The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Yeah 'Grade 1' surplus is definitely not the same as brand new and the price difference is very much to be expected.

If you just want some really cheap stuff that's of a decent level of resilience to get wrecked at airsoft then grade 1 should be more than fine to do the job in most instances. But if the individual wants new stuff (each to their own) then that's a different matter.

With S95 gear, there is no such thing as 'New'. It's not used anymore. There is only Grade 1 or Grade 2. Grade 1 is stuff in perfect condition, Grade 2 is stuff with some wear and tear. More often than not, Grade 1 stuff from britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk arrives still in it's original packaging. The reason it's cheaper is that other army surplus stores would be buying from these guys.

Just ordered a 2nd P37 water bottle and belt. My jungle loadout will have 2 water bottles and I need a belt for the trousers as well as the one for the webbing.

• Supporters

With S95 gear, there is no such thing as 'New'. It's not used anymore. There is only Grade 1 or Grade 2. Grade 1 is stuff in perfect condition, Grade 2 is stuff with some wear and tear. More often than not, Grade 1 stuff from britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk arrives still in it's original packaging. The reason it's cheaper is that other army surplus stores would be buying from these guys.

As you say, the grading system must've changed. 7-8 years back when I was looking at surplus kit before I joined up I recall all the sites listed stuff as New -> Grade 1 -> Grade 2. You learn something new every day though.

ASG MK23 - Abit tackier than i imagined, Worrying with how plastic it is. But performs really well.

Mk23 spare mags

New mesh lower face guard

2 Large gas - One each for me and my fiancee

A cheapish headcam - Not arrived yet, Not got high hopes for amazing quality. But i want the moments more than the whole game. Memories ftw.

2 Rolls Of Camo tape - for my horrific two tone M4, Performs well but you could probably snipe me from mission "go" using it as a beacon.

My keepon dancing robot thing - Sara wanted it, Dont know what the cock it is. But it makes you feel guilty if you dont give a crap about it.

I also recently got some kingdom airsoft .30 bbs which turned out pretty good. The odd one catches the wind abit but does not seem to be often. Not sure about any issues with them yet, I havent had any fail me by breaking or being deformed yet.

• Supporters

There's literally crates of it piled up, fresh in their little bags in yeovilton stores, I expect it's the same at many establishments. If I needed/wanted a new issue of S95 DPM (which IS still used, it's just not the standard rig for anyone anymore) I could go and get it now.

Highlander ATF Desert Alpha boots size 12- £25.49

5.11 'Tactical' socks, black, 9 inch x2- £17.12

I don't know how socks can be tactical, maybe they come with MOLLE and loop velcro for patches or something....

Just bought myself some mesh goggles, last night running around in the Bunker, the "fog" of war became too much to bear!

And now i want biscuits!

All of them!!!

But especially chocolate hobnobs! The Royal Marine of biscuits! cuz if you show it your brew, (sorry wet!) half of its gone in one go!!

• Supporters

Just hit the button on a CYMA AKS74U. £130 in the sale from Airsoft Armoury. Nice.

• Supporters

MK3 Capris are sexy cars though,and the since Mk3s are essentially upgrades over the MK2 which was pretty reliable you can expect a good condition Mk3 to be a solid runner. I'd do very dastardly things indeed to get my mitts on one,as did other people since it was the most stolen car of the 80s and 90s in Britain.

I'm with you dude, I thinks its beautiful.

Ohhhh man, that is gorgeous!

I'm loving it, it's taking some getting used to, as the only other car I've driven is an 05 Ford Mondeo :L.

It needs a few things doing, paintwork needs touching up at least, a full respray would be best, some of the rubber seals around the windows are original, so need replacing, driver's seat has a tear in it, so that needs fixing, the aerial doesn't go down, so that needs sorting, and I want to put an original cassette radio in it, as the current CD player doesn't suit it and is a cheap one. It also needs a new set of locks, as the boot and driver's door are on a different key to the ignition and passenger's door...

Other than that, it's all good. All rust etc. cut out and replaced with new metal, completely wax oiled/undersealed underneath by previous owner.

And the best bit: everyone seems to love it (apart from Lozart! :P).

Also got myself a 419 piece set of O-rings to fix up my M700's magazine- £8.87.

May also need a standard fill valve, so if anyone could link me to one that's decently priced I'd be grateful :)

A really nice pair of what a believe to be fake desert locusts. Although i am questioning weather they are fake as they have a 100% english manual and a subdued revision logo on the cloth, could be wrong though.

rQzupSy.jpg

b0Ix6Y0.jpg

• Supporters

I suppose the indicator will be the location of the place you bought them from.

Wouldn't personally recommend anyone trust their eyes to knock-offs (or even potential knock-offs), but obviously that's not my decision to make for anyone else, just putting it out there for the lurkers.

Ebay, just needed a new set of goggles. I tested the lenses this morning and they seem to be fine against .2's-.3's so they should be safe to field.

Got given a freebie UBACS. Been told it's a flame retardant version issued to flight crew.

29B0BDC5-3AD1-43A7-B5E6-8DD89266B4CD.jpg