The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

I did wonder about ebay but then I also take the assumption a good proportion of the kit on there was seems cheap is actually fake. I might miss some decent bargains, but at the same time I'm less likely to be caught out. (though not entirely safe, hence me once being contacted by the Met over a very legitimate looking deal from a very legitimate ebay trader with a very high rep - turned out he was an international fence ...)

• Supporters

I did wonder about ebay but then I also take the assumption a good proportion of the kit on there was seems cheap is actually fake. I might miss some decent bargains, but at the same time I'm less likely to be caught out.

With the new system they have on your user account front page there's no reason not to go on there really. You punch in a few categories/items that you're interested in and it just brings up the best results with the basic info and a thumbnail soon as you click on the site, all in one place, no trawling or repeatedly typing in the same searches every day.

Surefire lights for example, would be very hard to get caught out on. Yes there are ACM clones but many of those will be easy to pick out from the pictures and all the lights I bought came in the complete, sealed retail packaging. If you wanna play it on the same side then if the listing doesn't have decent close-up pictures and/or its' now new in the box you just don't buy it. Only takes a few seconds to check and you won't have even had to search using the new system.

Finally got my g&g raider-l combat machine. Sadly I'm not ukara so lime green seemed like my best option...

Get yourself to a few skirmishes and then you'll be able to take it off :)

• Supporters

5 x MAG AK-74 midcaps in plum for £30 posted woohoo!

*drooling*

Bearing in mind it was between 3 people, me and 2 collegues.

Synders pretzels;

Cheddar cheese, peanut butter, buffalo wings, sea salt and black pepper and jalapeno.

About 70 bags, its insane.

• Supporters

Bearing in mind it was between 3 people, me and 2 collegues.

Synders pretzels;

Cheddar cheese, peanut butter, buffalo wings, sea salt and black pepper and jalapeno.

About 70 bags, its insane.

The SPAR near our office sells them, They're ace - I used to get mine from Stateside Candy (www.americansweets.co.uk - you can thank/curse me later) but there's now a UK importer that ships the small bags.The Honey Mustard ones are awesome!

The SPAR near our office sells them, They're ace - I used to get mine from Stateside Candy (www.americansweets.co.uk - you can thank/curse me later) but there's now a UK importer that ships the small bags.The Honey Mustard ones are awesome!

Will have to try them!

Foodgasm

Literally, you cant just have one piece, you have to have another and another.

Then you realize you have eaten a whole bag........

• Supporters

Don't get it meself. They're just dry baked flour with a taste of moody origin which disappears so quickly that you have to stuff more fresh ones in your gob to keep tasting it. They crunch for one or two chews and that's the end of their texture - they just turn into a soggy paste.

Now if you want a savoury crunchy thing with a lasting taste and a texture that lasts beyond the initial chew, Hovis Crackers are where it's at. Although what we really need is for some intrepid biscuiteer to invent savoury hobnobs...

• Supporters

Will have to try them!

Literally, you cant just have one piece, you have to have another and another.

Then you realize you have eaten a whole bag........

Truth.

Unfortunately having started trying to lose some of my not inconsiderable weight they've disappeared off my regular snack schedule. The small bags are the best parts of 600 calories ! :o

mk4 MTP OSPREY 200/124

ADMIN PANEL

2 8 ROUNG UGL POUCHES

3L CAMELBAK

2 PISTOL MAG POUCHES

LEFT LEG DROP HOULSTER IN MTP

MTP CAP

cost a small fortune to get it the way i want but when its here and set up and in use it will be all worth it

Where did you purchase your opsrey from may I ask?

• Supporters

Just bought 10 inert 7.62x54R rounds at £1 each to go on a butt stock pouch on my SVD - i recently added a piece of carved oak to extend the stock by about 40mm and stuffed the hollow plastic with some scrap metal to shift the balance of the thing back, because I'm adding a suppressor and although it is pretty light, it will get heavier when i get around to fucking about with the innards to make it actually do something more than the somewhat pathetic approx 1 pole low pass @7KHz, but besides that the steel bipod has shifted the weight forward even though it is pretty central - 10x7.62 FMJ should add a bit more weight and look uber...

Picked up a double G36 mag pouch in tropentarn while i was at it - i need 4 in total but at £18-odd plus postage for surplus gear they've been on the back burner.

£32-odd inc P&P from flecktarn.co.uk / not bad really

Was really irritated a few days ago - got an email from airsoft-club to say Kobra sights were back in stock - sold out by the time i noticed the email a few hours later :(

Guest PT247

Don't get it meself. They're just dry baked flour with a taste of moody origin which disappears so quickly that you have to stuff more fresh ones in your gob to keep tasting it. They crunch for one or two chews and that's the end of their texture - they just turn into a soggy paste.

Should have joined the Royal Navy in 1800

https://www.stvincent.ac.uk/Heritage/1797/Victory/food.html

• Supporters

And fucking grumpy too, you pair of cheeky young whelps! I've spent longer waiting for buses than you've had hot dinners. Oatmeal? Bloody oatmeal!?! We'd have killed for oatmeal when i were a lad... nowt but wallpaper scrapings that's what we had to eat when i was transported to botany bay for carrying a realistic imitation flintlock not painted skybluepink with yellow dots on... aye, and i was lucky. Lucky not to be hanged. That's the trouble with you youngsters: no respect! Bring back the press gangs I say and hanging on the magistrates' say so...

Oops, meant to say - dualdealshop on fleabay have got CYMA AK-74 flash mags for £11 posted - mad to miss out at that price really so I got one.

Too much this week

MODI multicam JPC

Multicam JPC radio pouch

Dummy AN PRC 148 box

Flash Force Industries Woodland G3's

MS3 sling

Angry gun TBB

MARSOC patches

DD sling swivel

Guest PT247

And f*cking grumpy too, you pair of cheeky young whelps! I've spent longer waiting for buses than you've had hot dinners. Oatmeal? Bloody oatmeal!?! We'd have killed for oatmeal when i were a lad... nowt but wallpaper scrapings that's what we had to eat when i was transported to botany bay for carrying a realistic imitation flintlock not painted skybluepink with yellow dots on... aye, and i was lucky. Lucky not to be hanged. That's the trouble with you youngsters: no respect! Bring back the press gangs I say and hanging on the magistrates' say so...

Oops, meant to say - dualdealshop on fleabay have got CYMA AK-74 flash mags for £11 posted - mad to miss out at that price really so I got one.

when I were a lad I slept in a shoe box at bottom t' lake and got up for work 2hours before I went to bed! :D