The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

G&G TR15 XL with 2 Batteries and charger, Deans wired, Reflex sight, Tac Light and 2 high cap mags £250 off Facebook then I went and got some heavier BB's and 10 Midcaps off zero one which haven't turned up yet even though I ordered them Thursday

DSC_0033_zps83ae8557.jpg

DSC_0034_zps66111193.jpg

feels lovely with the full steel slide and barrel, not set the hop yet as will wait till I am up at my local site and do it on the range there but is chronoing at roughly 260fps on 0.25BBs (295 ish on 0.2BBs) at the moment which means I may upgrade the barrel in the future as have room to play.

Today's purchase.....

Kalashnikov Spetsnaz AEG. I had gone in to local Army Navy surplus shop to buy an MP5 but I walked out with this AK. Funny how that is. I also came home with a pair of Rothco Black duty gloves and a German flektarn sniper type cap. As well as a pair of binoculars which will be packed with my sniper loadout

A pic of her with her new family.

post-10677-0-83047300-1421202862_thumb.jpg

post-10677-0-61778700-1421203138_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

New TRMR nice little thing that is.

20150106_174953_zps8wlvy8tc.jpg

Let us know how you get on with that, please. Looks like good kit, but @ £80 + P&P i'm wondering if it is really worth it compared to Ohshibooms...

• Supporters

KSC/KWA vz61 Skorpion - GBB

Spare magazine for above gun

= £243~ from Airsoftzone with postage

Finally able to get one after a bit of time saving up for it - shot one before and it was a lot of fun. Going to use it as a sniper backup and as my main CQB weapon (slowly filtering out AEGs from my collection).

Also looks/sounds absolutely awesome and ties in well with my eastern bloc kit.

You'll need more than 1 spare mag for CQB main weapon use - the ROF is 'kin ridic, mate! I agonised over whether to go for it meself, as a self-birthday-pres, but in the end I decided that as proper cool as it would be to totally hose people with the merest trigger dab, practically it makes no sense. Good luck though!

For me:

3m of OD 20mm velcro for a fiver posted (fleabay) - for that price i thought i may as well get all 3m she had since it's not always available and i need a bunch of it to sort out the Russian 6B5 body armour carrier I just received, which is in very used condition (for which read 'fucked') - it's going to be a labour of love to restore it... hey ho, it was cheap @£39.22 posted :)

s-l140.jpg Russian Blood Group Patch - $13.00 posted ~ fleabay

Edited by Ian_Gere
my stuff

You'll need more than 1 spare mag for CQB main weapon use - the ROF is 'kin ridic, mate! I agonised over whether to go for it meself, as a self-birthday-pres, but in the end I decided that as proper cool as it would be to totally hose people with the merest trigger dab, practically it makes no sense. Good luck though!

Yeah I realise that but £243 was enough to spend in one go this pay day haha. Plus the spare is a 40 round mag - most of my local CQB sites are semi auto only so full auto fun will be just for outdoors :D

Going to be investing in green gas though because there's no way it's not coming with me to every skirmish I go to haha

• Supporters

Let us know how you get on with that, please. Looks like good kit, but @ £80 + P&P i'm wondering if it is really worth it compared to Ohshibooms...

if you get it from JD and select free shipping it'll go to your local UPS collection point.

used it all day Saturday and I must say what I brilliant piece of kit. Extremely fast to arm and reload no messing with pins amd what not.

yeah really happy with it Ian. Highly recommend.

• Supporters

Turns out my SS Leto suit from Russia has been delivered by Parcel Farce to the wrong address. Signed for by someone called "S. Panther"... er... is my name not on the poxy label? Can you not fucking read the massive sign on the fence by the front of my house which explains that this is number 246, which includes Flats, not 244 which also has a flat and is covered by the same post code. But afaik there are no fucking Panthers next door either, so fuck knows where it is, V^^VGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anyway, I just paid £20 for a DDR M56 cone head helmet - woohoo!

And i managed to track it down @no. 294 - i live @246 - good job Parcel Farce! OMGonads it's great!

And my Harpy boots arrived too woohoo! Double OMGonads they're so slim fit they're amazingly well shaped for my feet - if you have hobbit hoofs then probably best order the next size up and that probably goes for all Garsing boots.

Just bought:

s-l140.jpgCooler Fan Version Outdoor Paintball Airsoft Glasses Goggle Ski anti-fog lens £24 posted - i read a good review on fb just now & the ESS knock offs i bought with the fan in the top centre turned out to be a bit shit, but the geezer reckons these have the fan at the side and that it circulates the air nicely - we shall see in a month...

Edited by Ian_Gere
got it woohoo + extra woohoo, etc

For a bit of Russkie/Eastern Bloc novelty value, and since it was cheap, I just bought one of those slightly weird metal Jing Gong A47 RPK/SVD hybrids (personally, I think it looks quite a bit like a Romanian PSL, which would kind of make sense, since that is basically a sniper/DMR version of the RPK, so it is effectively a heavy-barreled AK variant with a Dragunov stock, although I'm not sure I've ever seen a PSL with a bipod on it).

Still not sure whether it is ugly or cool, or even if I actually like the way it looks, but whichever is true, it has the potential to be a bit of fun in woodland with a decent sight on it, since the barrel is long enough for well aimed accuracy, but it has a very high cyclic rate on full auto and it could potentially have a high capacity drum mag fitted to it. I think I'll just have to make sure it's cranking less than 350 fps, so there'll be no arguments about whether I can use it, since it could be thought of as a sniper, a DMR, a bog standard AEG, or a support weapon lol.

JGA47PSL_zps8eb2fe6a.jpg

if you get it from JD and select free shipping it'll go to your local UPS collection point.

used it all day Saturday and I must say what I brilliant piece of kit. Extremely fast to arm and reload no messing with pins amd what not.

yeah really happy with it Ian. Highly recommend.

Can second that. Very easy to maintain as well as being very solid.

• Supporters

For a bit of Russkie/Eastern Bloc novelty value, and since it was cheap, I just bought one of those slightly weird metal Jing Gong A47 RPK/SVD hybrids (personally, I think it looks quite a bit like a Romanian PSL, which would kind of make sense, since that is basically a sniper/DMR version of the RPK, so it is effectively a heavy-barreled AK variant with a Dragunov stock, although I'm not sure I've ever seen a PSL with a bipod on it).

Still not sure whether it is ugly or cool, or even if I actually like the way it looks, but whichever is true, it has the potential to be a bit of fun in woodland with a decent sight on it, since the barrel is long enough for well aimed accuracy, but it has a very high cyclic rate on full auto and it could potentially have a high capacity drum mag fitted to it. I think I'll just have to make sure it's cranking less than 350 fps, so there'll be no arguments about whether I can use it, since it could be thought of as a sniper, a DMR, a bog standard AEG, or a support weapon lol.

JGA47PSL_zps8eb2fe6a.jpg

Is that the one that someone whose typing skillz could take a refresher was selling in the classifieds, or have you gone for a new 'un, mate?

I've been planning a tacticool RPK DMR for a while, but I had forgotten all about the PSL - that would make more sense for my proj really. Hmmmm... thinking cap, where art thou?

Edited by Ian_Gere
stockynosocks was the fella

• Supporters

Naah, it was a new one. 99 quid.

Where did you get it from, mate?

A helmet in kryptek, not sure if it's nomad or highlander but will probably be covering it anyway so not a big deal

Ever since i 1st saw Kryptek i knew i was going to have some at some point. It is just completely, totally tdb / sci-fi come to life, man - it's taken a while, but it's paid for... just waiting on post from Latvia :lol:

• Supporters

Ever since i 1st saw Kryptek i knew i was going to have some at some point. It is just completely, totally tdb / sci-fi come to life, man - it's taken a while, but it's paid for... just waiting on post from Latvia :lol:

Yeah I kind of like it now, didn't hugely at first apart from mandrake but have recently taken a liking to it. I probably won't ever wear a full set as I pretty much decided to just mix camps from now on but will need to get some bdus in some of the patterns at some point soon.

• Supporters

Yeah I kind of like it now, didn't hugely at first apart from mandrake but have recently taken a liking to it. I probably won't ever wear a full set as I pretty much decided to just mix camps from now on but will need to get some bdus in some of the patterns at some point soon.

Yeah, i can image that any of the patterns other than Typhon would look great on kecks with either of the ATACS pattern shirts. Even Multiwank kecks would probably look better than they usually don't under a Kryptek shirt. Holy splodges of colour, Batman! I've just realised how ACU (or whatever ppl are calling it these days) could actually look 1/2 decent - kecks under Kryptek Typhon shirt!

• Supporters

Just bought:

s-l140.jpgCooler Fan Version Outdoor Paintball Airsoft Glasses Goggle Ski anti-fog lens £24 posted - i read a good review on fb just now & the ESS knock offs i bought with the fan in the top centre turned out to be a bit sh*t, but the geezer reckons these have the fan at the side and that it circulates the air nicely - we shall see in a month...

any idea what batteries they take?

• Supporters

any idea what batteries they take?

Actually no, I don't know, and yesterday i got banned from No Bullshit Airsoft for telling a cheeky bell end to fuck right off and die, so I can't actually go back to find out from the geezer i got the tip from - but you could. It's in a thread started by Martin Squirrel about eye/facepro with fans... geezer called Daniel Summitposh-Aruthers IIRC (that's a joke btw, it's just Dan double barrelled name). My guess would be AAA though...

Where did you get it from, mate?

From here: http://www.bbguns365.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59&products_id=512

Which means it is a two tone, but I have it on good authority from Sitting Duck on this forum that the blue is sprayed rather than moulded material, and under the blue it is a wood colour, so it's just a case of removing that and it'll be a RIF, although apparently it was a bit of an arse ache to remove the blue according to SD. It appears that site had three for sale yesterday at that price, and I bought one, so if you fancy one, then that presumably means they have two left, and that is definitely the cheapest place to get hold of one, they are around 150 quid everywhere else.

• Supporters

gave in & bought 2 x CM122 pistols on offer at Gunfire @ 40Euro or about £32 each

that a47 was blue and after sanding (fairy ain't shifting that amount of paint) it came out

with a sort of light faded or aged look - still plastic but smooth as a baby's ar$e

coat of varnish to finish and she will do me - still got a touch of blue on bottom of stock

(looks better/darker is wiped with damp cloth hence a coat of varnish will be sweet)

pic may appear bluey in places on some parts of stock but trust me it ain't like that at all - no sirs

(seriously was on an OCD mission to get every possible bit off - took hand guard off too & de-blued the holes etc..)

wasn't too bad really - heavy/medium/fine sandpaper & a bit of elbow grease

ED8bxJI.jpg

• Supporters

Pair of spangly dangly SureFire earplugs to try and stop my tinnitus getting any worse. Nice and comfy!

0137ad76-bd31-4077-bd20-2b61f56d7589.jpg

• Supporters

Pair of spangly dangly SureFire earplugs to try and stop my tinnitus getting any worse. Nice and comfy!

0137ad76-bd31-4077-bd20-2b61f56d7589.jpg

EP3's are not too bad, but tbh all multi-chamber stylee plugs suffer from 2 major drawbacks - 1) they are only as effective as their fit in your ear'ole allows, so do not be afraid to modify them to make sure that they do go right inside, so that those flanges make good contact with the walls of your ear canal forming completely enclosed chambers inside, and 2) the more effective they are, the less you will be able to understand speech, because they attenuate upper frequencies much more than lower, which is the area where the sounds which distinguish consonants fall, such as the difference between the plosives "P" and "B"...

If you are serious about ear protection, you need to have plugs tailor made for your ears. I use these. They are very comfortable and give around -30dB protection. However they are still useless against low bass and subsonics, so you should still do your best to avoid being in rooms with pyros...