The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Dave's Custom Airsoft £20 Mystery Box!

Early Christmas present to myself. Worth a shot, especially with a chance to win £40 worth of gear :)

Multicam jacket (Summer/Autumn wear - my MARPAT is too dark for some times of year)

Viper 3 point tactical sling (a bugger to work out which goes where)

Web tex camo tape (DPM)

• Supporters

odtop4nx100.jpg New Olive Bulle MOLLE Blank Firing Grenade Pouch - £5
spobb0nx100.jpg 4 x New 7.62x39 AK Inert Round Steel - £4
cl00813100.jpg Used Spanish Grenade Pouch - £2
cl00851100.jpg 1pr Used nomex flight gloves XL - £1

+£3.99 Shipping from flecktarn.co.uk

• Supporters

ah dremmel - well I got 2 x cheapo ones but wonder how I got by without 'em

another oshiboom - damn it couldn't resist the offer

(now 2 oshi's impact + 2 timed bfg's)

+

tan G&G CM18 - just love the look of them and couldn't resist 15% off

(new year resolution - "try" to spend less on airsoft - yeah don't think that resolution will last)

• Supporters

s-l140.jpgArmoured Fingerless Gloves (hopefully size XL Green :lol:) - £3.70 posted ~ fleabay

a Prometheus 6.20mm Delta Strike Precision Widebore Inner Barrel - 229mm and a Prometheus Straight Hop Up Chamber Rubber Packing for the G5

• Supporters

a Prometheus 6.20mm Delta Strike Precision Widebore Inner Barrel - 229mm and a Prometheus Straight Hop Up Chamber Rubber Packing for the G5

Let us know how this set up performs please. How did you get on with the ZCI? That was you, right?

Let us know how this set up performs please. How did you get on with the ZCI? That was you, right?

Will do. The barrel looks quite interesting and it'd be good to have a direct comparison between TBBs and WBBs, I currently have a prommy TBB in the G5 so will be a good experiment being from the same brand too.

I'm not sure what a ZCI is so perhaps not me? (what is a ZCI?) :-)

• Supporters

I'm really not sold on WBB's - on a bench, maybe, but in the field I highly doubt their efficacy. But let us know.

ZCI is a brand. Amongst other things they do TBB's - someone on here bought one a while ago and said they would give us the benefit of their experience but, so far as i've seen, so far hasn't. Not you though, obviously... :lol:

aye not me, have Prommy in everything I've modded, swear by them. I tried the Madbull TBB on my ICS SA80 previously and didn't get as noticeable results. I think with GBBRs running HPA the widebore is easier to work with as I can just up the psi to get me the full 350fps, in an aeg you'd need to upgrade the spring and possibly motor/gear set too. Am going to have to mod the hop nub I have to fit the G5 as it has a very small slot to fit in (although it does just about fit).

• Supporters

Hot-Sale-Fashion-ESS-Tactical-ProtectiveGoggles with fan (ESS knock offs) - £23.58 posted ~ aliexpress.com

I've brought indirectly a pair of

Smith optics boogie regulators in igniter red, but am not allowed them until christmas

Brilliant pair of goggles, they're one of the few lensed goggles I've found that don't fog up as badly.

Anyway: just purchased a second bit of scrim netting to be used as a rifle wrap, as well as a dpm style highlander head wrap to cover my mesh lower mask

£10 from Irish menswear surplus department.

• Supporters

spare "complete l85 gearbox" off ebay £58 (nothing wrong with my l85 gearbox, but i want too see what the pre-engauge/pre-cocking is like, and a spare would be nice ;) )

spare "complete l85 gearbox" off ebay £58 (nothing wrong with my l85 gearbox, but i want too see what the pre-engauge/pre-cocking is like, and a spare would be nice ;) )

Is it possible to get that with a fet as well? Or by altering the cut off system and rigging up a spring release?

• Supporters

Is it possible to get that with a fet as well? Or by altering the cut off system and rigging up a spring release?

i don't think so (but i may be wrong here), as its all done by the sector gear in this gearbox.

also please note this gearbox has a mechanism to release the anti-reverse latch, that is used to release tension on the piston/spring

i don't think so (but i may be wrong here), as its all done by the sector gear in this gearbox.

also please not this gearbox has a mechanism to release the anti-reverse latch, that is used to release tension on the piston/spring

Ah, i see

Also, i meant making the anti reversal latch accessible without having to open the gun. I know the g&g has a button in the mag well for that

I'm really not sold on WBB's - on a bench, maybe, but in the field I highly doubt their efficacy. But let us know.

ZCI is a brand. Amongst other things they do TBB's - someone on here bought one a while ago and said they would give us the benefit of their experience but, so far as i've seen, so far hasn't. Not you though, obviously... :lol:

That would be me :lol:

Unfortunatly I havnt been able to get to a games this past two months but will update as soon as I do

• Supporters

Ah, i see

Also, i meant making the anti reversal latch accessible without having to open the gun. I know the g&g has a button in the mag well for that

Yeah that would be a nice mod to have.

If you wanted a pre-engauge all i suspect (i may be wrong here) you would need is the sector gear, then just remove 2 teeth (as the G&G/Army has a 19 tooth "psg-1" piston, insted of the 16 tooth pistons in most v2/3 gearboxes) ... an interesting mod