The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Gunfire - normally TW & GF sell them for 145 Euro(ish) instead of about 175 Euro

(got 1 s/hand that needs overhaul & a new one from TW when they did free shipping)

over chrimbo GF reduced it to 125 Euro until 2nd Jan and thought can't buy another ffs

well as it is free ship over 69 Euro at GF and as exchange rate is about 1.27 Euro to £1

I gave in - £100 for L85, well I have bought many (too many btw) crap stuff for that price in past

Hopefully after learning a little bit on v2 boxes, will overhaul iffy s/hand one and see how that goes

what I may do is make up a longer DMR version like L86 if that works out ok with new gear/spring/motor etc...

then a good stock one and perhaps a slightly smaller one

eg: 590ish barrel + m130 + slighty torquey gears perhaps (if I don't break it with beefy motor)

510 stock, setup but running well

425 aprox barrel - maybe short stroke to "normal" 15 tooth to help with the odd semi problem & boost rof

Well that is the idea or more like yet another dream/project

yes it was offer too good to miss and money I probably haven't got this month

but if Fire Support still had the ICS one at £200 sale offer I would of bought that mofo

Madbull Noveske KFH sound amplifier and Emerson Surefire Ultra Scout M620U clone. Not really a 'just bought' post, more of a 'just received'. Anyway I have a skirmish this Sunday and also a CQB skirmish soon, so these should do me good! :D

• Supporters

Gunfire - normally TW & GF sell them for 145 Euro(ish) instead of about 175 Euro

(got 1 s/hand that needs overhaul & a new one from TW when they did free shipping)

over chrimbo GF reduced it to 125 Euro until 2nd Jan and thought can't buy another ffs

well as it is free ship over 69 Euro at GF and as exchange rate is about 1.27 Euro to £1

I gave in - £100 for L85, well I have bought many (too many btw) crap stuff for that price in past

Hopefully after learning a little bit on v2 boxes, will overhaul iffy s/hand one and see how that goes

what I may do is make up a longer DMR version like L86 if that works out ok with new gear/spring/motor etc...

then a good stock one and perhaps a slightly smaller one

eg: 590ish barrel + m130 + slighty torquey gears perhaps (if I don't break it with beefy motor)

510 stock, setup but running well

425 aprox barrel - maybe short stroke to "normal" 15 tooth to help with the odd semi problem & boost rof

Well that is the idea or more like yet another dream/project

yes it was offer too good to miss and money I probably haven't got this month

but if Fire Support still had the ICS one at £200 sale offer I would of bought that mofo

its not a v2 gearbox (but is v2 compatible), but it is easy to work on, and if worst comes to worst you can get a whole new gear box for £60 off ebay ;) (ill pm you some video links of how to strip it down)

just remember unless you do the conversion to standard pistons, effectively its a PSG1 piston/spring ;)

• Supporters

thank you for info....

realise that the box is a bit odd/unique but think it uses long motor type

maybe normal bevel gear etc but extra teeth on sector/piston

but if doing a 600mm will need most teeth on the 85/sr25 piston and full cylinder to get volume/ratio

if I do a shorter one then normal 15 should be ok for a 400/450 barrel

stock R85 cylinder I think is ported so have ordered a couple of full cylinders & set of 85/25 gears

yeah gonna be yet another learning curve but at least it keeps it interesting

• Supporters

Couple of new torches from ApexTac on the bay of E. Pretty quick postage, no customs charges, sent in a nice box. Definitely use them again!

b47656eb-fd91-4031-9772-c89b6499e35e.jpg

GHK G5 GBBR

4 extra mags

Big gas bottle and some maintenance gas

if the good word is to be believed, then this will be really good fun next week even if the temperature goes right down

The hop bucking needs a few rounds through it before it will perform properly. I tend to use 0.28 BBs when shooting at 330FPS on my G5. Will be going to 0.3 BBs once up and running properly with the hi-cap at 350FPS

Pretty sure NH shooter is running a shop

Running, and traversing to the area of owning with any luck... Either that or I have a fetish with MP5 variants. lol

But you should also see the hydro dip film stocks! ;)

The hop bucking needs a few rounds through it before it will perform properly. I tend to use 0.28 BBs when shooting at 330FPS on my G5. Will be going to 0.3 BBs once up and running properly with the hi-cap at 350FPS

ill probably take it to my local shop and use their range to get it tested, get it chronoed and check i lubed everything up right and its performing.

does yours get 330 on 0.28s or on 0.20s? because the former would leave a real welt :P

Running, and traversing to the area of owning with any luck... Either that or I have a fetish with MP5 variants. lol

But you should also see the hydro dip film stocks! ;)

You selling the film then? might be intrested in some.