The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Not airsoft related but.........

DBAEDC55-1AB7-4922-BD39-F6CE8E587812.jpg

Merry christmas and happy birthday to me!

How is it NOT airsoft related? Do your guns not fit in the boot? :D

Not quite bought, but got this as part-ex for my MP7.

WE G36C and plenty of mags. HK FTW

d9Q8CsA.jpg

Also found out my roof leaks so i can now drive to skirmishes in the dry and warm. New hardtop

0WEBc31.jpg

How is it NOT airsoft related? Do your guns not fit in the boot? :D

yes they will as will many of my kills from the day......boot is huge!!!

Thats one reason why I use gas lol. No need to remember to put batteries on charge in the evening. :)

• Supporters

360668778219_2.jpg 65m x 3mm Paracord in 5 pieces off an actual parachute - £11.19 delivered ~ Fleabay

360802013897_1.jpg 3" x 2" - £4.51 delivered ~ Fleabay

270890130041_1.jpg ACM SERPA Molle plate - £7.50 delivered ~ Fleabay

251409321003_1.jpg 105x55mm - £4.84 delivered ~ World Hobby on Fleabay

271335224850_1.jpg Matrix Double O-Ring Piston Head w/ Bearings - £9.93 delivered ~ Fleabay

190879671504_1.jpg AK-47/74 Rear Sight 20mm Rail - £11.90 delivered ~ Dual Deal Shop on Fleabay

111241669754_1.jpg Element M105 Spring New - £6.00 ~ Fleabay

Edited by Ian_Gere
just ninja'd the spring

Just ordered one of these

post-4404-0-67136500-1388469942_thumb.jpg

From pro airsoft supplies for £137 inc p&p not seeing as it only has a broken cocking lever/ handle.

• Supporters

^^There was a pic when I 1st saw that post - a G3 SAS iirc

Anyhoo, a parcel just arrived from Poland :) with most of my seasonal/birthday gifts in it and some stuff I tacked on to the same order from taiwangun.com:

s714.jpg

CYMA CM.048 w/ Guarder SP100 spring (fires @ approx 341FPS) & 3 x CYMA metal AK-74 Mid Caps

+ AK-47S ACM Stock (for the nut, so it can replace the lost one on my Inokatsu/TM)

1 x 800rnd RPK Hi Cap (to make 4 inc 3 mid caps to fill a pouch and replace busted quad-stack as backup)

1 x SVD Mid Cap (also to fill a pouch)

2000 0.32g P&J white BB's (the heaviest white BB's currently available - let's hope they're good!)

1 x Dummy Soviet F1 Grenade "Limonka" (for coolsies - it does bugger all, not even holds BB's)

• Supporters

I just bought an RA Tech L85A2 and 6 mags.

My wallet hates me.

Does anyone know if the ICS adaptor for the Madbull L85 RIS set will work on the WE, or should I order a new WE specific one?

Need to get myself some propane and an adaptor as well.

Ed - I hope this makes sense, but if not, I'll go grab the camera and photo mine to explain it better.

The answer is yes and no, Ed.

The ICS adaptor and the Madbull rail will fit on the WE, but, it will be such an incredibly lose fit the handguard will wobble all the time. Much simpler to get the WE adaptor for the Madbull rail.

The alternative to the Madbull rail + adaptor is the WE rail kit and replacement gas-block kit (as I did), but I wouldn't. While the fit and set up is more realistic (the sling-loop bolt goes through the gas block and hand guard holds it in place), the quality on mine was way off, and I had to get the hole for the gas block re-drilled so I could fit the rail in place. Not the only person to have this problem with the WE rail and gas block either.

I've just bought a WE SUSAT (or ESAT as they call it). Aside from the hideous "Phantom" WE trades printed on it, it's quite nice.

• Supporters

I forgot that you had one, Hugh. How have you been finding it?

I've bought the WE adaptor now, along with a propane adaptor, both from Landwarrior.

So after my skirmish trip on Saturday, I'll be heading over to "Go Outdoors" or "CCC" or whatever the hell it's called these days, to get me some Coleman's Prostinkyshitane.

• Supporters

if you haven't already, get a discount/members card, big savings to be had!

also, reference propane, if you're not averse to a bit of initial outlay and would quite like gas so cheap it's almost free get a 20Kg bottle of calor (other brands available) propane and one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=propane+refill&_sacat=See-All-Categories

aaaaaand then:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Refill-Disposable-Propane-Tank-from-a-Standard-BBQ/

ta-da! what's even better is that most places when you take back the cylinder from the first time will charge much less for the second one, so you can end up (in about 5 years time when you've used the first 20Kg) getting a SHITLOAD of gas for next to nothing.

Just ordered an oshiboom from Red1airsoft

a 1 point sling and a belt from Military1st via amazon (nothing fancy, just means I don't have to swap my current ones between loadouts)

• Supporters

oh dear ed, whatever happened to fiscal responsibility?!

I killed it.

I forgot that you had one, Hugh. How have you been finding it?

In a word, superawesomemagicfuntimehappiness :D . As much as I love my ICS, this thing, with it's lack of electronics and gears, is far easier for me to understand.

I went for bog-standard internals (apart from the NPAS, and MilSpec fixing the pistol grip), my plan is to upgrade parts only when absolutely necessary. I've had to make some minor modifications to the bolt and guide-rods, as they kept getting caught on each other. 5 minutes with a round metal file, and it seems to work.

The bolt release (square switch on left, above fire selector) is a bit fiddly, and can get warped with use. Hold-open catch (on right) is non-functional, and will break if touched (it's not actually held in place by anything)

Entirely stock, it's giving me great range and accuracy, and a fairly consistent FPS of 300-350. Not the most reliable weapon in the current temperatures, but due to the accuracy & range, this is my out-doors weapon, while my ICS has been relegated to indoors/CQB only.

• Supporters

Really? That's impressive. I was planning on using it for short range and AEGs for long.

That's good news.

Iain mentioned the bolt catch on the right side. Is there no way to fasten it in? Melting some solder on the back of it or something? Or would anything extra being on it block the bolt or something?

Really? That's impressive. I was planning on using it for short range and AEGs for long.

That's good news.

Iain mentioned the bolt catch on the right side. Is there no way to fasten it in? Melting some solder on the back of it or something? Or would anything extra being on it block the bolt or something?

Yeah GBBRs tend to shoot for miles. Plus accuracy is great on semi. Make sure you're running at least 0.28g with the RA-Tech rubber. My 416 would overhop 0.25g with the hop basically turned off.

• Supporters

I've got about 600 or so .28 Bastard BBs left, and a couple of fistfuls of .30s

Iain said it was tuned for around 340fps with the NPAS though, so using ammo that heavy is going to put it well below the 300 mark =/