The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Will be buying...

AF-UK Patch (just messaged devastator for a couple tan ones)

WE NUPROL Magazine Holster

WE G17 Magazine

Deciding between...

Warrior Assault Systems Sabre Rig

Warrior Assault Systems Nemesis Rig

Tactical Tailor Mini MAV (and triple mag pouch)

Probably WAS cos GGG would be £30 with postage and might as well get Blue Force Gear ones for that

• Supporters

s-l140.jpgSoviet 6B5 Body Armour Cover - $61.95 posted ~ fleabay

From eHobby Asia

Magpul PTS MOE Pistol Grip (FDE, New Texture) - $19.90

Madbull 1" Outer Barrel Extension - $12

$38 shipped (~£25) :)

Might be ordering a set ofAirsoft Systems magazines if they're any good and spraying one or two tan to match my FDE PMAGs.

Will also get Madbull Strike Industries trigger guards from RWA as they're only about £8 and you get two in a pack (15% off til the 4th!)

- Half face black skull mask.

- WE Nuprol mesh goggles.

- Viper single point bungee sling.

- Aimpoint T1 Black RDS.

- MOE vertical grip.

- Abbey silicone oil (learned/practised cleaning barrel yesterday after shooting and I removed a fair bit of 'factory gunk')! :blink:

Because Bohemia Airsoft was the only place I could find spare mags for my souped up UHC AKS74U, I bought a few spare mags from there, but as an experiment, I also added another UHC AKS74U, in 'RIF' black with a brown front grip to my order, to see if I got any hassle importing a RIF from the Czech Republic. I asked them to put my UKARA on the packaging, which they did, although they accidentally put another 'zero' in the number lol, however, it seems Customs were satisfied anyway, so I can now officially recommend Bohemia Airsoft as an okay place to buy from. So below is a link to their website. Service was excellent incidentally, they emailed me in English with a query about my order, and I replied in what was probably badly translated Czech lol, so their communication was good, and prices are good too (everything you see in the pic below totalled 54.67 quid), although you do need to use a converter to determine the Sterling equivalent of prices even on their English version of their website, as it does not go to the extent of converting those, although it does tell you at the top of their website that '1 EUR =

CZK', as a rough guide. So props to Bohemia Airsoft's main person - Jan:

http://airsoftshop.cz/index.php/language/EN?osCsid=bp9hkp1ero6hseqgp3j40ta9o6

Anyway, here's 'what I just bought' out of the big box it came in:

uhcak_zpsc670a061.jpg

Yeah, I know, I've got too many AKs lol. But it does make my wall look cool.

Just for clarification I went onto Bohemia airsoft website and when I came across the weapons I was looking at the prices had a decimal point after the first number I.e 7.511 kc. I checked the currency exchange and 1 GBP is worth 35 kc so am I seeing this right are these airsoft rifles actually cheap as chips ? Or am I reading it wrong ?

The order above for that AKS74U and the mags totaled 1.917 including postage and packing, but if you paste that into a currency converter of the kind you get by typing 'Czech to sterling' into Google, it comes up with a price of five pence, which is clearly not correct, and that is because the decimal point in their website pricing screws things up. What you have to do is remove all punctuation from the price, i.e. '1917', which gives you £53.99, which was the price I paid for that gun, plus those mags including P&P (think the gun was about 23 quid if I recall correctly).

So yes, it is inexpensive to buy stuff from there, and in fact it was literally the only place in the world that I could find which stocked UHC AKS74U mags, even AEGCartAsia doesn't carry them, which is why I ordered from Bohemia, I threw the gun in on the order to test if it would make it here ok since it was only cheap and makes a nice wall hanger. To compare pricing for example, I bought an SRC Gas Blowback AKS74U from Airsoft World on Black Friday for the special offer price of £149 (it usually costing around £300 in the UK), but you can get the same SRC AKS74U from Bohemia Airsoft for £128.88 right now. The only concern would be that you'd have to ensure a gas blowback gun was being couriered by a company that allows them to be carried, which of course was not an issue with the above AKS74U on that order from Bohemia, as that one isn't a GBB, in fact it isn't even an AEG, its a springer although it takes the same mags as my AEG UHC AKS74U so the mag it came with was a useful addition. Nevertheless, because it is a RIF (being black/wood coloured), I did make sure they put my UKARA number on the package, but it got here to Blighty no bother at all, took about three days in total I think.

Another order from eHobby Asia!

Warhead AR 9mm Conversion Kit - $4.99 (Was $18)

DYTAC TD Pistol Grip (Digital Desert Water Transfer) - $1.99 (Was $16)

$18.98 Shipped (About £12)

Wanted a Tango Down style pistol grip, but preferably better quality than DYTAC and especially not in Digital Desert. It's $2 though ffs. Got to buy one at that price. I'll probably just spray over it with tan or something.

Also gonna give the Warhead thing a go as well since they're cheap too.

This > http://www.airsoftpeak.com/modular-half-face-protector-mouth-mask-black-p-10189.html

$11 / £7 from Airsoft Peak

Mesh mask is really uncomfortable and everything so bought one of these.

Absolutely hate having to wear lower face pro but hoping this is better.

As soon as I don't have to wear it just gonna use a shemagh in skirmishes and this if doing CQC.

First time bought anything airsoft related for a looooooooooooooooong time.

Anyway:

Madbull Noveske 7.25 free float rail

Madbull Noveske MUR 2 piece receiver

Madbull Noveske 7.5 outer barrel

Magpul MOE grip

King arms trigger guard

Total cost: Huge dent in wallet. Will repair soon.

• Supporters

16150015895_e0cb8ab94e_b.jpg

• King Arms M1A1
  • Stark G17 Gen4
  • 2 of each Stark Glock frame pin (I should know the technical names.. but I don't)
  • NOVA 1911 slide lock lever
  • Shooters 1911 aluminium outer barrel
  • Freedom Art extended TM SOPMOD mag catch button
  • Pro-Arms 102rnd 40mm pleasure devices
  • Glock key ring for causing incidents at airports
  • Plat-A-Tac Tac Dax Rip-Stop, belt mounted Litelok dump pouch and 'BB' rifle mag shingle with pistol pouch
  • Gerber strap cutter/glass breaker

Liquid blanco in Natural webbing colour. Yay more blancoing!

Having received for Xmas a 2nd set of P37 webbing, I can now start tailoring a set to my Aussie impression. For a British impression the webbing has to be blancoed to make it green in different shades according to the period. It took me a while but I eventually discovered that the correct colour for Aussie webbing is no blanco at all. Apparently the Aussies never saw the point of all that extra work, just as they used tan boots so they didn't have to keep them shiny.

So I have washed one set of webbing and scrubbed as much blanco out as possible. Now to hide the residual green and make it look unblancoed, I am going to have to blanco it. Can anyone else see the irony?

I have incidentally recently dyed my Aussie uniform to green which would have matched the colour of my webbing and now my webbing will go back to a khaki colour which would have matched the original colour of my uniform. It will however look awesome :)

The next planned webbing alterations are to get 2 more ammo pouches and sew them to the sides of the large pack, a trick common to both the Aussies and Chindits. Then I shall obtain a 5x 30 round Thompson magazine pouch and alter it to fit P37 webbing instead of the left ammo pouch. This will make an Aussie Owen gun mag pouch.

• Supporters

Holiday time deliveries, part 2.

15989882720_0f3f2a216c_b.jpg

• SLR Rifleworks Ultra Lite Handguard - 9", M-LOK
  • Parallax Tactical PXT FFSSR - 13", KeyMod, Cerakoted
  • BCM Gunfighter stock
  • PIG FDT-Alpha gloves in tacticool new carbon grey
  • Crye 556/762 Pouch
  • Plat-A-Tac H Smock, medium organiser bag, pair of PALS mounted buckles + arid AUSCAM christmas stocking (nice surprise freebie)
  • 1 x Patch