The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Not sure about width, but they seem to run very big on the shoe size. I get a 9 sometimes 10 in civvie trainers, usually an 8 in issued shoes/boots but I had to go for a 7 on these (for some reason the 8s were enormous boats compared to normal).

• Supporters

evilfree & I have different serial numbers on our Xcortech X3200 chrono's, so I'm calling that good evidence they're the real deal, not knock offs. I bought mine from here - £48 posted.

• Supporters

121289439204_1.jpgSoviet Spetsnaz Beret Flash Badge - £6.95 posted ~ fleabay.

Free boots that I'd actually quite willingly wear to airsoft (makes a nice change).

I was issued these in black few years ago. Were great for a few months then got very uncomfy. patrolling in them for 11 hours a time just killed them.

• Supporters

Not to worry, they'll be used for about 7 days total of light duties each year (excluding contingencies like we had with the floods) and maybe the odd skirmish. So I should be alright.

As you say they are a lightweight/urban ops type boot end of the day, wouldn't expect much out of them. Got my LOWAs if I ever have to do lots of bergan tabs over the falklands again.

Looks like my rant worked!!

this arrived just now!

149E8256-524F-4920-88C1-2A8C8545589D.jpg

Containing 6 of the finest PTS Magpul Pmags for TM recoils!

97F7E9A7-781A-4336-9B80-9CCC9BB0991C.jpg

F38A9044-70E3-4258-BFE4-F025E5598390.jpg

and she looks bad ass!

BD3CC8C2-C531-4939-A556-C7AE923CC3A3.jpg

310887035996_1.jpg

Yay finally!

ok probably not that exciting to most of you but it's the Haft or Handle for my WW2 Entrenching tool. The entrenching tool and cover came with my webbing but was missing the handle. The left hand end takes a shovel/pickaxe or at the right hand end you can fix your bayonet to create a melee weapon, mine detecting poker or more likely to cook sausages over a fire.

Also just noticed an email regarding the small pack I ordered previously, they had found they didn't have any left and refunded my money so I have now ordered another from epic militaria.

• Supporters

310889760883_1.jpgMOTOROLA XTX446 (not a typo) - £12.50 posted ~ fleabay

The seller has a pile of these which have been going for less than £15 every few days for a couple of months. No battery: apparently they will take 3 x AA and Motorola 2 pin for audio accessories <- which is a pain in the arse, although I'm planning to go wireless for PTT so I would have had to buy a new one anyway. I'm tempted to to dismantle it and hardwire the PTT base unit to the handset with about 150mm of wire between them to cut down the spaghetti on my chest and, with the PTT transmit unit loose to attach to gun handguards, I should be tangle-free.

• Supporters

That M14 looks sweet, Sam. I just varnished the furniture of my CM.048 - used cheap varnish thinking it would look authentic Soviet. Turns out communist varnish may have been all the same, but apparently was pretty good in comparison to the choice capitalism gave me :lol: gonna have to get some acetone and steel wool and start again!

Anyhoo, recent purchases: 36 Thunder B shells for a blag price I feel would be dishonourable to reveal :lol: some DDPM nade pouches from our own dear Blacktor; a set of bright and set of subdued Soviet Motorised Rifle Troops insignia plus an orange Survival 1st Aid box.

My Afganka turned up too, woohoo!

Just bought:

Marui FN 5-7 mags x2

Double mag pouch

M105 spring

M100 spring (playing around with my scars fps etc)

G&G green hop rubber

I'm now at that stage where new gearbox parts are very exciting to me!

• Supporters

^^Wait until the absence of wear on the contact face of an anti-reversal latch gives you wood!

Just bought a Z-Tactical Wireless PTT - £20.54 posted ~ fleabay

2 x 16340 batteries and a double charger (which also fits 2 18650's B) ) - £3.99 posted ~ fleabay

HP Pavilion G6 15.6" LED Screen to replace the one I accidentally shot - £37.69 posted ~ fleabay

HP Pavilion G6 15.6" LED Screen to replace the one I accidentally shot - £37.69 posted ~ fleabay

Will there now be a Youtube vid of you finishing the job? :D

• Supporters

Fitting the new 1, no. Shooting the shit out of the old 1... tempting but also no, because ricochets might damage other parts of my lappy and i'm suffering enough as it is :'(

Just picked up some Pantac M14 mag pouches in OD.

WAS dont make them anymore and wont be any time soon! add to the fact the tan ones are £15 each for a single! So that would be £90 for the 6 i need....no chance!

• Supporters

Meindl Desert Fox boots

ESS VICE Rx insert

WE M9 mag

half a dozen Vanaras magazine springs to make my Dytac mag followers a bit more manly!