The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Was looking to get a pair of Merrell sawtooths but couldn't justify the price of importing them when I could probably pick up something similar in the uk for half the price. I was browsing eBay and came across some TMC Sawtooth copies and for 19.99 I thought I'd give them a try. So far I'm really impressed with them. For the price the quality is superb. Obviously not as good as the merrells but for once or twice a month airsoft use they are fine. Ill update once I've used them for a while to see just how they hold up.

E2DAFF0C-0792-4B63-9A08-BEE00103BBC3_zps

289A15BE-B3F2-4E24-BED2-DBC10E3BB5F3_zps

• Supporters

Apologies for the crap photos

post-2387-0-07407500-1396539805_thumb.jpgpost-2387-0-00141000-1396539834_thumb.jpgpost-2387-0-29549800-1396539854_thumb.jpgpost-2387-0-71433900-1396539874_thumb.jpg

New warrior stuff,

PLB belt, firestorm hard knuckle gloves and 3 'quick mags' all in OD (obviously).

The quick mags are like hsgi's tacos only a fair bit cheaper, quite happy with the lot- just need to get to a game to try it all out.

KJ Works M700 Take-Down.

I've heard those things leak around the join, not sure about the validity of this though... watch out anyway :)

• Supporters

How much were those gloves?

Assuming you're talking to me? just under £20 or there abouts, they seem decent enough, all real leather and nomex, sizing fits my hand better than oakley's gloves do- i've always found the oakley's fingers a little short.

Obviously I've not used them whilst skirmishing yet but they seem pretty solid and should hold up to abuse well enough.

• Supporters

Assuming you're talking to me? just under £20 or there abouts, they seem decent enough, all real leather and nomex, sizing fits my hand better than oakley's gloves do- i've always found the oakley's fingers a little short.

Obviously I've not used them whilst skirmishing yet but they seem pretty solid and should hold up to abuse well enough.

£20? They look pretty good, most of my gloves are getting a bit tatty so I might purchase a pair. Give us an update on them after you've skirmished with them?

• Supporters

£20? They look pretty good, most of my gloves are getting a bit tatty so I might purchase a pair. Give us an update on them after you've skirmished with them?

Will do, won't be for a couple of weeks though :)

• Supporters

Who says airsofter can't look FABULOUS.

My half face mesh mask came today. Not the most exciting purchase but better than having to pick my teeth off Tac House's floor............

Actually I was in a nail salon with my g/f last year and i was so bored i asked if they would do me a manicure while i waited for she-whom-must-be-indulged's fancy pants falsies to be applied and painted... "NO WAY," came the stern admonition, "We don't do men." No explanation, in fact a complete refusal to elaborate... fuck 'em, eh?

Let me know how you get on with this as thinking of getting one when back in stock for my M700

Will do.

Will do, won't be for a couple of weeks though :)

Those gloves look almost as good as Southcombe Bros'. Got a linky?

• Supporters

Yeah here you go:

http://www.uktactical.com/p-9429-warrior-firestorm-hard-knuckle-glove-olive-drab.aspx

They do them in another style here too

http://www.uktactical.com/p-9419-warrior-enforcer-hard-knuckle-glove-olive-drab.aspx

Also in tan (though it's more a brown/ct tbh)

Actually I was in a nail salon with my g/f last year and i was so bored i asked if they would do me a manicure while i waited for she-whom-must-be-indulged's fancy pants falsies to be applied and painted... "NO WAY," came the stern admonition, "We don't do men." No explanation, in fact a complete refusal to elaborate... f*ck 'em, eh?

Will do.

Take it there was no way of an anal bleaching either?

I had the old Warrior Firestorm gloves and they were decent but I found the leather fingers mean doing anything near fiddly was hard and they seemed to require very long and skinny fingers to fit entirely correctly.

Eventually the side stitching on one of the gloves gave out and I decided to switch the Mechanix.

However, that was a while ago so will be interested to see how they've improved them

• Supporters

Eventually the side stitching on one of the gloves gave out and I decided to switch the Mechanix.

Didn't you cut the fingers off? That may have contributed to this :P

I'll get a comparison compared to both oakley SI assault gloves, vipers gloves and some mechanix gloves on saturday so shall report back after that after seeing the lot together.

• Supporters

Apologies for the crap photos

attachicon.gifIMAG0008.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0009.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0010.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0011.jpg

New warrior stuff,

PLB belt, firestorm hard knuckle gloves and 3 'quick mags' all in OD (obviously).

The quick mags are like hsgi's tacos only a fair bit cheaper, quite happy with the lot- just need to get to a game to try it all out.

Let me know how you get on with the quick mag pouches. You use PMAGs too don't you? I was wondering if they would be a bit long and prone to wobbling out.

• Supporters

Let me know how you get on with the quick mag pouches. You use PMAGs too don't you? I was wondering if they would be a bit long and prone to wobbling out.

They seem to hold the mags as tightly if not more-so than the normal ones to be honest, I was a bit sceptical at first but am very happy with how they've turned out. I fitted them to my DCS, they have slight movement (millimetres but noticeable if you try to move it) if you try and twist them due to not having the molle weaved as many times but it's not a massive amount and are still very secure- especially when the final bit is folded back up under the elastic. When stacked next to another it's not even noticeable.

I've adjusted mine very tight and the grip the mags surprisingly well- haven't tried a stanag style yet, only pmags but I'll get round to it tomorrow, I see no reason for concern though, certainly a mag wont wobble out. I've only tried pmags as I say, but i'll try an m14 and whatever other mags I can find lying around to check adjust-ability too- though I'm very impressed so expect it again to be no issue.

Again I haven't skirmished them yet but from having a play with them I expect them to be great- the only thing I will say is that as I have them so tight, TM recoil mags can be a bit slower than normal aeg mags to put back into the pouches due to the cut-out for the bolt lock feature. The way I see it though is that I'm only ever going to be putting mags back in the pouches from my dump pouch when I'm sure it's safe and no chance of getting hit where I'd have a little extra time- it's only a second or so extra anyway but something to be aware of all the same.

If any of that didn't make sense then sorry, im tired lol.

Didn't you cut the fingers off? That may have contributed to this :P

I'll get a comparison compared to both oakley SI assault gloves, vipers gloves and some mechanix gloves on saturday so shall report back after that after seeing the lot together.

I was planning on but decided not to. The reason I was thinking about doing it was because the leather ends made doing anything fiddly very hard

The stitching that came apart was actually along the side on the lower thumb from the wrist to the knuckle

• Supporters

Long skinny fingers... ahhhhhhhhhh, at last! The new Pyrohide Kevlar ones i got for crimbo aren't working out too well for finger length :'(

Talking of soldering earlier reminded me I needed some more heatshrink and i've discovered TDB of the stuff in transparent. Picture paints 1000 words:

IMAG2068.jpg

That's the same 3mm diameter stuff on 16AWG and some approx 30 and 36 signal wire - it shrinks more than the 2:1 advertised - basically it's the neatest stuff I've ever used and that includes when I soldered up the Neutriks onto Canford for LIPA Studios 3 & 4 (which, for the uninitiated, is a big deal). Get it here for £1.70 / 2m posted.

A Pile of stuff from Gunfire

Cyma Electric Pistol

Spare Battery and Mags for pistol

6 M4 Midcap mags

Magpul Extending stock

M4 Stock Tube

Single Point Sling

Mich 2001 Helmet

From various suppliers

3 mag Molle Pouch

Shemagh

New Goggles