items from Russia atm (although many companies are blatantly ignoring that and my 2 parcels from profarmy.ru got through just fine) so my contact bought directly from the manufacturer and had it shipped to a friend, who then drove it (along with several other items as it's his business) to Latvia, from where it was posted to me with no fear of being interfered with by Customs.

If anyone is interested in ordering from Aleksejs, pm me and i'll give you his deets. He is able to get stuff from Russian sites which do not offer shipping to the UK also and/or help with finding things which a lack of Russian language skillz is making hard to find.

• Supporters

Which? The Ushanka or the boots?

The Ushanka was a regular biddable item someone had listed.

The jack boots I brought off Sfrankish. Has a lot of your older surplus gear on there from a mix of countries.

The boots, but it seems he has run out :( ho hum...

He does get some great stuff though.

The boots, but it seems he has run out :( ho hum...

He does get some great stuff though.

Pretty good quality the ones I got - just needed a quick polish and they looked like new. Barely any scuff marks/wear on them.

Nothing like buying a new gun to make you feel better about being skint! (roll on payday so my OD can recover lol) :D

19414.jpeg

Bit of internet surfing and found it posted for less than ehobby asia are selling just the gun! :-)

• Supporters

1) Tactical-1-5-5mw-Rifle-font-b-Airsoft-b-Airsoft Red laser sight = £13.40 posted ~ aliexpress.com

2) Maple_Leaf_Monster_Hop_Rubber_for_AEG_60Maple Leaf Monster Hop Rubber for AEG 60 Deg x 2 = £16 + £2.55 Signed For Shipping ~ milspecsolutions.co.uk

1) I've bought this because it has turrets for windage and elevation adjustment - I intend to replace the red laser diode inside it with an IR laser module I've had lurking in my bits box for ages. The turrets will allow me to zero it in the dark, using my NVG, without having to use any tiny hex keys, which would surely be a high probability candidate for making a bid for freedom... I'm hoping it will be so easy to adjust that it will allow me to plot up in the dark with my SVD in good cover and take a few practice shots to adjust the laser to point bang on the distance to the target zone. Then I'll be able to really piss people off by camping well out of range, quite probably completely unseen, and pick people off at will, muahahahaaaa!

The problem with this projected scenario is being able to see my BB's in flight out to Svetlana's max effective range of about 95m, because i'm not at all sure that the Dr. Who-esque Soviet IR illuminator I have will actually shine that far. I was thinking of trying to get a filter for one of my zoomable torches, but I dunno if Cree T6 XM-L LED's produce enough IR along with their white light output for this to work. I'm loath to part with the kind of cash that dedicated IR illuminators tend to go for though, so it will need to be a bodge of some description. Maybe an IR diode hot glued in place of the Cree in a zoomable torch. What do those of you who have used NV gear reckon?

2) The last Maple Leaf 60 degree rubber I bought was for Svetlana, but it turned out that the 0.4/0.43g BB's I wanted it to lift would not work with her PDI barrel, so it ended up as spare. On Saturday I fitted it and an H-Nub into Bottledtorment's G36KV and, even though the FPS is low (308 on 0.2g's), the flat trajectory it produces is apparently about 40m; shots which he described as like a laser. It's unfortunate that he got me in the out-to-lunch phase of a cycle of pain vs meds vs no sleep cycle_arrow_symbol.jpg rinse and repeat until crash and burn :lol: or I'd have sorted out the FPS too, but the hop results speak for themselves... I haven't actually fired it outside so I still can't swear to their efficacy, but I'm taking his word for it. Besides I haven't seen anywhere stocking Prometheus Purple (soft) rubbers for a while :(

I should think if you make sure to get a torch with a decent reflector, so it has good range with a normal bulb, preferably one of those with a sleeve which gives it a focusing function which can narrow the beam, then swap the regular bulb for an IR bulb, then there's no discernible reason why that should not give you quite good long range IR illumination. Even the crappy IR binoculars which I have can see stuff a long way out, so tweaking a set up for range with some proper decent stuff is bound to do better.

• Supporters

1) I've bought this because it has turrets for windage and elevation adjustment - I intend to replace the red laser diode inside it with an IR laser module

As far as I know IR laser near the visible spectrum can do permanent damage to the eyes. The military ones are mostly eye safe I think.

As far as I know IR laser near the visible spectrum can do permanent damage to the eyes. The military ones are mostly eye safe I think.

IR radiation is inherently less powerful than visible light, as it has a longer wavelength. It CAN be damaging enough, but if it doesnt come plastered with laser warnings and a disclaimer, it is not likely powerful enough to cause damage.

Its like visible lasers, some can damage eyes, some cant, just check the power is less than 1mW and it should be fine (unless you stare at it)

Real steel surplus Czech army vz61 wooden grip. $25 from the US (with shipping) which works out so much cheaper than buying a replica grip for some reason.

Brought it because I don't like the black grip on my vz61 - wooden looks so much nicer :D