The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 Medium Alice pack with lightweight frame - £39 all in

1 British Army OD sniper scrim scarf - £3.95 all in

Was also going to pick up some US woodland BDU's but there were no trousers in my size!

If anyone has any 200 rnd SAW ALICE pouches in good nick let me know!

£26, not bad

$(KGrHqN,!l0E65Rhsgr)BO2oVdwjSQ~~60_12.J

I have one of those, great little bag. Only flaw is that the webbing used for straps doesn't have enough friction against the buckles so they will come loose or detach from the bag occasionally.

I was considering buying one of these as I currently have the model under your one. Have you had a chance to see how it performs yet?

As a HAM radio it's very good, as an airsoft PMR446 radio I prefer to use the Baofeng 888s, It's lighter, less complicated, smaller ariel, and the battery seems to last longer. Both have good range in low power mode and will out range a lot of dedicated pmr radios.

The programming takes a bit of getting used to but it's much easier to program the 888s with a pc than program the uv5r manually.

The uv5 has a big weak screen that would render the unit useless if it gets broken, lots of flimsy buttons and weak plastic, it wouldn't stand up to many shots and still be functioning. The 888s has two twist knobs and a light. Even if the casings get shot or broken it's just a casing the rest of the radio should work fine.

It's also very easy to end up on the wrong channel with the uv5r, inadvertently mashing the wrong buttons could land you on the wrong frequencies without the unit even beeping.

Performance between the two are identical as far as I have practically found. But the 888s is lighter. The headsets they come with are pretty good too to be honest.

If you only want to use the 8 PMR channels like most airsofters do then the 888s is better as a a dedicated airsoft radio. If you want to use it off the field or want to use more than 16 channels then the uv5r is ok. The UV5RE is supposed to be more robust, but I haven't seen or used one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BaoFeng-BF-888S-UHF-400-470-MHz-Walkie-Talkie-2-Way-Radio-Earpiece-USB-Cable-/181156424111?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones_Communication_Ham_Radio_Receivers_Transceivers&hash=item2a2dc3a9af, comes highly recommended from me.

And of course ... Blah blah blah ..... Legal issues ..... Blah blah..... Ofcom..... Blah blah blah ....... Bunnies will die at 5mw ........ Blah blah for l33t use only ...... Blah blah usual radio bullshit.

• Supporters

I don't actually have my hands on it yet, and it might fall through yet...

...And I've not technically bought it as it's from a swap.

But! On Friday, I ought to have a WE SCAR L in my possession, RA Tech barrel, hop and trigger, 7 mags, black with snakeskin camo job, in exchange for my custom L129 DMR.

• Supporters

I know right? I don't even want a SCAR xD

£26, not bad

$(KGrHqN,!l0E65Rhsgr)BO2oVdwjSQ~~60_12.J

I had a black one of those as a school bag for a while :P Eventually it became over filled with textbooks and wayed a ton. Had to opt for a smaller bag as it was giving me back pains.

• Supporters

I'm tempted, but I think I'll sell it and get an M4 instead, since I'm going to have 16 mags :P

Unless I end up really liking the SCAR, I've never really used or handled one before, not sure I like the look either, but it might grow on me.

• Supporters

That's the plan (Y)

• Supporters

Now Ed, once you've built a l119a1, will you be going all UKSF on us? (Loadout wise)

Possibly, though I know little to nothing about UKSF, currently.

I've heard that the Pathfinders use L119s and still use the Osprey, so I might build something up around them to start with.

Ideally I want a really light weight set up, Ospreys are heavy as fook, I want the only heavy items on me to be the gun and mags. The rig is going to have to be at least half the weight of my current one for me to feel like it's worth buying.

• Supporters

Drop me a pm ed I'm sure we can sort a kit to suit ;)

• Supporters

Crye AVS is confirmed as being 'in use', as is the CPC in multicam.

No decent replica of the AVS yet but semapo and VGC are both doing half decent copies of the CPC.

AVS is cheap enough (relatively) in the basic 'plate hanger' format, 2 plate bags and the cummerbund would come in at less than $350.

Just bought an olive drab ripstop poncho ready for skirmishing in the British summer, along with a flecktarn patrol cap for when the boonie annoys me.