The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Hey Ian, which AK versions will that adapter fit? I have an old Cyma CM 028s which I'd like to do something similar with as the folding stock broke so filled the holes in the stock and fitted an AIMS foregrip to a modded front end, hence needs a stock sorting now.

It fits the G&P fixed stock receivers and, I think, King Arms also. It wont go on a CM.028S. You can get replacement under-folding stocks. What went wrong with it, the catch (so it hangs loose)? If so you can replace it with the cheap one from taiwangun.com - the catch is no more nor less robust on the more expensive one (this is a problem i have dealt with using both the cheap one and the steel one).

It fits the G&P fixed stock receivers and, I think, King Arms also. It wont go on a CM.028S. You can get replacement under-folding stocks. What went wrong with it, the catch (so it hangs loose)? If so you can replace it with the cheap one from taiwangun.com - the catch is no more nor less robust on the more expensive one (this is a problem i have dealt with using both the cheap one and the steel one).

Ah right, no the arm on the side that latches snapped clean off due to being made of cheese. Trying to avoid the expense of a whole new receiver and stock assembly tbh, and in any case an under folding stock won't work now with the AIMS wood foregrip hence thinking of some sort of M4 adapter. May yet attempt to make one from resin embedded with fibreglass as a specific fit. Cheers Ian.

1x clone G&G HI CAP 450 rds.

1x 3000 .25 bbs devil blasters.

1x fosco 400ml flat black paint.

Hopefully tomorrow a tactical vest, I'm excited.

around £70 spent, which is a bit of what I was saving up :( back to square one

5.5mm brass tubing - This is for the manufacture of a brass pull through for my SMLE. Plan is to cut a length and fill it with epoxy and embed the end of a length of string. This is instead of having a cleaning rod. The idea is that you use the brass weight to pull the string through the barrel and the end of the string has a small loop so you can then pull a piece of rag through the barrel to clean it.

Brass coloured metallic Humbrol Enamel - to add weathering and detail to my scope so it looks more correct. Also to paint the end of the pull through so the epoxy doesn't show.

Ultra light replica of Spec-Ops MICH High-Cut Helmet - Tan

Green Gas Magazine

Double pouch for two G36/AK-74 or four M4 magazines – multicam

Hi-Cap magazine for G36/SL8 Series

MOLLE Universal Pistol Holster - Multicam

130 mm silencer

Can of Halford Green camo paint

You mean the latest issue of 'So you want to be a Navy SEAL International'?

It gets a bit tedious

mate i just spent £6 fecking quid and now you tell me?!?!?

Krylon Flat Olive Drab spray paint

ASG M90 Ultimate Spring

£23 from Patrolbase

The MP5K front end with RIS £55

A Wolfeye LED torch £50

Magpul RIS Handguard £22

RIS Sling Clip £8

Green / Black Shemagh (SP?) to use as a face covering as I dont like my mask anymore £10

BUT

As the front end attachment doesnt quite fit I am taking the it and the handguard back, and my £8 super bright LED torch I use for work does fit the attachment I got earlier in the week do the wolfseye is going back too.

Thats £120 towards a Combat Raider ;)

• Supporters

5.5mm brass tubing - This is for the manufacture of a brass pull through for my SMLE. Plan is to cut a length and fill it with epoxy and embed the end of a length of string. This is instead of having a cleaning rod. The idea is that you use the brass weight to pull the string through the barrel and the end of the string has a small loop so you can then pull a piece of rag through the barrel to clean it.

Brass coloured metallic Humbrol Enamel - to add weathering and detail to my scope so it looks more correct. Also to paint the end of the pull through so the epoxy doesn't show.

That sounds like a bad idea to me - you should try your best to minimise the chances of scratches to the inside of your barrel and, even though brass is soft for metal, the barrel itself is not tempered carbon steel - dragging metal through it will scratch it to some extent. Such fine scratches affect range and can affect accuracy since they have a slightly higher friction coefficient than an unscratched polished surface and this affects the stability of hop induced backspin, ie minute fractions more or less spin on either side of the BB.

As there is no combustion, you are never going to need to actually scrub the inside, so you do not need to be able to drag a rag up and down the barrel so many times that a string is sufficiently more efficient over a plastic cleaning rod for it to be worthwhile. If you do ever submerge your gun in muddy water you should disassemble it and soak the barrel in hot soapy water and rinse repeatedly until there is no chance of dragging fine sand through the barrel when you use a piece of rag to clean out any oily/greasy residue.

The best method is to use alcohol swabs on the end of those plastic cleaning rods with the slot in one end.

• Supporters

I have one of those vests, Flex. They are excellent. Lighter than PLCE, more versatile than SAAV, and more comfortable than a WAS RICAS. IMO £32 is a bit over the odds, but it does look to be in good condition, and those rocket pouches can cost more than a tenner on their own. The horizontal pouches for maglite and pocket knife are exactly the right size for speedloaders :)

That sounds like a bad idea to me - you should try your best to minimise the chances of scratches to the inside of your barrel and, even though brass is soft for metal, the barrel itself is not tempered carbon steel - dragging metal through it will scratch it to some extent. Such fine scratches affect range and can affect accuracy since they have a slightly higher friction coefficient than an unscratched polished surface and this affects the stability of hop induced backspin, ie minute fractions more or less spin on either side of the BB.

As there is no combustion, you are never going to need to actually scrub the inside, so you do not need to be able to drag a rag up and down the barrel so many times that a string is sufficiently more efficient over a plastic cleaning rod for it to be worthwhile. If you do ever submerge your gun in muddy water you should disassemble it and soak the barrel in hot soapy water and rinse repeatedly until there is no chance of dragging fine sand through the barrel when you use a piece of rag to clean out any oily/greasy residue.

The best method is to use alcohol swabs on the end of those plastic cleaning rods with the slot in one end.

I would need a 65 cm or longer cleaning rod. The metal isn't dragged through the barrel, it's just a weight to thread the string through the barrel. You would then pull the string through with the alcohol swab or piece of cloth on the end. I was going to use Brass as it would then look like the real steel cleaning kit, kept in the hole in the stock, which is a lot simpler than carting a 65cm cleaning rod around, if I could find one.

• Supporters

I still reckon you'll do some damage to your inner barrel with a brass weight. Like Ian says, even small abrasions can have a big effect on small, light projectiles like BBs.

Might be better off using hardwood or dense plastic. Anything that's considerably softer than the material the inner barrel's made of, which is probably also brass.

• Supporters

Pair of merrell sawtooth boots and a set of diamond plate pattern rail covers.

Pair of merrell sawtooth boots and a set of diamond plate pattern rail covers.

Where did you get the Sawtooths ?

• Supporters

Where did you get the Sawtooths ?

Via the wondrous bay of e. Coming from the US.

My dad likes shooting, He has loads of cases and he has an aluminium one lying around he never uses. I asked him if I could borrow it and as he doesn't shoot anything other than grey squirrels (he hates grey, likes the home breed red, as should be apparently) with his air rifle he never uses it. He just gave it to me, quite pleased with it. Very tight fit so no movement when you shake it. Will take some pictures in a bit, can't identify what it is, its like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEY-COMBINATION-LOCKABLE-HARD-ALUMINIUM-DOUBLE-RIFLE-SHOTGUN-CASE-gun-box-/271425176353?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item3f32338321

however it has the brand name FRANZEN, which I believe do locks, and some gun cases although I have looked on their website and cannot seem to find it. Will upload pictures in a bit, sorry for rambling on.