The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

For me:

t'other 1/2 dozen manly mag springs - £16.50 posted ~ RSOV

another Turnigy Nano-Tech 11.1V 25C-50C 1.3Ah LiPo - $16 posted ~ hobbyking

Cold War era Soviet Faux Leather belt, 2 Afghan Coins, & 9 Soviet Badges inc. Felix Dzerzhinsky portrait (woohoo) - 28.07 Swiss Francs :blink: (maybe my Russian geezer has wised up to the real value of the $US) = approx £20

1m length bundle of 0000 grade steel wool - £2.04 posted ~ fleabay

500ml Acetone & 250ml Dichloromethane - £11.28 couriered ~ fleabay (for taking varnish off gun furniture, but I may yet add some NaOH if the hideous gloop proves stubborn)

50g VAN DYKE CRYSTALS - £2.49 posted ~ fleabay (trad wood stain made from walnut husks)

190411309084_4.jpg KGB Special Units Senior Lieutenant Shoulder Boards - £[redacted] ~ fleabay

25103233579000000001_1.jpgMulti Function Target - £9.49 delivered ~ fleabay

Edited by Ian_Gere
more

Paid for a new delta ring (real steel style to replace CYMA -TM- one) so my MOE PTS Handguard will fit properly

This also means I will be selling my RIS and I have a potential buyer :)

Also, my MAG mags arrived today! Stated as OD colour, but actually close to Coyote Brown or Coyote Tan. Feed well, not too tight or wobbly either. Very pleased - I will be buying a box set of them.

post-7670-0-11564300-1395532590_thumb.jpg

Good man. Join the club :D

Make sure to get some Tanaka long mags for it, the standard KJW flush ones suck balls. I only use mine as a backup.

Are you going to NAE this year? If you are I'm thinking M700 sniper team :D

Guest PT247

Am hoping to run an HPA/CO2 rig with it, but yes will go for the Tanaka long as 30 rounds is far better than 10! :D

I don't know when it is, but have never done the sniper role before so I'd poss not be a help, more of a hindrance lol :$ I had to use my PTS ERG today as a DMR as it is currently running hot and found that quite easy to adapt to, was glad of my trusty G18c though! :D

It's fun when you get 12 year old kids looking at you like you're some kind of god, because you have this massively obvious tan-painted beast of a scoped rifle in your hands.

The rest of the time you are taking potshots at enemies and you keep wishing that you bought a tightbore and a new hop rubber and nub before the skirmish :D

• Supporters

I can hardly believe I've just done this, but...

king-arms-enhanced-selector-lever-ka-sel King Arms Enhanced Selector Lever for AK - £31.54 delivered from HK :gulp:

But good old airsoft.tiger111hk.com came through for the internal plate, including a $0.13 discount which under the circumstances could not be sniffed at... so £2.90-odd delivered also from HK.

I feel slightly nauseous.

Just bought a viper neoprene mask seine site manager says I have to wear one for insurance purposes.

Also bought a 5 foot by 3 foot communist flag for my bedroom.

• Supporters

Just bought a viper neoprene mask seine site manager says I have to wear one for insurance purposes.

Wander what the logic is one that? It's not gonna provide much protection lol

Wander what the logic is one that? It's not gonna provide much protection lol

Hopefully he will let me use it or I'll just wear it under my mesh mask

Most sites say that those under the age of 16 or 18 in some cases must have full face protection. Although it does make no sense getting both

CYMA metal AK hop up unit, AK RIS Handgrip and Tactical Pistol Grip and a few mid-cap AK waffle type mags. :unsure:

Anyone with an AK 47 Marui compatible metal body?

• Supporters

Most sites say that those under the age of 16 or 18 in some cases must have full face protection. Although it does make no sense getting both

I know but a requirement for a neoprene mask is ridiculous, it's hardly going to protect anything

• Supporters

A neoprene mask is the difference between broken skin and red marks. It's also much less likely to allow a broken tooth. In either case mesh is superior and I'm certain it's either/or not both...

Plus with mesh, if a BB hits the front of the mask you won't feel much impact as it's 3-5cm away from your skin... neoprene's in contact with the skin so you'll still feel the impact and some shots (especially from a tuned sniper rifle/DMR) could potentially bruise and hurt like a bitch.

• Supporters

A neoprene mask is the difference between broken skin and red marks. It's also much less likely to allow a broken tooth. In either case mesh is superior and I'm certain it's either/or not both...

I still wouldn't trust it to protect your teeth, given I've heard reports of players getting teeth broken whilst wearing a gumshield. Not to mention neoprene isn't exactly kind on your skin.

• Supporters

I got shot by two people at point blank with CO2 pistols into a neoprene mask (I burst through a door at Tac House: Spartan and they were aiming at head height, which I thought was a bit moody...). Both hits got me side by side on the top lip - more surprise than anything, but there was a red mark. I think you'd have to be quite close for a sniper BB to actually bruise through neoprene.

Teeth wise, I think it may just be possible for a BB to get through the holes over the mouth, or not even penetrate but push the neoprene against teeth with just enough BB contact through the hole to cause a shattered tooth - but really it'd be a one in ten million or more coincidence. But yeah, mesh is the way forward for complete peace of mind. It's not sweaty to wear either...

• Supporters

That was my thinking, if the insurance wanted face protection I don't see why the site wouldn't just say mesh lowers- that way there's a much reduced chance of anything severe.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I'd imagine it would be pretty easy for the insurance to raise the point of why was a neoprene mask recommended when a mesh mask would offer more comprehensive lower face protection. I've seen sites ban things like sniper rifles for under 18s and certain types of gas, but in those cases it is feasible that they could put the site at risk. Neoprene is just flat out not as good as an existing, readily available and used solution.

Teo just so you know this isn't a dig at you, it just seems like a strange suggestion/request from your site.

Never even considered that, thinking about it I can't imagine neoprene is much fun to wear :P

I guess some people just like wearing rubber? :D

Just bought a dump pouch Gas mask bag

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-UK-Army-Canvas-and-Leather-Gas-Mask-Bag-/120673581787?pt=UK_Women_s_Handbags&hash=item1c18b4badb

80c7_12.JPG

Late WW2 style lightweight gas mask bag. An authentic item to carry where people usually have a dump pouch on modern loadouts and should fit empty sten mags with ease :)