The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Oh right, I get you. Can you tell me how long it is from one end of the pad to the other then, please.

Yeah, I've got 3 single XML T-6 LED torches: 1 is dodgy, 2 are great, so I spose i'll go with Meatloaf on that :lol:

I'm hoping for 'kin ridiculous from this new'un tho!

Edit: actually I've just remembered I have 4 - so 3 out of 4 beats Meatloaf :lol:

How bright are the good ones? I'm using a small 1600lm ultrafire. It's a good light but I don't think its 1600lms.

• Supporters

Yeah, they used to offer cashback through topcashback too, but no more. I think my best bet might be to get some MTP ripstop nylon or something similarly lightweight and make a cover for my proper back support. I'll be able to do a few different covers. It's just getting round to it :lol:

• Supporters

This is a single 18650 battery one vs a dual 18650:

u0mk.jpg

sj2s.jpg

In the outdoor one, the ambient light has made my phone camera screw up the contrast - the porch lamp across the road isn't really as bright as it seems, the brighter torch can easily light up the wall next to that lamp, but my phone can't see it :lol:

I was surprised to learn a few months ago that there is no accepted standard way of measuring lumen output, but what I also found out is that 1600 is what a single XML T6 is capable of, according to the manufacturer, not what the torches kick out. I forget the deets now, but I'm pretty sure the voltage wasn't the same as used in these torches anyway...

This is a single 18650 battery one vs a dual 18650:

In the outdoor one, the ambient light has made my phone camera screw up the contrast - the porch lamp across the road isn't really as bright as it seems, the brighter torch can easily light up the wall next to that lamp, but my phone can't see it :lol:

I was surprised to learn a few months ago that there is no accepted standard way of measuring lumen output, but what I also found out is that 1600 is what a single XML T6 is capable of, according to the manufacturer, not what the torches kick out. I forget the deets now, but I'm pretty sure the voltage wasn't the same as used in these torches anyway...

I have a single and a dual one. The dual one is rated 1800lm and the single is 1600lm. I really like the output of the dual but that's the faulty one. Don't suppose you have an extra one? I know they're cheap from china but they take so long to arrive!

I thought when the police test out the tint in car windows the machine they use measures lumens?

• Supporters

Yeah, I think that's right, but I spose their method uses pre-calibrated gear. The thing with commercially available LED's is that there is no standard distance of meter from light source, nor surroundings/reflectors, etc. so while we can reasonably hope that the figures for the products of a given manufacturer should be be consistent with each other, once it comes to various Chinese factories putting LED's in torches, even if the figures they were quoting were the output from the torch, rather than the potential of the LED, we could hardly trust them anyway. It's not just Chinese manufacturers though - that was my main point really: there is no internationally recognised standard for any manufacturer to adhere to so they just make up their own tests.

Yeah, they used to offer cashback through topcashback too, but no more. I think my best bet might be to get some MTP ripstop nylon or something similarly lightweight and make a cover for my proper back support. I'll be able to do a few different covers. It's just getting round to it :lol:

It's a MTP battle belt for use with the Osprey Ian, they go for around £20 on ebay, I just had a quick look for you and they come in a few different sizes aswell. Could save you the hassle mate!

• Supporters

Cheers Ted. Cheeky, could you measure the width of the bit that the belt goes through, please? Maybe i can just slide my back protector through one.

You could buy my dodgy double battery one off me cheap. It works fine on full power, but the other modes don't work.

• Supporters

It's made for a 55mm belt to go through. How wide is your back protector? I'm at work today so will have to check later.

Most of it is 105mm but the centre of the back is 165mm.

• Supporters

You mean like this?

fldmp3nx500b.jpg

odwwb2ux500a.jpg

It looks to me as if the vest will take 2 pouches on either side horizontally.

Wrong thread, Ian :)

Maybe that's the case- it'd behave a lot more like a standard US LBV in that way as all the pouches on those are at angles to the rest of the rig. If you didn't like it you could always put more grommets in.

But if the pouches did mount onto that LBV horizontally, where would the locking plate* go through to get to the studs?

I'm guessing that *bellend-shaped metal part at the bottom bends round to lock onto the bottom 2 studs- you'd have to put cuts through the cordura holding the grommets to actually mount the pouches.

• Supporters

Wrong thread, Ian :)

Yeah, but it's about buying - I did buy the vest and I will buy some pouches for it :lol: but just this too:

the locking plate* *bellend-shaped metal part at the bottom

Really? Not like any I've seen...

Really? Not like any I've seen...

:lol: Weeelll... it was easier to describe them that way than,"stereotypical bone shaped end with 2 oval slots on either side which have a larger diameter at the bottom than they do at the top." :D

• Supporters

:lol: Weeelll... it was easier to describe them that way than,"stereotypical bone shaped end with 2 oval slots on either side which have a larger diameter at the bottom than they do at the top." :D

Nah, now you're just making excuses. Go see the doctor, mate. You know it makes sense :lol:

• Supporters

Actually picked this all up a fortnight or so ago but I totally forgot to post somehow.

-Salomon Eskape AERO and Peak

-More patches for the collection

-RA-T NPAS bolt for the LM4

-Magpul logo decals in pink and purple for the G&G

-A lower cowling for the 1911 SOC Holster to allow carry of my railed Kimber with a TLR-1 fitted

11383403795_fd5327be79_b.jpg

11383443414_c21865ea87_b.jpg

Just ordered a Helikon SFU shirt in OD for my Team and Modern African Merc loadouts.

I also just ordered a tan PACA to use with my FR and SEAL loadouts instead of my RG one

• Supporters

I bought a nicely faded Soldier 2000 ripstop DPM Field Jacket t'other day for 99p on fleabay - £5 shipping so if anyone wants a pretty knackered 180/104 (i think - it might be 180/112 and i cba to check right now) S95 jacket for the cost of postage, pm me. I also ended up with a surfeit of PTFE tape, but it would cost more to post than it's fucking worth. Still, if anyone who knows me f2f wants a 12m x 12mm roll, it's 35p :lol:

Edit: yeah, it is a 180/104

• Supporters

Got the first of my seasonal/birthday gifts:

gir2.jpg

Pyrohide & Kevlar - but unlike my other ones, padded on the fingers as well as the knuckles -

with any luck I'll not need another pair of winter gloves before I die so they're a dead cow well used.

Got the first of my seasonal/birthday gifts:

gir2.jpg

Pyrohide & Kevlar - but unlike my other ones, padded on the fingers as well as the knuckles -

with any luck I'll not need another pair of winter gloves before I die so they're a dead cow well used.

...until next winter, when you can't remember where you put them :)

Just ordered a lanyard and holster for my H&K MK23 Socom:

31ib3xFvdBL._SX100_.jpg41bbsKdBAvL._SY100_.jpg

I went minimalist with the holster as it seems difficult to get a holster for such a big pistol and this should allow me to holster it with the silencer on.

41Owj0GOC9L._SX385_.jpg

Hazard 4 Stick-Up Universal Military Velcro Holster

Also ordered some .25 green BB's so I can try heavier ammo without getting the 2 types mixed up :)