The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Not something I've brought but plan on dependant on opinions

I am looking to buy a shorter style rifle

Options

1 aks74u don't know them make yet

2 mp5 preferably an sd model again unsure

3 Tm mp7

What do people reckon didn't want to make another thread sorry if this isn't allowed and delete if it's wrong by all means just looking for opinions

New M4 arrived, threw in a JG blue motor from my dead M4 and now the trigger response is fantastic on an 8.4v. Wonder how much better it'll be with a mosfet installed and a Lipo battery? ;)

JG Blues are epic motors. absolute torque monsters. If you are running 13:1 or 12:1 gears, a mosfet and a high discharge lipo(30c or more) you are going to have a PTW killer right there.

• Supporters

JG Blues are epic motors. absolute torque monsters. If you are running 13:1 or 12:1 gears, a mosfet and a high discharge lipo(30c or more) you are going to have a PTW killer right there.

Going to replace the bushings with bearings, metal spring guide with a ball bearing spring guide and the stock piston head with a G&P esplosive piston head (everything that was installed in the dead M4) Performance should improve a little bit, though the mosfet and lipo will make the biggest difference.

Ooo I'm getting all giddy just thinking about the performance outcome. :wub:

• Supporters

Not something I've brought but plan on dependant on opinions

I am looking to buy a shorter style rifle

Options

1 aks74u don't know them make yet

2 mp5 preferably an sd model again unsure

3 Tm mp7

What do people reckon didn't want to make another thread sorry if this isn't allowed and delete if it's wrong by all means just looking for opinions

better to make another thread

A four foot foam sword for "safety kills" or suicide charges. Considering I just top 5 foot 5, carrying this thing is going to be fun. Still £2 off eBay isn't to be sniffed at.

Zombie nights are going to get a lot more fun now :D

• Supporters

A 38" light saber for May 4th - £5 posted from fleabay

• Supporters

Safariland style drop leg holster and an ASAP style sling plate from Taiwangun, some WE Green gas and a pair of Bolle Cobra Platinum coated goggles from Amazon. Hopefully it'll all get here in time for the weekend!

Just back from Normandy, france and bought:

An Enola Gaye paint grenade.

An unknown make leather belt for my kit.

A LOT of fire crackers to use at the site.

Some Elite force .20g bios

A 506th airborne patch

A 831st airlift SQ patch

And a miltec green t-shirt

Pyros are illegal for use on Most Irish airsoft sites are they not? Sites can get permits and the marshals need some sort of small handling/safety course thing but these permits are hard to get,especially in the North and the North-South Border. Do Lisburn have a permit for pyrotechnics to be used?

• Supporters

Good lard, i'm getting bored of people telling this lad he's too young... Clearly his parents give him plenty of latitude and that is their prerogative. Oh if only mine had felt similarly... I would have been able to stay on good terms with them, instead of taking the latitude I required, falling out with them, and in my youthful folly throwing the baby out with the bathwater, rejecting anything they had to say.

The laws in France regarding fire crackers are much more lax. I remember a dual French-British citizen mate of mine during my young teens used to bring back handfuls of them and tiny rockets also - they only contain about 1g of powder or something equally poxy, but they are a laugh. Obviously, since he is a minor, his parents actually own the the fire crackers, in a legal sense, just as they own his clothes, etc. Whether he will be able to use them at an airsoft site is another story. Prima facie it would appear not, however adult supervision may be sufficient. Teo, you may find that adults whom you know will give you the benefit of the doubt if you are obviously sensible and able to be trusted not to wig out and stuff lit bangers in someone's molle (just as a tempting eg), but if that turns out to be the case, you would do well to take note of how people have reacted to hearing about you just having them and let what happens in Lisburn stay in Lisburn...

Safariland style drop leg holster and an ASAP style sling plate from Taiwangun, some WE Green gas and a pair of Bolle Cobra Platinum coated goggles from Amazon. Hopefully it'll all get here in time for the weekend!

Would you consider doing a review of the holster? I'd be interested to know how good it is, being an ACM clone. (Or not necessarily a review but if you could tell me what it's like that would be much appreciated)

• Supporters

Would you consider doing a review of the holster? I'd be interested to know how good it is, being an ACM clone. (Or not necessarily a review but if you could tell me what it's like that would be much appreciated)

Will do.

• Supporters

Good lard, i'm getting bored of people telling this lad he's too young... Clearly his parents give him plenty of latitude and that is their prerogative.

This.

Come on you lot, if the site won't let him do this I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have bothered buying the fire crackers in the first place. Give the lad a break, eh?

I want a lightsaber now.

Can't wait for my horse mask to arrive! :P

Anyway, I will probably be ordering these from Flecktarn tonight.

• Bulle UCP Dump Pouch - £5
  • Bulle Olive & Black Shemagh - £5.99
  • Olive Kombat Double Rifle Bag - £19.95

Because some people are apparently colour blind, and hence ATACS FG is for the tan team at the next AI (daf**) I have just ordered myself a Propper Tac U Combat Shirt and Trousers in ATACS LE. Had to order it from the US because none of the alternative sellers seem to stock anything in long measurements >.>

Edit: Oh and a TPC Tactical Ninja Mask in LE as well :)