The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Guest PT247

Ahhhh... yes, now I get it. Pain in the arse waiting to happen...

What you need is one of those hop rubbers with no bump.

PM-PT-AEG-HOP-TB_zpse4f4d151.jpg

If I can remove this bit I may be able to use it in the std hop of the M700

• Supporters

You can get hop rubbers with no bump where the nub connects - as usual i'm fucked if i can remember where i saw 'em though...

Guest PT247

haha,I have that issue with beer!

ahh, maybe I could file one down for the RM4, if they were cheaper I just buy a load and experiment in modding them

• Supporters

Mate, if i was getting off me 'ead I wouldn't mind. At least i'd have something to show for it, as it were... all i'm getting is very poor analgesia and a whole raft of bloody annoying side effects, the least of which is a memory like a dope fiend.

• Supporters

Ahhhh... yes, now I get it. Pain in the arse waiting to happen...

What you need is one of those hop rubbers with no bump.

Or you could turn your current one inside out, by putting it on backwards on the wrong end of the barrel, and then use sandpaper to remove the bump from it, or to reduce the size of the bump. It's quite fiddly, easy to make a mistake and tear the rubber, and much, much easier to do with a soft rubber, especially the turning inside out bit.

• Supporters

Or you could turn your current one inside out, by putting it on backwards on the wrong end of the barrel, and then use sandpaper to remove the bump from it, or to reduce the size of the bump. It's quite fiddly, easy to make a mistake and tear the rubber, and much, much easier to do with a soft rubber, especially the turning inside out bit.

Have you actually done that, Liam? If so, with what rubber and sandpaper?

• Supporters

I've done it with a stock G&P rubber, MadBull blue, MadBull red and I tried it with a Prometheus red (I think). No idea on the sandpaper, was some stuff I found in the shed, was the finest stuff I could find though. I did it when I was experimenting with r-hops, used the same sandpaper on the r-hop patches and on the nub I made out of a small slice of a thick rubber band and a small patch of milk bottle plastic to keep it rigid.

Was easiest to do on the G&P one, the two MadBulls I had a bit of trouble turning inside out, had to cover them in grease and then use a small pair of pliers to actually get grip on them. The Prometheus wouldn't even turn inside out, was a harder rubber, but whatever I tried, it wouldn't go, didn't want to pull too hard as it'd rip.

When I tried that rubber in my L96, the end bit actually stopped BBs from being able to enter the barrel, was an awful rubber, wouldn't buy another hard rubber at all from that experience. Only bought it because someone recommended it to lift heavy BBs, but a larger/different shape nub allows soft rubbers to lift heavy ammo, and soft rubbers are easier to work with and give a better air seal anyway.

in the last 5 days i have bought this little lot, most of it has arrived :)

95 trousers

95 shirt

twisties

web tex knee pads

revision goggles

half mask

patrol hat

mechanix gloves

magnum boots

longback bergan

SAS smock

i wanted the bergan for work but it might be ok for airsofting. i may get an army holdall for this instead though since i seem to remember them being padlockable and big enough to take all this kit plus a rifle and pistol

• Supporters

It's spelled "bergen", Richie, like the Norwegian city. Not a big deal but if you start talking to people on certain fb pages and make mistakes like that you'll find yourself on the receiving end of a lot of 'I'm so much more ally than you' bullshit.

I've just bought some rechargeable AA's and some 6.5cm solder tabs for batteries because my new XTX446 radio finally arrived and, while the info I had received that they would take 3 AA's is substantially correct, the configuration is a bit funky... still, a bit of soldering is well worth it to get a boss radio brand new for £12.50, even though I have had to wait for yonks to actually receive it!

2 button cells for RDS,

Flectarn shirt, trousers and hat.

Some Czech/Soviet surplus AK magazine pouches off eBay. The only style of pouch I've found that fits my AUGs magazines snugly but not too tight.

£10 a pop so I've naturally brought more than I need.

Coyote brown ACU shirt, £25.50

s5MM0nZ.jpg

Tan Bulle lightweight chest rig, £25.53

aWCa34K.jpg

Coyote brown scrim net, £8.65

NO3eWoy.jpg

Scout sniper loadout is on it's way :D

• Supporters

Got an interesting item off fleabay earlier:

221411806664_1.jpg £4.99 posted / can't go wrong! Not sure I actually want a Docter sight on any of my AK's, but soonish I'll have one that is surplus to requirements, so maybe i'll stick it on there to sell.

Just started the ball rolling on buying a PDI 6.01x595mm barrel from x-fire.org but they can't just sell you stuff like any normal webby; oh no, they're not content with the tortured Japanglish on their order page, they have to drag it all out by making you wait for a 2nd email with the shipping cost and their PayPal deets :mongface:

I'm so tempted to buy a Tokarev too but I'll only regret it in 2 weeks when i have to choose between smoking and eating...

Get the Tokarev Ian... You know you want to...

I have convinced myself to get one since you rarely see them at £80.

Update:

I actually have just purchased one through redwolf plus an actual Tokarev surplus leather holster from eBay. My new toy should be here by Friday haha

Got a few patches on the way.

Picked up some Sheriff patches. One is black on OD and the other is yellow on black.

Also got a "the sheriff" name tape and a custom ironsight airsoft patch.

Can you guess what nickname I have been given at work.

• Supporters

Get the Tokarev Ian... You know you want to...

I have convinced myself to get one since you rarely see them at £80.

Update:

I actually have just purchased one through redwolf plus an actual Tokarev surplus leather holster from eBay. My new toy should be here by Friday haha

I do want to. I just rang them up for a beat around the haggle bush. It's the mags. £30. Thirty fucking quid. For 11 rounds. They're not having it though, so no. How much did you pay for your holster?

Just coughed up £88-odd for my PDI barrel. Heads up people: x-fire.org are having an easter free shipping sale woohoo!

380876561869_1.jpgSoviet Russian Army VDV Plastic Flask with pouch 1.5L Afghanistan War

171299114196_1.jpg Soviet Russian Army AK canvas mags pouch 4 mags

- $47.00 posted ~ Alexcatfish on fleabay

Just got another Soviet faux leather belt cheap too.

£19 with shipping from Poland. Apparently it's unused but considering most go for around the £30 mark I was quite happy to risk it. If I find it I'll pm you the link.

I also was a bit miffed about the cost of mags, but it's not often I have to resort to my secondary so not a major issue for me. Looking online most reviews say the mag holds enough gas for 30ish rounds so it's nothing too drastic to carry a speed loader on my lifchik somewhere.

Easter free shipping on Xfire? Nice nice nice. Cheers for the heads up. Defiantly going to stock up some W holds and other VSR parts, I might actually have some money left over from a gun job and the remains of the hicapa fund to pay the stuff. Free shipping is always nice.

I like Xfire's ordering system,makes sure everything is double double checked so you can get it. Their customer service is pretty good too. They just need to hire a proper English speaker though,however the Nipponish is readable enough albeit hilarious.