The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Brought yet another boneyard bargin this time A G&G RK99, this only had the charging handle snapped to £169, seen it for £330 in a few sites, also managed to get a replacement charging handle to £15. That means I've made a saving of £300 on two top tech guns from G&G in the last two wks wahoooooo

I love that gun. I' so jealous.

Due to my recent acquisition of a Sten, I have made a start on a WW2 airbourne loadout. Starting with the Denison smock:

https://shop.strato.de/epages/61431412.sf/sec5d56bb1771/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/200007/SubProducts/200007-0001

If I'd known I could've got a repro for that price, i'd have been walking around in one for a day-to-day for yonks!

I love that gun. I' so jealous.

If I'd known I could've got a repro for that price, i'd have been walking around in one for a day-to-day for yonks!

It's not too late, its what credit cards are for :D

Trust me, the sten is worth it. I did my usual method of testing a gun, by shooting into a pile of pillows. I now have a load of holes in my pillow case, thats never happened before. The rate of fire on the sten, with just an 8.4 NiMH is insane.

Oh and its not a repro smock, its the real thing. The British army sold a load to the Belgians after the war so they could use them in the Congo, the design had changed slightly by then. The surplus ones are still obtainable, it just took me hours of trawling the web to fiind one.

^^Name'n'shame 'em.

Patchmart.co.uk

I joined his Facebook pages and it's full of people giving him sh*t about not receiving their order.

My other patch arrived today, where should I put it?

Helmet:

1n8p.jpg

Or vest:

eurs.jpg

Learn from my mistake, use a thin marker when writing on fabric! :P

• Supporters

Through a winning combination of artistic prowess (I painted a guitar for someone - naked lady an' evryfink) and Xmas dosh I went shopping today....

Socom Gear M9A1 in tan with Gemtech silencer and a X-fire Xiphos torch copy doodad:

2014-01-10230044.jpg

(HB pencil - models own)

plus my SCAR is wearing this seasons latest fashions...

EGLM (D-Boys - it wasd a present)

DYTAC QD tracer

Cobra 551

Pirate Arms FTS 3x Magnifier

2014-01-10223922.jpg

It now weighs more than Guildford!

• Supporters

Mate, I burned my bridges with credit cards when i was @uni - my attitude was "If you're daft enough to lend it to me, i'll spend it... oh, you want it back? Yeah, sure, the thing is you didn't read the small print*".

Although... I have recently finally got around to spanking £300 on a new washer/dryer through an entirely new source of credit - thank you very.co.uk - which does give my monster overdraft a slight amount of wiggle room - but i dunno about a oner's worth...

If it's still going by the 21st, that'll be a different story :);)

*i. I don't give a flying fuck.

ii. You cannot intimidate me with threats of court action A. I've been there before & B. but not limited to, I've worked in auctions so I know it'll cost you more to send the bailiffs in than you'll get for the stuff.

iii. I am not ashamed of being in debt.

iv. Even if (iii) were the case, it's not my fault that the economy is built on the idea that a debt is an asset and therefore he who has least actually has most, but not really. Obviously this will all come to a sticky end soon, so I'll have my slice of the emperor's new cake and spunk it however I see fit: just call it A. my bonus, B. my golden parachute, C. my birthday present.

v. With particular reference to (i), no seriously, I really don't give a flying fuck.

• Supporters

Mate, I burned my bridges with credit cards when i was @uni - my attitude was "If you're daft enough to lend it to me, i'll spend it... oh, you want it back? Yeah, sure, the thing is you didn't read the small print*".

Although... I have recently finally got around to spanking £300 on a new washer/dryer through an entirely new source of credit - thank you very.co.uk - which does give my monster overdraft a slight amount of wiggle room - but i dunno about a oner's worth...

If it's still going by the 21st, that'll be a different story :);)

*i. I don't give a flying f*ck.

ii. You cannot intimidate me with threats of court action A. I've been there before & B. but not limited to, I've worked in auctions so I know it'll cost you more to send the bailiffs in than you'll get for the stuff.

iii. I am not ashamed of being in debt.

iv. Even if (iii) were the case, it's not my fault that the economy is built on the idea that a debt is an asset and therefore he who has least actually has most, but not really. Obviously this will all come to a sticky end soon, so I'll have my slice of the emperor's new cake and spunk it however I see fit: just call it A. my bonus, B. my golden parachute, C. my birthday present.

v. With particular reference to (i), no seriously, I really don't give a flying f*ck.

errmmmm...wrong thread?

errmmmm...wrong thread?

nope, look at my previous post in this thread and it will all become clear.

I have started a separate thread on my loadout for the sten now. The partisan idea is becoming more and more appealing. The gear is so complicated and it seems that if I want to do some WW2 airsofting, I need to get it right. So in case anyone else decides that a sten looks cool, I thought it best to chronicle the hell I am having to go though so they can skip the hours of research :D

• Supporters

errmmmm...wrong thread?

No.

It's not too late, its what credit cards are for :D

etc.

etc.

• Supporters

just for me one of these with a spare mag

Nice! And handy for tenderising steak on the skirmish field!

Just bought a tactical softshell jacket off eBay. Unfortunately doesn't say the make / brand but oh well. Got it for £29.20 which seems like a good deal given most are £45 - £60 new?

Looking to also bid on an OPTIMUS UK 3-9x40mm scope. It looks really good, it's the last one so hopefully I can get it at a good price. Only problem is lack of instruction manual and not a great box but says the scope itself is in great condition.

• Supporters

Mr_B that scope listing is some kind of bollocks - there are at least 2 that i've seen saying "last one!" for that scope from the same seller and the same thing with the 50mm objective lens ones also. Just be aware that they're not cheap because they're end of line stock, they're cheap b/c they were made in China cheaply - which doesn't mean they are shite by any means, but may, and that's only may, mean that the tube is not a dry nitrogen atmosphere (which prevents internal fogging) and/or that the mount ring clamps may not be robust enough to put the kind of torque on there that prevents loss of zero (but you can Loctite 'em apparently - personally I need to try this on some cheap mount rings of mine).

Having finally got my UKARA I've got myself 2 guns..

an ASG Ingram MAC10 for CQB fun and a Full Stock Franchi SAS 12 3-burst shotgun for something a bit alternative in the woods... Hopefully the G36 H&K rifle will be following hard on their tail!

Ares M700 MSR with a couple of upgrades, big scary looking rifle thats currently to hot for my local sites, and a burst king mosfet unit for my PDR

After finally complaining about how much I hate hi-caps, I decide to buy some MAG midcaps. They feed brilliantly, they are very sturdy and they look great! Only issue is, is that they are a bit on the lightweight side and feel a bit weird. Oh well, no more winding :D

After finally complaining about how much I hate hi-caps, I decide to buy some MAG midcaps. They feed brilliantly, they are very sturdy and they look great! Only issue is, is that they are a bit on the lightweight side and feel a bit weird. Oh well, no more winding :D

I have the mag 190 rnds and they are stupid heavy.

• Supporters

If you want your mid caps heavier, there is a fair bit of space inside 'em that you could put lead in - B&Q lead flashing, or better yet, get it from a scrap yard.

I have the mag 190 rnds and they are stupid heavy.

Oh, well mine only hold 130 rounds. Are yours metal? because I have the plastic ones

If you want your mid caps heavier, there is a fair bit of space inside 'em that you could put lead in - B&Q lead flashing, or better yet, get it from a scrap yard.

Sounds like a plan, my dad's sure to have some random shite usable in his van as weights

I received my full set of SADF Nutria clothing.. only problem is its too new and unused!

TRMR impact grenade. Far too shiny to throw, though!

Also some Chinese "O" style gloves for £7 inc postage. Bit of a gamble, but for £7, they're pretty darn good!