The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

It's fine at that FPS. Really.

Also you have joule creep to keep in mind. You might actually gain FPS when compared to the FPS/weight calculator.

Gas guns work in a weird but wonderful way.

• Supporters

Yeah you'll wanna keep an eye on that (speaking generally to anybody here that might not know) you might only be doing say 330 on a 0.2 with a far lower muzzle velocity on a 0.28 etc, but with such a long barrel in a GBBr (the L85 especially is roughly the same as a 20" M16) your muzzle energy could well be much too high for site safety limits.

• Supporters

I'll chrono using the weight I intend to use and keep within the conversion chart limits.

I think all sites should have to chrono via that method anyway.

• Supporters

They should indeed, not hard to have a conversion chart printed and kept on a table next to the chrono station.

I'd bet money a lot of people are breaking the safety rules without the foggiest idea they're even doing it. Specially when you see so many people on different forums recommending heavier weight ammo for GBB weapons.

Picked up this today. took a drive to Poole to visit Z1.

Happy with the deal in the end as i asked them to price match milspec Solutions...so they did knocking £45 off their price!

5E70800D-EFB2-4D80-8D0C-C4D98687611E.jpg

Conversion charts dont work Ed.

Energy wise: 1J on a 0.2g would be like 330fps, 1J on 0.3g would be 270fps.

But joule creep actually means you get something like 285fps on a 0.3g which would mean 1.15J.

Thats 0.15J increase without doing anything to your gun apart from changing BB weight.

Technically however most sites state 350fps on 0.2g, not a joule limit therefore you havn't broken any of their rules. You would still be within legal limits too so not a huge thing to worry about.

This is a thing with GBBRs as the bb doesnt stop accelerating until it leaves the barrel, thus gaining more speed.

Picked up this today. took a drive to Poole to visit Z1.

Happy with the deal in the end as i asked them to price match milspec Solutions...so they did knocking £45 off their price!

Lol You'd think they'd just put down their standard price to match, rather than waiting for people to ask. Thats a huge gap.

Hey made a loss selling to me. £105 I paid was under their buy in price. So they said.

Don't care! It goes full auto and makes me smile!!!!!! Oh and it fires straight!

That is zero one remember though, they overcharge for everything they sell. PTS masadas for example were over £100 more than anywhere else if I remember correctly.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/price_promise.php

Don't care! It goes full auto and makes me smile!!!!!! Oh and it fires straight!

Are you insulting my Glock Sam? I never did anything to you... :P

No my old 19 needed a new hop rubber as the bbs went 10 foot and then went skyward!

No my old 19 needed a new hop rubber as the bbs went 10 foot and then went skyward!

I was kidding mate wouldn't care if you were I feel the same as you

Well maybe not the full auto bit :P

Just treated to myself to an early Xmas present:

A TM MP7A1 GBB got to say feels amazingly comfortable and easy to manoeuvre looking forward to puting it through its paces

just got one myself, looks a lovely bit of kit :-)

Not airsoft related but.........

DBAEDC55-1AB7-4922-BD39-F6CE8E587812.jpg

Merry christmas and happy birthday to me!

Great minds think alike.....

Just traded in my Toyota GT86 for a vRS Blackline too :D

DSC_0086_zpspbvyfbu0.JPG

31qNForcM4L._SX100_.jpg41J%2Bc5apkML._SX100_.jpg41Pg4Li6F1L._SX100_.jpg51A2L4aS9UL._SX100_.jpg

I've been toying with getting a rubber weapon for melee kills. Toyed with various ideas, rubber knives, bayonets and axes have all been done so I narrowed it down to a shoto sword http://www.amazon.co.uk/Martial-Black-Polypropylene-Plastic-Training/dp/B00GYZK81Q/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2 but then I saw something in the suggestions at the bottom of the page http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GYZFK1E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A Kukri! It seemed more military and less ninja, but it should scare some ppl :)

Grenade pouches in DPM and Coyote and a radio pouch.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Martial-Black-Polypropylene-Plastic-Training/dp/B00GYZK81Q/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2 but then I saw something in the suggestions at the bottom of the page http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GYZFK1E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A Kukri! It seemed more military and less ninja, but it should scare some ppl :)

Sites wont allow those btw. They do not bend.

I have a poly katana bokken which is solid as a rock. Training blade yes, airsoft safe not really.

Sites wont allow those btw. They do not bend.

I have a poly katana bokken which is solid as a rock. Training blade yes, airsoft safe not really.

spoil sports :(

Its not like knives are used like the real thing anyway, just a tap on the shoulder with it.

Yeah but even as they are, they can still do a fair bit of damage if you were to slip or something.

Although i still claim more damage can be done with a flash hider from a gun. Especially the AK slanted compensators.

hmm, I wonder if I cut along the wavy line at the edge of the textured bit and then made a replacement craft foam insert...

My other idea for a melee weapon was to use a fly swat painted matt black with velcro to attach one of these:

41SrLSgkRKL._AA160_.jpg