The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

EP3's are not too bad, but tbh all multi-chamber stylee plugs suffer from 2 major drawbacks - 1) they are only as effective as their fit in your ear'ole allows, so do not be afraid to modify them to make sure that they do go right inside, so that those flanges make good contact with the walls of your ear canal forming completely enclosed chambers inside, and 2) the more effective they are, the less you will be able to understand speech, because they attenuate upper frequencies much more than lower, which is the area where the sounds which distinguish consonants fall, such as the difference between the plosives "P" and "B"...

If you are serious about ear protection, you need to have plugs tailor made for your ears. I use these. They are very comfortable and give around -30dB protection. However they are still useless against low bass and subsonics, so you should still do your best to avoid being in rooms with pyros...

These are made with Hocks Noise Brakers http://www.hocksproducts.com/hocks_noise_braker%C2%AE so they claim to reduce high SPL sounds while still allowing normal hearing of speech. We'll see. If that doesn't pan out I'll be looking at the Peltor electronic 6S ear defenders which I know work well having used some for shooting.

http://imgur.com/97dLJ6F

Received my tactical tailor operators cap a few weeks ago, this morning my softshell jacket arrived from aliexpress for £27. Actually I was surprised by quality.

Tactical Dalmatian as well haha

Just purchased a new pair of Czech Army jack boots to replace my old (read: finally disintegrated) ones. Size larger than I usually wear but at £15 I couldn't pass it up. Also got a new Czech ushanka to go with them for the back breaking price of 99p (gotta love eBay) with £2 postage.

Just picked up a new Emerson kryptec highlander fast helmet cover and an eagle6 m90 spring for my TM CQBR.

Trying to sell off kit I never use to fund my new team camo.

Just purchased my Warrior Assault Systems DCS OD Plate Carrier with 3 quick mags. Should hopefully be with me in a few days. This will be the beginning of my loadout (will try and get some A-Tacs FG clothing in the near future)! :D Also gonna get some velcro patches soon.

Quick Q: Does anyone know where I can get a custom velcro name patch for cheap?

• Supporters

Just purchased my Warrior Assault Systems DCS OD Plate Carrier with 3 quick mags. Should hopefully be with me in a few days. This will be the beginning of my loadout (will try and get some A-Tacs FG clothing in the near future)! :D Also gonna get some velcro patches soon.

Stitch Me Up

https://www.facebook.com/stitchmeup.biz?fref=ts

Bought my first set of pyro (mk.3's & a blue smoke grenade) esterday at red1. The first one I threw into a doorway, but it managed to hit the top left corner of the door frame before bouncing back towards me. I've never ran so fast in my life...

From a MK3? You big girls blouse.

Indeed, try having a mk5 go off at your feet when youre stood in a short corridor. I had never experienced temporary hearing loss before then... Quite a surreal experience

• Supporters

Indeed, try having a mk5 go off at your feet when youre stood in a short corridor. I had never experienced temporary hearing loss before then... Quite a surreal experience

Been there, done that, got the tinnitus to prove it.

One of my first trips to the Mall I was coming up a set of stairs into the back of one of the shops. There was a small (6'x8') room at the top where there would have been a couple of doors originally. In the ensuing melee, three BFGs and two Mk5s came into the room and went off near simultaneously. That was fun.

From a MK3? You big girls blouse.

More like "don't want to use up my one limited respawn" :P

Funny that, last game of the day and everyone wanted to use up their last bits of pyro. Everything was being thrown and one of those ball grenades blew up by my feet, that made my ears ring for a while.

My regular site has a remote control... I hesitate to call it a car, but anyway it gets rigged up with crow scarers. Forget your mk5s, those are properly loud.

I must see a video of this scaring the shit out of a newbie, does it have a first person camera for getting around?

• Supporters

Tactical Dalmatian as well haha

Just purchased a new pair of Czech Army jack boots to replace my old (read: finally disintegrated) ones. Size larger than I usually wear but at £15 I couldn't pass it up. Also got a new Czech ushanka to go with them for the back breaking price of 99p (gotta love eBay) with £2 postage.

If that was from a supplier, please share :prayinghands:

I wouldn't say tactical I'd probably say stupid

In airsoft "tactical" and "stupid" mean the same thing usually.

Also gonna get some velcro patches soon.

Agreed re Stitch MeUp, but also Chock is right about simple name tags - they are cheaper from places that supply cadets and/or serving military. Often it is cheaper to buy a set of 3 than 2 individually, but bear in mind that official ZAP Patches etc are often supplied with stitching done with IRR thread which is considerably more expensive than standard thread. You may also save money in the longterm buy having them done on plain OD backgrounds, because OD goes with any colour of BDU's or gear you may get at some point in the future, whereas tan doesn't look right on green based camo, black doesn't look right on tan based camo, MTP doesn't look right on black, DPM, flecktarn, Kryptek, or digital camo of any description.

Re: patches in general - you know what you need? One of these!

Try a 12g blank posted into a small breeze lock room... Glad I was wearing ear protection, the other bloke in there looked like he'd been punched.

Yeah and have you seen those 'door mines'? They come as standard to take 12 gauge blanks, so designed to be placed right where there is least room, coming through a doorway, so you're guaranteed to be right next to the bloody thing when it goes off!

My JG A47 arrived in the post yesterday. Quite nice when you actually have hold of the thing, especially considering it was less than a hundred quid including postage.

Apart from the fact that it has a curved AK-style mag (albeit shorter), it does look a lot like a Romanian PSL. The rear stock is perhaps a little bit on the flimsy side and could do with reinforcing a bit (not a tricky task, so I'm certainly gonna do that), but the rest of it, being metal, seems very robust. The ABS fore grip is certainly on there a lot more securely than the fore grip on the A&K SVD and doesn't creak like the A&K fore grip does.

Propped up next to my A&K SVD, it's about one and a half inches shorter than the SVD, but it weighs considerably less, in spite of the fact that it has a metal bipod. It's surprising to note that it's not too nose-heavy either, which I thought it might be, given that the rear stock is only hollow ABS and it has all that very long metal up the front end. What's nice is the fact that there is some internal structure inside the fore grip, so unlike a lot of AEG AKs and SVDs with no gas return tube, there is no glaringly obvious gap visible through the fore grip vent holes.

With the crappy two tone blue (paint) removed from the furniture (oven cleaner and brake fluid here we come), and that furniture made to look a bit more Romanian as far as wood colour goes, I think it might look quite cool. Like the SVD, it's certainly a very imposing looking thing, and I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl in woodland, since it will be nice to have something 'DMR/sniperish' which can go full auto. Mods to come I suspect will include a drum mag, an AK side rail and raised mount, removing the built in rear sight, and something along the lines of a Nikko-Sterling 3-9x50 scope on the thing on high mounts attached to that AK-style side mount, unless anyone knows of something which looks more like an LPS TIP2 that is suitable for airsoft engagement ranges.

• Supporters

Chock mate, WE Europe are doing a replica of the AK PKA red dot (which they're calling PKO) and they are shorter than the PSO-1 SVD scope, so something a bit more like what you're after. Patrol Base have 'em here, but they're not cheap. A while ago there was an ACM PKA too, but I can't find it in a quick search now. Was going for about £65-70 IIRC.

It may also interest you to know that dualdealshop on fleabay (ho-um fo quide lidderally thee bee-yest dee-yals in thee woi-ald) are stocking those ACM Kobra RDS again.

s-l140.jpgKobra Style Red Sight Dot Scope for AK74 AK74U AKS74 AK47 SVD - £47.50 posted

Edited by Ian_Gere
cos i bought one :)

If that was from a supplier, please share :prayinghands:

Which? The Ushanka or the boots?

The Ushanka was a regular biddable item someone had listed.

The jack boots I brought off Sfrankish. Has a lot of your older surplus gear on there from a mix of countries.